• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you wanna see Pit make a Kid Icarus comeback?

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Given Brawls release state-side and in Japan, I got to thinking, Pit is a pretty interesting character! Brawl does a good job of translating his 2-D moves and abilities into the fully 3-D fighter, but my question is this: Who would like to see a fully 3-D Kid Icarus incarnation on the Wii? I think given his uniqueness, as well as his skills, and taking away from his roots a base for a story- there would be a possibility for greatness! Discuss!

Silverwing

Sea Ruby Trainer
I'd love, to see a comeback, but I don't really know how well it would be. I mean, the original Kid Icarus had almost none of the moves he shows in Brawl, most are made up (such as all his sword slashes). I think it would be great, but I can't see Nintendo making a game, using Brawl as a basis for his attacks. I think it would be more like the original, in basic platforming with his bow and arrow. I think it would be great to get a another game, I just don't know how it would really be brought out. But who knows, Nintendo has surprised us before.

trapezechimpanz

I believe I read somewhere that he was making a come back...

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Don't be surprised if NST or Retro Studios is working on the game, or one of the other companies Nintendo owns. Time will tell. I have a feeling if they decide to make it a platformer it will be on DS, but if they make like some kind of Adventure game then it would probably be on Wii.

~Scott;229;

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Don't be surprised if NST or Retro Studios is working on the game, or one of the other companies Nintendo owns. Time will tell. I have a feeling if they decide to make it a platformer it will be on DS, but if they make like some kind of Adventure game then it would probably be on Wii.

~Scott;229;

Yeah Id really like to see a good platformer/adventure game come from "Kid Icarus". Maybe not all of his Brawl moves are really compatible with a platformer, but take a look at Fox/Falco/Wolf, nearly none of their moves were ripped from any Star Fox game in particular, except a few from Star Fox Adventure. Alls Im really saying is, is that they have the model, the basis for a few special attacks or moves he can "unlock along the way" through a game. It just bugs me that Nintendo will bring back retro characters into SSB and then leave them there, when im sure theres even some Ice Climbers fans out there that would like to see another title in that series.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
There are rumours about some of Nintendo's old franchises getting some new entries.

I'd like to see what Retro Studios did for Metroid, be done for Kid Icarus. No I don't want another first-person shooter but I think some sort of interesting new gameplay would be great for the franchise.

They could even make it another platforming game but kind of opposite to Mario as opposed to with it (completely different feel, and so on). I could see some sort of EPIC platformer (don't know whether that's been done before) where you're jumping from boulder to boulder while fighting off hordes and hordes of enemies at the same time. What I mean is that you can never stop running and jumping AND have to kill attacking flying things, rather than run and jump, then kill, then run and jump, then kill and so on. Does it make sense?

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I'd like to see what Retro Studios did for Metroid, be done for Kid Icarus. No I don't want another first-person shooter but I think some sort of interesting new gameplay would be great for the franchise.

Agreed.

And past experience tells us would end up being amazing too. I've seen whenever a franchise re-invents itself in 3D it becomes one of the best games ever. Example: Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII etc.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Yeah Id really like to see a good platformer/adventure game come from "Kid Icarus". Maybe not all of his Brawl moves are really compatible with a platformer, but take a look at Fox/Falco/Wolf, nearly none of their moves were ripped from any Star Fox game in particular, except a few from Star Fox Adventure. Alls Im really saying is, is that they have the model, the basis for a few special attacks or moves he can "unlock along the way" through a game. It just bugs me that Nintendo will bring back retro characters into SSB and then leave them there, when im sure theres even some Ice Climbers fans out there that would like to see another title in that series.

I have a feeling small games like Ice Climbers will probably get Wiimakes for WiiWare. I mean Dr. Mario got one after all :p

It's not like they have to make anymore games it's just Nintendo could really remake the game and put it on WiiWare and then if it does well they can take the time to make some full-fledged Adventure game for Kid Icarus =o

~Scott;229;

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
A new Kid Icarus game sounds good. I won't hold my breath for it, though, as there is no bona fide proof of us getting one.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Agreed.

And past experience tells us would end up being amazing too. I've seen whenever a franchise re-invents itself in 3D it becomes one of the best games ever. Example: Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII etc.

Yeah this is true, Nintendo does have a good track record of bringing 2-D games into 3-D experiences pretty successfully. However, other parties such as Sega and Capcom that have had rough times bringing their 2-D gems into the cross-over, examples being Sonic Adventure(oh the horror) and Street Fighter EX(Although not a platformer/adventure, it still did suck and was Capcoms first 3-D iteration of the series).

Anyways, if they did happen to re-make Kid Icarus Id definitely like to see him keep his bow. Probably one of the most bad*** bows Ive ever seen a character have, with its double blades, detaches into two parts for sword fighting, and quick attack speed with power. I mean, with that blade alone Nintendo could make a Kid Icarus game that could rival God of War (in action not blood, context sensitive attacks and other total rip offs).

profpeanut

Even though I've never played the Kid Icarus games before, I think that'd be a great idea to make a 3-D game for the guy. I've kinda daydreamed such a reality.

Shaorune

Aquarius Sphere
I'd be more interested in a Wii Sin and Punishment, but I think it'd be a great idea to make a Kid Icarus Wii game.

Kazuki Mirai

Why not? After all, Super Smash Bros. Melee is what brought Fire Emblem into the U.S. Maybe Brawl might be able to rejuvenate the Kid Icarus franchise. Plus I like Pit's design. =O

Ethan

Banned
Not really. After they tried to bring nights back, I'm not sure I quite trust Nintendo in reviving old franchises.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Not really. After they tried to bring nights back, I'm not sure I quite trust Nintendo in reviving old franchises.

Nintendo didnt revive Nights, SEGA is trying to... which with the Wii I could see that being a moderate success. Melee did bring Fire Emblem State-bound, and in my opinion the first SSB made alot of people look back into Ness' Earthbound roots, although a remake or sequel on Next Gen consoles isnt planned.

Nintendo could easily revive Kid Icarus with the model theyve used in Brawl along with the abilities hes been given. And for me I think Pit would fit right in with a mix of Mario Style platforming and Zelda Style swords play and action. Also with Pit having his own world above and beyond the standard "Earth" that most games have, Sky World could easily cater to his ability to temporarily fly, and use his ranged arrow attacks. Just my opinion though.