• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookz

Lumos
It's not on my agenda currently: mostly because I'm still young and also because it's not legal in most states right now.

That being said, if the right girl comes my way and we decide it's something we're interested then I'm not opposed to it. I'm a bit of a romantic at heart, so yeah, marriage could be in my future.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Yes, I do want to commit the rest of my life with someone I truly love. I also have strong paternal instincts, so naturally I'd like to have a family someday.

You can't go into marriage thinking that "well, if it doesn't work out, we'll just get divorced!" That's like going to school with the mindset "well, if I don't do well, I'll just drop out!" You and your spouse need to have your goals in the right place.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Possibly. Marriage isn't only a ceremony, but a legal contract of sorts, and I'd be worrying more about the potential pros and cons of the legal contract part.

At this point, I'd do my damnedest to avoid a fancy religious ceremony, though. My general distaste for organized religion doesn't really help matters much.

-Nator-

Eh, love is pretty much hopeless if you don't have "looks", money or class. Personality is never a factor anymore.
With that being said, my answer is simply... no.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
No, I don't like kids and I don't think I can be a good mother.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
One day, yes. I'm only 12, though, so it'll be at least 4 years in my state.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm of age where marriage should be my top priority. I was taught that dating is a way of figuring out what you look for in a spouse. Unfortunately, I have not dated yet, and that should be the one thing I should focus on. I would love to be married, but at the rate it's going, it might not be for a long while. I get a little upset thinking what my life would be like if I never got married.

So yes, I want to get married, but I should date first. Hopefully, I'll find a man who loves me for who I am, though I may end up going through a few jerks or I end up intimidating someone before I do, who knows. I'm pretty weird and rather intelligent, so there's a good chance a good portion would avoid me for one reason or another. *shrugs*

Profesco

gone gently
Yeah, down the road a ways. I want the whole dream package: the lovely wife, the 2.5 lovely children, the lovely house in the suburbs with the lovely white picket fence and the two lovely hybrid cars in the garage. It's an image so twee and idyllic as to threaten activating the cynical gag reflex, but oh well. ^_^;

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I'm kinda curious about the ages of those posting in this thread. You get different responses when you ask a 12 year old if they want to get married vs. asking a 22 year old.

I thought the title was talking to me specifically for a second. o_O

No, it takes a lot of effort, like someone else here said.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I was thinking about this earlier, mostly because my work friend just asked his girlfriend to marry him. He's 24, and I think that's a bit young, but apparently he's been together with her for a few years.

I'd rather wait until maybe 30's at least, enjoy single life more.

kochoupink

butts lol
It was talking to you!

*runs away crying!*

Hahahahha that was really good.

I do want to get married. Then everything only costs half as much because you only need to buy one of it together. Fact. It's like having a permanent roommate/bff who you can also have sex with without things being awk the next day.

Profesco

gone gently
Status
Not open for further replies.