• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Yeah. I wouldn't want to be living alone when I'm at the age to.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
I guess marriage would be something to look forward too, but of course its up to the mate that i would potentially have or not have's decision.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I'm on board with this %100.

I'm looking at a future career as a university professor, maybe researcher. It's not exactly a glamorous or lucrative career, but it is still a career with a lot of invested time and presence. At best I can say there'd be some room to conduct lectures online, or get to a department position where I let my grad students teach part of my courseload for their own education/experience. If my future wife had a more lucrative career than mine, and wanted to pursue it, there's no question I'd seek what ways there were to do the stay-at-home dad thing. Any chances I'd have to stay home and be present in the lives and education of my future kids are going to be absolutely precious.

As for MisterM's criticism: if the sum earning power of the household is enough to meet the financial needs and investments the family has, I don't see in what possible way it could matter whether the father, the mother, both, or neither worked from home or abroad, or who earned more.
I have some expertise on this subject being I am into my 24th year of marriage. Prof your view on marriage will make you a good catch to your future spouse! Admittedly I am the old fashion type. I have worked hard all my li... I have always tried to bring in the money so my wife did not have to work. It isn't out of chauvinism it is out of the fact I wanted my wife to have the luxury of not "needing" to work.

Marriage is not two people living together. It is two people working together to support one another. Someone has to be the banker one person has to be the doer. That is very important. There MUST also be communication and teamwork. If you cannot talk about the issues in your marriage (the bills, the house, the yard, the neighborhood...lil Bobby's grades in school) and get on the same page you will fail.

These are things you must discuss before getting married. Loyalty is a big big issue also. But if you are happy together and can work out the bumps in the road with discussion then you have a good chance of succeeding.

If you cannot compromise you cannot work as a couple. Love works wonders but it also needs companionship (in the platonic sense). Once the euphoria wears off you need to be good friends because every couple fights. It may not be knock down drag out cage match fighting, but no two people think exactly alike, and thus there will be some conflict.

That being said, being able to communicate (including listening and acknowledging) with your spouse is more important than the bedroom chemistry for a long lasting relationship. The Chemistry is still the fun part though ;)

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Nah, I'm just not the sort to get married, I mean in today's world most women only get married for money, and to be perfectly quaint, I don't have that much and I don't wanna lose my small pitiful amount of money.
"Today's world"? You thought it was better years ago?

Quit stereotyping.

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
It's just kind of silly to stay with someone you're not happy with because you lost your virginity to them anyway.
You don't HAVE to marry the first person you have sex with you know?! I'd say people that do marry that first person are getting more and more uncommon.

I don't see how paperwork could be an issue either, it's like a few days work if you're slow and it's for a lifetime commitment.

I'm hoping to get married someday, I think it'd be a pretty awesome deal and don't really see any negatives if you're with someone you love.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I hate when wives be trying to make you rake the leaves. Like seriously, that's the most pointless thing woman complain about.

It seem like they worry more about the lawn then men.

Lawns aren't gonna clean themselves! And you know how much better they look without leaves scattered everywhere!! Men come and go, but my front lawn does not!

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I think it'd be a pretty awesome deal and don't really see any negatives if you're with someone you love.
Then you need to take off your rose glasses Danny. Marriage is a lot of work. Love included, you have to work at it every day to make it wonderful (or just bearable). A few years in you(both) probably will wonder if you made the right choice (7 year itch), the shine will dull a little when you wake up to your spouse and see them at their everyday norm. Not glammed up to see you.

There will be long times when you will just sit there watching TV or doing the chores. And then there will be that moment that you see her/him and they just glow! You will fight you will struggle, you will laugh you will just hold hands and be content.

I'd say 7 outta 10 days I'm glad to be married. Two days I'm glad I'm not single and one day I look and wonder, "what the heck is that thing blowing fire out of it's nose?"

I love my wife and I am thankful of the years we have spent together... but it's a lot of work being together so long. I am looking forward to putting in the effort for a few more decades at least.

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
D: But I like my rose-tinted glasses! lol

I'd say 7 outta 10 days I'm glad to be married. Two days I'm glad I'm not single and one day I look and wonder, "what the heck is that thing blowing fire out of it's nose?"
Sounds remarkably honest. Made me laugh though!

Gweedo

Skarmory Rider
I would love to be married! It's nice to have that one person around that you can always trust, talk to, and hang out with. And the kids with marriage is probably the best part. Can't wait for kids! What's better to be married to your best friend and lover and having cute little mini yous running around?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
What's better to be married to your best friend and lover and having cute little mini yous running around?
Having the mini yous moving out after being raised the best you can, so you can run around freely with your friend and lover again! ;)

Ludwig

I would love to be married! It's nice to have that one person around that you can always trust, talk to, and hang out with. And the kids with marriage is probably the best part. Can't wait for kids! What's better than to be married to your best friend and lover and having cute little mini yous running around?

Doing mathematics.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
Probably, once I find the right man for me.... and once I'm 18.

xDWarrior

Someday, alas. But not today.

AmpharosUltimatum

I, personally, would like to get married. I'm already engaged and happier than I've ever been in the relationship that I'm in. He and I already basically share each other's money. Rent, food, pet supplies, and other things. We've also lived together for over half a year. Things seem to be going great.

Status
Not open for further replies.