• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
Yeah I do want to get married one day. I would like to have a wife, and one day have a few kids of my own, but I know I am NOWHERE near ready for marriage right now. Maybe in about 5 years.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
yes, and ill make tons of kids and make them mine cole for a living while ill relax and watch the profits come in

nothing beat's cheap labor

Romeo32

Yeah, I guess so........ I don't like kids much but if I find someone I really like I guess it's worth it

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
No. I have no interest in any relationship now, and even if that changes in the future I never plan on getting married. The risk of losing half my stuff, along with possible alimony and child support payments depending on the situation mortifies me. I know it sounds cynical to forgo "true happiness" for the risk of financial ruin, but marriage isn't my idea of true happiness. Lots of money is. I am one of the seemingly few people these days who believe money can buy happiness. And even if the marriage doesn't end in divorce the cost of supporting a family, as well as my general dislike for children strength the case against it.

Besides I have been an independent person all my life. I love hanging out with friends, but I can't picture myself enjoying a one on one relationship with someone.

Rave

Banned
I do want to get married. Then everything only costs half as much because you only need to buy one of it together. Fact. It's like having a permanent roommate/bff who you can also have sex with without things being awk the next day.

^This. And it saves the trouble of no longer having to impress anyone else (except bosses) and go about trying to get someone to go around with.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Im concerned that theres no real alternative to marriage. Its not like marriage is the ultimate from of commitment. Theres no real hierarchy of what stages you have to go through in a relationship. Tax breaks are different though.

Its more of a social custom, but marriage really isn't something you have to do to show your commitment. You and your partner could be shmizmars or something

Grei

not the color
Yup, I'll marry the first girl I date. Nothing could go wrong.

Make sure you tell her that on the first date. She'll never leave your side.

I intend to get married. None of this "civil union" crap. Although, if I did get married, I don't know who I would invite. My family, obviously, and likely my closest friends, but outside of them I'm not sure who would be comfortable. (Hell, I'm not sure who would be comfortable within my own family.)

No. 1 Machop Fan

No way. I'm happier single. A partner would just get in the way.

PsychicPsycho

I think I'd be fine with getting married one day, but I'm not sure. I'm so shy / socially awkward that I've never even been on a date (and I'm well beyond the point when that would typically happen), so I may start a relationship one day and realize it's not for me.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
No. I have no interest in any relationship now, and even if that changes in the future I never plan on getting married. The risk of losing half my stuff, along with possible alimony and child support payments depending on the situation mortifies me. I know it sounds cynical to forgo "true happiness" for the risk of financial ruin, but marriage isn't my idea of true happiness. Lots of money is. I am one of the seemingly few people these days who believe money can buy happiness. And even if the marriage doesn't end in divorce the cost of supporting a family, as well as my general dislike for children strength the case against it.

Besides I have been an independent person all my life. I love hanging out with friends, but I can't picture myself enjoying a one on one relationship with someone.

^These are pretty much my thoughts on it. I honestly can't get the possible negatives out of head, and they far outweight the positive.

Money can buy happiness.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I have mixed views on marriage. One view is that if you love the person, then that person should be all you want, you shouldn't need to display this to everyone else in the world. On the other hand, there's the whole glamorous side to getting married, and it sort of is every little girls dream (in most cases).
If I was to find the right person, then I probably would want to be married at some point in my life. Although you can never be sure of what happens after, I would only ever go into marriage if I really thought I could spend the rest of my life with this person, mainly because of my views on the high rate of divorces.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Congratulations, you are now officially my twin.

That's the way I used to think too; in fact I was probably farther gone than a lot of people but...

I personally think there ARE decent people out there. Granted there'll be few and far in number but there has to be. If there are people like us... think about it. ;p

Victory

Banned
I wanna get married and have a family. Nothing special, this is kind if how I want it...XD
1 Boy, 1 Girl (Preferably Twins), 1 Dog (Cocker Spaniel, Black Lab, or Bulldog)

Status
Not open for further replies.