• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Some day. I'm not in any rush at the moment, but I suppose I'd like to get married some day.

I'm still unsure about whether or not I want kids. I like kids, but I'm not sure how I would do as a father. I guess it would depend on my relationship with any potential wives, though.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
The first post pretty much echoes the majority of the immature and ignorant mindsets of marriage in this topic.

Personally I wouldn't want to get married. I've been in situations before where I was financially linked to someone and I didn't care for it one bit.
What situation was this and how does it compare to marriage? If you didn't "care for it one bit", then that makes the analogy null since marriage is about caring more than one bit.

I like the freedom of being unmarried. If a relationship doesn't work then you can both just go your separate ways but if a marriage doesn't work you have to go through a long process of paperwork and turmoil. It's just kind of silly to stay with someone you're not happy with because you lost your virginity to them anyway.
Don't know what you mean by the virginity thing, but you must be going off of some silly personal experience and using it to make blanket statements. Not smart.

Second, are you serious? Paperwork is your problem? Ending any long-term relationship with big investments is turmoil paperwork or not. I say this from first-hand experience.

Sounds to me that most of you are just scared. Scared to be vulnerable and put trust in another human being besides your own blood. Scared to actually live your life for another rather than yourself and yours. Yes, the task seems daunting at first, but it's possible. It's not a matter of looking at your high school or celebrities and deciding then; it's a matter of thinking of that ideal person you already have in your head, and then finding them.

If you choose to just be in a relationship all of your life and never get married, that would be very disadvantageous. There would always be an avenue of the person leaving any time they want. Compared to a married person in which there is a clear contract. In other words, there is less security in the relationship. That is what marriage does at least mentally: create security and bonding that's one level above "in a relationship". I've not even gotten to the law advantages yet.

Some of you still need time in life, I guess.

I just don't want to get married. I'm not scared. But you seem to be unreasonably pissed.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
That wasn't aimed at a person simply saying no. It was aimed at people who said no for stupid, selfish reasons.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I imagine many of you will think differently as you mature. You'll become more lonely and lovesick and realize that its not good to live alone the rest of your life.

As for me, I can see myself getting married 5-10 years down the road possibly. I just don't feel like i'm stable enough yet to be married. I still have many selfish and lazy tendencies right now that I want to work out over the next few years. Not saying that it will all disappear as I get married, I imagine that there will be other problems associated with being married that i'm not aware of yet. but I want to be in a better spot than I am right now.

I also like to think I could do a better job than my own father. After seeing him desert my mother when she was sick and needed him the most and then having kids with another woman made me want to be a better father than he was. I'm just worried about spreading that dysfunction to my own kids though. But I doubt it will keep me from getting married in the future. So I do think I will get married someday. But i'm content to be single right now.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Five years is not long enough to assess something such as that.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Not really, I haven't had friends in 5 years. I think I'm doing pretty good, I won't be lonely, I'm not like everyone else.

For a while I always thought I could be content just living alone. How great it would be to just be in my house all day with few distractions. Now i'm usually home alone half the time and I feel very lonely usually. These days I crave the company of other people. Not necessarily a relationship, just being around other people. But i'm thinking it might be a sign that I should start dating soon.

I don't know what kind of personality type you are. Maybe you're just very introverted, but I bet that at some point in the future you'll change. Maybe i'll be wrong, but I really bet you'll crave love at some point in your life.

For a while I always thought I could be content just living alone. How great it would be to just be in my house all day with few distractions. Now i'm usually home alone half the time and I feel very lonely usually. These days I crave the company of other people. Not necessarily a relationship, just being around other people. But i'm thinking it might be a sign that I should start dating soon.

I don't know what kind of personality type you are. Maybe you're just very introverted, but I bet that at some point in the future you'll change. Maybe i'll be wrong, but I really bet you'll crave love at some point in your life.

My personality type is IIPF (Introverted, Intuitive, Perceiving, and Feeling.)

Most girls don't interest me, only some do, so if I like someone you can guarantee there's something special about them that I might see that no one else might.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
My personality type is IIPF (Introverted, Intuitive, Perceiving, and Feeling.)

Most girls don't interest me, only some do, so if I like someone you can guarantee there's something special about them that I might see that no one else might.

Fair enough. I will say that its not something to be taken lightly. Rushing into a marriage can lead to disastrous results. my dad's ex girlfriend originally married a guy that she only knew for a short time. She was barely out of high school and had a kid the year after. They would divorce soon after the baby was born and now there's always custody feuds going on between them. So there is something to be said for caution. But I wouldn't let that scare you off entirely. Its a matter of taking the time to meet the right person and spending time with them before you decide to spend the rest of your lives together.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Unless your wife is super horny, I doubt you'll be having "lots of sex" with her.

It's not something you do every day.

The post sounded more like a joke to me. Every day is probably wishful thinking, but two people can be married and have an active sex life. Sure, kids and jobs make things a little less spontaneous but those things aren't exclusive to marriage and plenty of people manage to make time for it. It really depends on the people involved.

Mister_SGG

The post sounded more like a joke to me. Every day is probably wishful thinking, but two people can be married and have an active sex life. Sure, kids and jobs make things a little less spontaneous but those things aren't exclusive to marriage and plenty of people manage to make time for it. It really depends on the people involved.

I'm not saying you're going to do it something ridiculous like once a year, but I meant what I said: most couples don't go have intercourse every fucking day.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I used to to hate the idea... Now I'd love to have a long committed relationship. But due to certain circumstances in my life, I just can't. No more relationships for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.