• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want that guy who beat Ash in the XY league to return ?

BlueDragonfangirl

Forgive me, I can't remember the characters name. All I know I was pissed off as heck that he beat Ash in the XY league. With old characters coming back into this new thing Ash is doing as rivals for him this would be the perfect time for revenge. What do you guys think?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I'd be down for Alain to return as a Hyper class opponent. Maybe Dragonite can do what Greninja couldn't and bury his lizard.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I can’t really say i care much for having alain be a hyper class opponent for ash. I’d prefer him coming back as sycamore’s assistant if we ever get an episode where ash and goh gets tasked with doing some research on megas. He can still have a friendly match with ash, but i don’t really want his return being focused on it.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Paul first and then Alain.
Yes. I'd like to see him again.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes I would. Heck out of all his rivals I want him to return the most. I loved Alain's character in the first three mega evolution specials (didn't really like the direction the fourth mega evolution special went with him, felt forced and he was a bad rival to Ash) but he is still interesting in his own regards. Mostly I want a 1v1 with Mega Charizard and Ash greninja. I want Ash to triumph over him

Red and Blue

Ash would just take another L like last time,unless Greninja somehow came back stronger it still wouldn't get the job done.Alain's goal is to become the world's strongest mega evolution trainer so he isn't just sitting on his ass doing nothing he's constantly going around facing powerful ME users improving his Charizard.
Unlike in XY Alain isn't the main obstacle this time. Leon is. I could definitely see Ash bearing Alain in the PWC

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash would just take another L like last time,unless Greninja somehow came back stronger it still wouldn't get the job done.Alain's goal is to become the world's strongest mega evolution trainer so he isn't just sitting on his ass doing nothing he's constantly going around facing powerful ME users improving his Charizard.
Except last when we saw Alain he no longer had his mega stone or keystone Lysandre gave him, abandoning them and going out to look for keystones for Pokémon Sycamore along with Mairin

Red and Blue

With what?A temporary plot powerup from Pikachu?
Don't see why Pikachu couldn't do it. If he is going to be taking on Champion's Pokemon in the Master Class Alain's Charizard shouldn't that big of a problem
Except last when we saw Alain he no longer had his mega stone or keystone Lysandre gave him, abandoning them and going out to look for keystones for Pokémon Sycamore along with Mairin
He could easily find replacements if he needs them

Pokemonfan5

Don't see why Pikachu couldn't do it. If he is going to be taking on Champion's Pokemon in the Master Class Alain's Charizard shouldn't that big of a problem

He could easily find replacements if he needs them
Also Pikachu already beat an opponent who is champion level and right now his main opponent is world champion ace, so Pikachu winning doesn't seem unbelievable at all.

Or maybe Ash-Greninja can comeback stronger than ever with some kind of training with Zygarde or maybe all the hard work to remove those vines make him stronger to win this time.

Kuzehiko

Don't you think Ash's Dragonite is stronger than Ash-Greninja as of now?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wouldn’t be against it but he’s probably on the lower end of Ash’s rivals that I want to see. I’d prefer Ritchie, Paul, Barry, Trip (lol), or Gladion before Alain as I’m not really interested in a rematch

Kuzehiko

It was an ongoing debate on whether he's E4 or champion level but Iris has gotta be one of if not the weakest champion in the anime.I could see Flint's Infernape defeating her Haxorus without a doubt.
It's not an ongoing debate.
Alain lost to Siebold.
He also defeated Malva.
He is an E4 level clearly. Where is the proof that makes her the weakest regional champion? We have never seen regional champions battle amongst them.
There is no way to figure out. Flint is an E4 as well. He can't beat a regional champion, proved as when he lost to Cynthia despite having trained the hell out of his butt. So Flint's Infernape beating Iris' ace has zero basis.