• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you wanna see Pit make a Kid Icarus comeback?

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Yeah, that would be great, yet the Earthbound fans are still begging for a sequel, but still, I mean, I would love that! I mean, just think of the possibilities!

azurill

Yep,especially now that he is in Brawl

I think it would be awesome. and i think that a new kid icarus game would own a new ice climbers game... (which mainly would been on DS)
but i dont think pit fits the wii world... so i would have gone with that the game will either come on DS or the next DS

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Oh and I forgot, if they were to make a Kid Icarus sequel...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT AT LEAST DIFFICULT

Not as frustratingly hard as the first one, mind you, but difficult. Video games, especially Nintendo ones, are too easy nowadays and can ruin the whole experience just by not providing a challenge (I'm looking at you Twilight Princess and Prime 3).

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer

Not as frustratingly hard as the first one, mind you, but difficult. Video games, especially Nintendo ones, are too easy nowadays and can ruin the whole experience just by not providing a challenge (I'm looking at you Twilight Princess and Prime 3).

This is true, Nintendo is making their games TOO EASY! I started out playing the NES when I was about 3, with my first completion of a game when I was about 5 or 6 (Super Mario 2), and Ive gotta say that, if most gamers started out with those basic NES games I think it would create better quality of competition in games now. NES games, all of them, were all about timing. Timing is the key in all video games, but with the state of the industry now, it seems most games are about button mashing, or getting through things quickly. These are two things that I would NOT want to see happen to a Kid Icarus remake. We need an age old classic to be brought back with enough appeal and challenge that gamers will step up to it and WANT to beat it because its a challenge (EG: Ninja Gaiden for XBOX). And if Nintendo were to do this I think it would remedy alot of the complaints there are about Nintendos games in general, as well as prime some youngsters to supercede the vets one day.... instead of the general population of young gamers being stuck in the casual/ crap pool.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I think it would be great, but I can't see Nintendo making a game, using Brawl as a basis for his attacks.
Smash 64's Mario Tornado is one of Mario's few attacks in Galaxy. Please correct me if there's another Mario game that has a move where he spins with his arms and legs out to attack, and rises up.

I couldn't agree more.

I also think they should try again with Ice Climber, this time using physics that don't suck and perhaps a new attack or two, on the DS. That would be brilliant. Not as good as a new Kid Icarus, but great.

[offtopicrant] I'm not going to lie: I hadn't heard of Kid Icarus before Brawl was revealed, but when I did some research I decided to make it among the first games I downloaded from Virtual Console (hard as hell, but very fun). I don't see why people "hate those that hadn't heard of it, ad still like Pit" like so many others on the Internet claim to. Not everyone was fortunate enough to own an NES as a kid. [/offtopicrant]

Last edited:
Hell Yeah

I love him he is my Favorite Character in Brawl as well see avatar and signature

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Based on Pit's fanbase boost after the release of Brawl, I'm sure that a second Kid Icarus would be a good marketing move for Nintendo; it certainly has the potential of being a hit, as long as it is long and difficult enough. There's enough backstory for Pit to make another Kid Icarus game, with a good storyline now.

PkmnTrainerJ

I'd love to see Pit make a real comeback. I loved the Gameboy games.

Kabuto

little punks!
Actually lots of series need to comeback, or appear in the U.S.

Earthbound/Mother, Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus, etc.

But yeah, it would be cool. I'd like to see a "zero mission" treatment to the original game.

First off, if Kid Icarus were to appear on a console it would ruin the experience. They should make a handheld.

Secondly, Prime 3 had hypermode. And also, Prime 3 seemed easy because you are used to Prime 1 and 2. The games don't have a drastic difficulty difference, the only easy mode of Prime 3 was normal. Veteran was good enough. And in TP, well, you can try the 3 heart quest.

Last edited:

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
Yeah, that would be great, yet the Earthbound fans are still begging for a sequel, but still, I mean, I would love that! I mean, just think of the possibilities!

We got one, but NOA is holding it hostage. It's called MOTHER 3.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
I think brawl opened up huge opportunities for come backs. I mean just from stuff from brawl along we can have new: animal crossing(is coming), new kid icarus, pikman 3, new starfox game, donkey kong, and a new kirby game. If nintendo pulled out a few titles like these, it would be pretty sweet. I have a feeling nintendo will be breaking out some surprises at E3 this year; the president of nintendo america, Reggie Fils, said that we are in for some surprises at E3 this year. We could also have a big 2009 nintendo line up. Who knows, maybe even a new F-zero or ice climbers game?

Kabuto

little punks!
I think brawl opened up huge opportunities for come backs. I mean just from stuff from brawl along we can have new: animal crossing(is coming), new kid icarus, pikman 3, new starfox game, donkey kong, and a new kirby game.

most of that stuff was already in production

new DKC isn't happening because rare left.

fhqwhgads

Game, there was one Gameboy one.
First off, if Kid Icarus were to appear on a console it would ruin the experience. They should make a handheld.
Kid Icarus was on the NES, still frigging epic.

Anzua2

If the last three Smash Bros games couldn't convince NoA to translate the Mother franchise, then Kid Icarus is a no-go.

Let's see...

Kid Icarus=Gay.
Pit in Brawl=Gay.
Kid Icarus with Brawl Pit= GAY!!!

Simple math, people.