• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
What the hell is in your sig?

Awesomeness, that is what.

Sure, when I meet someone who has the same passion for video games that I do. Do chicks play video games anymore?

Why yes, yes we do. But if you're talking about baby chickens, then I cannot answer on that one.

I want to get married someday, but not asap. As half the time, modern "let us get married as we are sooo in looveee don't work"

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
If I meet the right person then yes. I feel that although the concept of marriage is terrifying, a lot of us would actually really warm up to the idea if we met somebody we thought was perfect for the job. But I seriously cannot see myself with a long-term partner and kids ;_;

Buchou

filch some swag
I'd love to get married. Not currently, as the university I am accepted to voids scholarships for whatever dumb reason. After I finish medical school, and have established myself, then I'll tie the knot with the right guy.

I have a method of finding out if a woman is marriage material for you. There are two general kind of reaction you will get:

1) women that submit easily to you

2) women who dont submit to you

and the second has to other subsets

a) women who patronize you

b) women who belittle you

Of course you will only want to marry those in category 1 and treat them as good as possible without going overboard. I think most marriage fail because of small kind of disrespect that are first tolerated but then become a bigger issue.

ElxlceL

Xwisher Sweet
I must admit, the whole white picket fence/playing catch with my kids things is appealing. But being a single successful college kid with swag do stupid its as though I got that line from a rap song, I have a lucky life. A life of freedom, a life that mirrors America's pre-World War II foriegn diplomacy - free of entanglements.
* I like to drink
* I like to S*** with the door open
* I like to use provocative language when in the presence of children and women. Especially the elderly

So clearly, im not husband material, yet guys who win like me, act like deushbags are inevitably, in this time and society, the most eligible bachelor.

EDIT: How Ironic would that be if within the course of one year I get married...

One of the few goals I have in life is to be a house husband, working from home doing some minimal journalism shiz while my wife has a high flying job. Ideally having a like-minded friend nearby to chill with in the afternoon when the housework is done. I also want awesome little children to live vicariously through.

I want to get married.

MisterM

That's what she said
One of the few goals I have in life is to be a house husband, working from home doing some minimal journalism shiz while my wife has a high flying job. Ideally having a like-minded friend nearby to chill with in the afternoon when the housework is done. I also want awesome little children to live vicariously through.

I want to get married.

Wow, you're the lazy kind, huh? Basically, you want your wife to work her **** off and bring money while you would just sit around in your home, doing almost nothing, just chill with your friends? If that's your conception of a relationship, then I hope for you you'll stay single, no girl deserves to live with someone like that.

I hope you're being ironic here.

Anyway, I'd like to get married as many of you. I think marriage has received some major critics in the past few years with the whole 'half of the weddings end with a divorce' thing but IMO, marriage is something that 2 people have thought about for a long time, it's their way to show to the world that they're happy together, and thus it's something that proves how serious this relationship is. Of course, it may not be necessary, but it's just the best way to do it IMO. When you announce to your family/friends that you're getting married, I can't imagine how good it feels.

Wow, you're the lazy kind, huh? Basically, you want your wife to work her **** off and bring money while you would just sit around in your home, doing almost nothing, just chill with your friends? If that's your conception of a relationship, then I hope for you you'll stay single, no girl deserves to live with someone like that.

I hope you're being ironic here.

Partially.

I hope you're being ironic. Housework constitutes almost nothing? You have just laid waste to the livelihoods of millions of women (and men) around the world.

I'm content to work, don't get me wrong, if I had a job I enjoyed even more so, but I'm not going to pretend that if I had a partner earning shitloads I wouldn't be happy to take a more leisurely/laidback approach to earning (especially if it meant working from home). Noen of that pathetic earning envy for me, I don#t see it as emasculation. I'm doing my bit for feminism by providing a solid backdrop for her to continue her career. Can you say that, or are you jsut one of those glass ceiling fitters!!???!!?!?

In addition to which, I would very much like to raise my kids full time if I ever have them. Of course I would work for them if needs be, but IDEALLY I wouldn't.

Last edited:

Calamity™

aka Lamia

He said he wanted to do Journalism work too, which he could partly do from home, so he wouldn't be doing nothing. Anyway, I don't actually think it's that bad for a man to want to stay at home and work, while doing household things and looking after kids. That would actually be quite ideal for some of us. I know I want to persue my career and hopefully go quite far in it. And to know housework had been done and that kids are being looked after would be one big worry off your shoulders. Never underestimate the housework! lol. But yeah my point is that you can't say it's a bad thing without considering a different viewpoint first.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I just don't see myself getting married. I've been on dates before, and while they were fun for a little while, nothing really serious came out of it. In the meantime, I like being independent and making my own decisions.

Spiky

Prediction succesful
I'M FREAKING 15!!! :O :O :O What did you expect?!! o_O
But if I'm older... it will depends if it's a good girl who isn't a ****** cause else I would break up with her and find a new 1 and if that girl is a good girl than I would marry her. :/

Mrmuffin123

First Male Swiftie
nah

Naa! Dont want to have sex...

Totokip

Black Triangle
He said he wanted to do Journalism work too, which he could partly do from home, so he wouldn't be doing nothing. Anyway, I don't actually think it's that bad for a man to want to stay at home and work, while doing household things and looking after kids. That would actually be quite ideal for some of us. I know I want to persue my career and hopefully go quite far in it. And to know housework had been done and that kids are being looked after would be one big worry off your shoulders. Never underestimate the housework! lol. But yeah my point is that you can't say it's a bad thing without considering a different viewpoint first.

Regular housework? The only good kind of that I can think of is being a youtube partner. I'd rather go ask for a job at gamestop! Hey, maybe they'd put on gameinformer! That'd be awesooome...this isn't the place for daydreams. But it's better for a husband to work outside the house IMO. If I had kids I'd send'm to pre-school anyway.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Regular housework? The only good kind of that I can think of is being a youtube partner. I'd rather go ask for a job at gamestop! Hey, maybe they'd put on gameinformer! That'd be awesooome...this isn't the place for daydreams. But it's better for a husband to work outside the house IMO. If I had kids I'd send'm to pre-school anyway.

I've done work both considered "housewife" (cleaning, vacuuming, laundry) stuff and "man" stuff (yardwork, home improvement work, repair). To be honest, work is work, there's very little difference between the two. Both take physical effort, time, and energy.

If I were to get married, I would definitely help my wife as much as I could, because helping is the best way to show love. To me, a diamond ring or box of chocolates doesn't speak as strongly as being there when that person needs help, and to do whatever you can to make that person's life easier by being that support. Don't let material goods speak for you. Let you and your actions speak for you.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Unless she is a rich cougar, no. The concept of love was lost with my generation, and unfortunately is slowly dying out. There's no other point besides sexual and financial benefits.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I nearly lost faith in the world of love. It's become a cash-crop or a divorce fest. I don't care for any of those things. I just want to have a lovely wife that will love me as much as I her, and I could be arsed about what anyone else thinks. It's hard to find her, but I will not give in. If I do meet her someday, I will make sure I make her see me for who I am, and love me for it. And I will do it with unrelenting restlessness.

*deep breaths* I needed that...

Calamity™

aka Lamia

So being a YouTube partner can be related to regular housework? Not trying to be rude, but do you even know how a household works? And there are many jobs out there that can allow you to work from home, whether they are low paid or high paid jobs. Anyway, the kids thing is just a matter of opinion. Some people wouldn't mind sending them to daycares, but some would only want them to be with family. So having your husband looking after the kids would be quite ideal for most working women.

Status
Not open for further replies.