• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Want Ash and co. To Age?

Do You Want the Characters to Age?

• Yes

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kabuto

little punks!
Do You Want the Characters to have a drastic age gap. Like Ash being 17 , May being 14 etc. after D/P?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well I like to think Ash has aged already as he looks and acts nothing like he was when he was 10, but official canon ages would be nice.

Ash being around 15 or 16 at the start of D/P would be perfect IMO. He's still a teen, meaning kids can still relate to him and he wouldn't be too old either.

May being around 13 or 14 would be nice too, but then again she already looks like she's 14 or 15, so it really doesn't make a difference with her. Unless her curves get even bigger, which would be a plus I guess.

Brock would probably be like 20 wouldn't he? And I guess Max would finally be old enough to have his own Pokemon.

PDL

disenchanted
there wouldn't be any point to age them... the show will still be aimed to young kids, so they would have kids as stars of the show.

G

Geki

Ash, Misty, and Brock look like they're aged considerably from the Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto adventures. I want them to age yes, but not too old.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Erm...not really...there wouldn't be much of a way of continuity. Although maybe when/if the show starts to draw to a close, then age them slightly more.

Kabuto

little punks!
I would love to see an age gap. Having the characters age would be giving the show new plots and storylines. And May would outgrow her baby team similar to how Ash outgrew his Kanto/Johto team.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Although I love Veronica Taylor's voice work, I think it's high time they changed Ash's voice actor. VT has done very well in aging his voice, but I think at some point they should take the next step and give him a male voice actor. I'd like to see Max get older and start his own journey too.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I'd love it if the characters aged gradually as time went on. Less sure about having a sudden jump into the future, but that could work, too.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Well in a sense yes just to see more character development. It would be a good excuse for it rather than just the usual outfit change. But I remember watching an episode of The Simpsons once where they all grew up and I ended up disliking it, wouldn't like that to be the case for pokémon :p

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
wobbanut said:
[IMG139]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/Random/115.jpg[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/Random/nextag_4.jpg[/IMG139]

Season 55: Pokemon: Aging Champions
IMO This is what will happen if they continue aging. :eek:

~Flareon~

Yes. I want them to age after the Kanto Battle Frontier series. I think Ash will be 17, May will be 15, Brock will be 25, Max will be 11.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

I love Pokemon for what it is so no, I do not want the characters to age. But I felt differently many years ago. I also wanted Misty to die her hair blond, Ash to get black and red clothing, Brock to look more normal and hot.. so much I wanted.
Now I rather have Pokemon for what it is and besides it has this in common with the Baby-Sitters Club series. The Pokemon world is stuck in a timewarp, although much longer.

day_macca

Boulder Trainer
I do want ash an co to age because I want to see what they would look like (brock looking like flint will be funny)

STJ

meh..^_^'
I'm one of those people who don't think they've aged at all... Sure, they probably look different than they did when the show first started..but I fell that that is simply the animators.. Of course, over ten years, they're going to looks slightly different. In my opinion, it wasn't meant to be indicative of chronological age..

I'm also quite happy for everyone to stay the same age as they are now

Freedom

Pokeman
STJ said:
I'm one of those people who don't think they've aged at all... Sure, they probably look different than they did when the show first started..but I fell that that is simply the animators.. Of course, over ten years, they're going to looks slightly different. In my opinion, it wasn't meant to be indicative of chronological age..

I'm also quite happy for everyone to stay the same age as they are now

I think that's the case too. Ash and Misty looked like they aged significantly from Kanto to Orange Islands but in the recent Advance eps they look even younger than they did in the Orange islands. I think it's just an improvement in the animations just like pikachu becoming thinner.

I don't really want the characters to age. they should stay eternally young but their personalities should mature.

besides, may's chest wouldn't fit on screen by the time she hit puberty. :D

Wind Waker

Now that's Effulgent
Sort of, I dn't want them to be happy-go-lucky trainers forever, but at the same time, I don't want them to grow like DBZ charcters. SO maybe one or two years yes, just enough to Give Max a pokémon.

.::Lynee::.

~*~ Scarlet Eyes ~*~
I really really want this to happen. You know, Ash will look like stronger than he was a 12 or 14 boy.
About May: 14 is a beautiful age