1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want to see Brock back?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by VS, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Nightfall_

Nightfall_ Gamer Extrodinare

I'll miss him go gaga for the ladies, but other then that, I don't miss him. Besides, I like Cilan too much now anyways.

And as said above, we already have the Lady Failure Oshawott, so I don't see WHY we need him back. And if we even did, most fans would get...well...upset because Cilan is pretty popular right now.

2. CupidKirby

CupidKirby Well-Known Member

Aside from the simultaneous erruption of fanboy/girl bashing that's going to go down added to the copious amounts of 15-page debates of how the episode should've happened no matter what the result of the battle, I'd say go for it.

I don't think they're going to replace Cilan anytime soon. I'm just guessing but I think his popularity in Japan is exponentially increasing.

3. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

He has at least another 3 years left. Don't really see them keeping Cilan past Best Wishes though.

I assume from this point on Ash will continually travel with two new people each saga. They kept Brock too long and I doubt they will treat Cilan the same way.

4. pokeninja123

pokeninja123 what?

no i think brock was around too long.

5. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

Maybe, Cilan could stay for like a generation or maybe a little longer than that if the writers treat his character well.

6. Yeul

Yeul Green Eyed Girl

Me? Biased? Understatement of the year, dear.
    Brock accomplished aprons, lollercoasters and restraining orders in the first 50 episodes, while Dento accomplished aprons, lulz and reverse restraining orders in that same amount of episodes. Perhaps I shouldn't be hatin' on a young man Takeshi Shudo characterized, but don't ask me, I'm just a housewife.

7. pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132 Well-Known Member

Im not sure if using Johto is credible example because at that time writers were inexperienced not treating several other things well.Like Ash,his pokemon team,Misty,Jessie,James and Meowth,rivals etc.

During Hoenn and DP it can be noticed increase of quality in writing when it comes to treatment of some things.Brock never received much focus even back in Kanto always getting the least out of original trio and fact that his role never had much connection with battling or competing didnt helped either limiting writers options to have him more involved within story.

Contests werent the only reason but it cant be denied how introduction of female co-star with their roles becoming almost equal to Ash(especially in Dawn case)took up much more focus than it was case before with Ash and girl protagonist quests taking up most of available screen time.To some extent reason behind Brock neglect was due to there not being left more extra focus which could be dedicated toward his development.

Another thing which supports such theory is fact that Cilan which took up Brock basic role of older caretaker and cook is receiving more focus than he did in AG and DP.Formula of anime going back to Ash as only main star with other being supporting characters provided more available focus which could be distributed equally among characters.

For record Misty did more and had more episodes focusing on her than Brock did even in Johto.

8. KingZekrom333

KingZekrom333 Grrr... HUNGRY!!!

I think they shouldn't have replaced brock because his flirtatious attitude with nurse joy is what made the anime so funnie.cilan is to much of a stiff.

9. KingZekrom333

KingZekrom333 Grrr... HUNGRY!!!

but dont you think cilan is a poor choice to be ashes partner?besides,Brock has been with ash since generation1 of the anime.

and never ever EVER insult my oshawott who just so happens to have grown into a mature level 83 samurott whom i have made the general of my pokemon army.

10. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

Predictable answers are predictable ;D

Nope~

Exactly. And now he actually gets a respectable job like a normal person should. Aren't you proud for him? (honestly I am ^^; )

..........................................Dento never insulted your Oshawott...only Ash's. My Samurott is level 86 XP

11. Nightfall_

Nightfall_ Gamer Extrodinare

Oh great. Newbie Surprise!

Well, how in Arceuses name did I ever Insult YOUR Oshawott? Did you CLAIM it or something? But he IS a Love Failure, no question about it.

I believe Cilan is a brilliant choice, and we have already bumped out Brock in Hoenn. So its basically the cycle over again. *Shot*

AND he gets respectable job as a Doctor (Brock joys, yay!) so, I guess he deserves it.