• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you use the Red Gyarados?

petrelicious

Miserable Fart
I really don't like Gyarados's design and it's 4x weakness... so nope. It was my HM slave, plus I already had a shiny Pidgeot and I didn't want to be too flashy~

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
I really don't like Gyarados's design and it's 4x weakness... so nope. It was my HM slave, plus I already had a shiny Pidgeot and I didn't want to be too flashy~

Definitely caught a random happening shiny Pidgey in my HG game, but I used the Red Gyarados. The Pidgey's nature was awful so I simply stashed it. Gyarados combo'd well with my Arcanine by having an Intimidate tandem later in the game for using against Lance. Simply switching out between the two would get Lance's Salamence to -6 attack, then Gyarados would DD up to +6 and sweep Lance's team easily.

Joely

Poke me on
I much prefer Gyrados in blue, he just doesn't look like a water Pokemon in red. If it changed his type to fire then i'd have in my team.

I have to admit that I planned on using the Red Gyarados in SoulSilver version, but I ended up depositing it in the PC and I haven't gone back for it in over a year. I really do like Shiny Pokemon, but the Red Gyarados is so common these days that I didn't feel the need to keep it around. I think I traded the Red Gyarados from my HeartGold version so that should tell you that I don't really care for it :x

Exactly! if not everybody could get it, id proably use it, now if i ever run into a wild shiny gyarados, i just flee.... because theyre way too common.

I'm currently using the Red Gyarados in my SoulSilver game. I haven't used it since the old Silver days, but he's a pretty good addition to my team.

Kunaiman9u9

Magikarp Salesman
Honestly I always Loved the Red Gyarados and I'd go through that series of caves (I'm a bad pokemon fan i forgot the name lol) Just so I didn't need a water type before I reached him at the Lake of Rage lol, whether or not it had a 4x weakness or not, I always had some sort of ground type on my team to support him

CrackedPeppers

Camerupt Trainer
I never did, I've only ever used one shiny on my team-my shiny Swablu, now Altaria. The red Gyarados feels slightly gimmicky, it's just there so players can have at least one shiny.

happinas

fairy~
I only ever use it for HM´s if I ever use it, I only really ised Red Gyarados in Gold&Silver, it´s too mainstream and gimmicky nowadays.

TJG68

He is my go to HM slave for those games, mainly because he can still be used in actual fights for a while after you catch him.

RK91

Pokemon Hoarder
I caught and recaught the red Gyrados a bunch of times in my ($10 bootleg) heartgold game until I caught one that was adament and had High IVs. I would have used him in my legit SoulSilver, but I just can't work up the effort to catch and recatch anything.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I don't use him, everyone gets him so he is just too mainstream. I prefer to use my favourite Pokemon and more unusual Pokemon. Plus, I use Feraligatr instead for my Water Type, just because I like him more! ;)