• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want that guy who beat Ash in the XY league to return ?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Nah, not really. I don't think he was an interesting character at all. He wasn't the worst but there are plenty of more interesting characters I'd rather see return instead, like Lillie, or Gladion, or Morty. I don't see what Alain would add to the story that a myriad of other battling trainers can't do just as well. There's nothing special or different about his character, the only thing he has is an overpowered Charizard. I'd rather see the writers give some competence to Leon for once instead of having Alain show up just to make how Leon uses his Charizard appear even more pathetic.

deliaketchum

The only measure of trainers across different regions is PWC. Everyone starts from bottom here. Lets see if Iris returns again to make it atleast top 10. As of know, gym leaders (especially galar) are much closer to top. I think bea will also challenge leon in top 8.

Alain returning and reaching top 8 is possible but not from narrative point of view as there will two op charizard.

It is fruitless to talk about power levels when show is inconsistent. Ash becoming champion over 20 years collecting **** load of badges. Iris becoming champion during 3 regions. Yet they all are 10 years old. Go figure. 5 year old are kahuna (e4) while 50 year old are also kahuna.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Since talking about rival I will consider Paul and alain return for one more time and that Cameron as well who defeated ash in unova so this time ash defeats him

YES YES YES SO THAT GRENINJA CAN FINALLY BEAT ALAINS ASS

RetroPokeFan

To be honest, no.

And it's not like it's gonna happen anyway since we've only really seen game characters return so far (asides from Paul as of now).

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I honestly don’t feel like I would be emotionally invested in Alain mainly because I don’t feel like the characters were that emotionally invested in each other. They barely knew each other. At least when other characters returned like Korrina, she at least had some kind of temporary companion arc. All I saw of Alain and Ash’s interaction was essentially robots going through the motion. Really, I don’t think there’s a point to him coming back if the main focus is “hey, he’ll maybe get beaten this time.”

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
No, he's too serious and unstoppable as a rival that I find him bland. Sawyer would be a better choice for a return because he got to interact more with Ash and we actually see his growth as a trainer.