• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Eh, I'm happy enough with my biff at the moment, and at my age I don't feel the need to rush.

BTW, deoxysxx, don't you think the world is better than you expected?

My parents were married with one kid and another on the way at my age, but I'm really not interested in either of those things at this point. It seems like much of my generation is just happy to do it later, since most of my friends aren't married or parents yet, either.

I really don't want to end up like my parents in any of their marriages, though, excluding my father's second. You know, married to the wrong person because there was a problem with birth control or married to someone who constantly berates and belittles me, with a bunch of screaming kids to try to balance on top of everything else I still want to do with my life.

I'm honestly more scared of that than I am of most things that could kill me. Maybe it's a bit of an unreasonable fear, but I spent most of my childhood watching how miserable it could make people.

Last edited:

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
My parents were married with one kid and another on the way at my age, but I'm really not interested in either of those things at this point. It seems like much of my generation is just happy to do it later, since most of my friends aren't married or parents yet, either.

I really don't want to end up like my parents in any of their marriages, though, excluding my father's second. You know, married to the wrong person because there was a problem with birth control or married to someone who constantly berates and belittles me, with a bunch of screaming kids to try to balance on top of everything else I still want to do with my life.

I'm honestly more scared of that than I am of most things that could kill me. Maybe it's a bit of an unreasonable fear, but I spent most of my childhood watching how miserable it could make people.

It's understandable; I know exactly what you mean. Getting married at all can sometimes be the worst choice anyone can make even if they ARE meant for each other. Marriage in my opinion is just a bunch of legally bounding papers and that's it. =/ A couple shouldn't need paper to prove their own love IMO.

Eh, I'm happy enough with my biff at the moment, and at my age I don't feel the need to rush.

BTW, deoxysxx, don't you think the world is better than you expected?

Not really, I have seen and heard about some insane ****, and the world is much worse than what I thought years ago... So no I don't. I try not to give anyone a chance when it comes to dating...but there is one person that really does stir up my feelings and thoughts towards marriage. It's soooo annoying. >_<

J-boogie200

Not now, but a long time from now most definitely. I've always been a fan of the idea of true love lasting a lifetime, and raising a family.

But...doesn't...everyone? Honestly why would you or anyone for that matter, feel that marriage is mandatory? Especially since it's not guaranteed for all couples?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh, I love having the feeling that someone loves me and just me alone.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
But...doesn't...everyone? Honestly why would you or anyone for that matter, feel that marriage is mandatory? Especially since it's not guaranteed for all couples?
I guess I was raised that way. Being from a stereotypical Catholic Family, that's been pretty much the dream.

I guess there's no real reason for why, it just has been.

DarkraiMiestro

something or other
Maybe in 20 or 25 years.

J-boogie200

I guess I was raised that way. Being from a stereotypical Catholic Family, that's been pretty much the dream.

I guess there's no real reason for why, it just has been.

Dude, I see where you are coming from, but I can't help but wonder why something stereotypical should matter? Aren't we supposed to break stereotypes?

Trust me, if you see no reason for why you'd want to get married, don't do it. Yes, I know you said you weren't ready right this instant, but the problem with marriage is, that it's done soley for the wedding and hype but not for the love anymore.

This may sound pessimistic, but marriage right now has become a joke. God Bless those who are, but if you are not, may you remain blessed as well.

How you were raised shouldn't affect you.

Exactly

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
As usual, this question is asked maybe once a month, and on schedule, stupid replies are among us.

matthewm9

Well, i'm only 12 but this is my opinion: Girls don't like you if you don't look good! Yes, there have been many girls in my class this year I have had a crush on, but there was this one girl I liked more than all of them, her name was Audree and the only reason I liked her is because her personality.Personality is all that matters.

So, i'm not going to marry unless a girl likes me cause of my personality, PERIOD!

Marriages end left and right these days, it's just not what it use to be. People get married for the wrong reasons all the time, which leads to divorce in the end.

People should be looking for loyal spouses, the ones with values and wanting the marriage to work.

Interrupt

INTERRUPTING COW
It's not on my agenda currently: mostly because I'm still young and also because it's not legal in most states right now.

That being said, if the right girl comes my way and we decide it's something we're interested then I'm not opposed to it. I'm a bit of a romantic at heart, so yeah, marriage could be in my future.

Wait, marriage? (o_O) Unless your lez, then that makes sense.

I'm kinda curious about the ages of those posting in this thread. You get different responses when you ask a 12 year old if they want to get married vs. asking a 22 year old.

Well my answer was intelligent (>:U)

I'm actually 11. *le sheepish*

Status
Not open for further replies.