• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to see Brock handle a Starter again?

Grei

not the color
I think it would have been interesting if May got two starters in Hoenn.

Torchic would have been her starter but she could have captured Mudkip later on.

If she had Mudkip she wouldn't have gotten Squirtle either, and she could have done more with it.

I doubt she would've gotten Mudkip, though. Mudkip don't seem to like her, since they always spray her in the face. :\

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I doubt she would've gotten Mudkip, though. Mudkip don't seem to like her, since they always spray her in the face. :\

I think that would have made things funny. It would have been a great running gag to see her sprayed in the face everytime she let Mudkip out of its ball.

Also, it wasn't just in the first episode that Mudkip sprayed her. In the episode where Brock captures Mudkip, one of the other Mudkip in that ep sprays May in the face too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
No, I don't want Brock to handle a starter because I don't want Brock to be on the show at all. He's too boring and his pokemon rot in their pokeballs. Do you really want that to happen to another starter?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
You see, it's a little known fact about me, but I like Marshtomp.

Get out of here, you serious?!?

I really don't see the point of giving a starter to Brock. It will just get shafted like all of Brock's Pokemon.

I never liekd Mudkipz to begin with, but I still thought that was an unfair balance of screentime for Mudkip. Hopefully, something like this won't happen again.

neptune_84

It's go time!
i want marshtomp to come back and for him to get him to the final stage cos i think brock would be awsome with a swampert.

scizor master

Put scizor on these!
i want marshtomp to come back and for him to get him to the final stage cos i think brock would be awsome with a swampert.

Yup i agree it could be his only pokemon for the (insert region) battle frontier and i think it would be awesome if one of the battles had to be doubles and it evolve and only because of that they won, although that sounds cheap and unlikely.

THUNDER!!!

<So Many Stickers!
I could definently imagine Brock having a Swampert.It is also Ground type too.
and Ground types are almost identical to Rock types...so i think that brock
would be just fine with Swampert.;026;;492-s;;136;

milenadrg

Guahh, I don't see Swampert for a long, and I forgot about his types...
There are sooo many Pokemon, can't remember them all...
Maby he will get Swampert later...

JaimeGreenan

I wish Brock would have got Torterra in DP but wasn't to be.
With Swampert they were just showcasing the Mudkip/Marshtomp line
(didn't go all the way to Swampert but still...)

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I love Brock, and he's my favorite character and all, but after the epic shafting Marshtomp got handed in AG...no, just no. :(

DarkDragonite.

They wasted poor mudkip on Brock who never used it for anything useful. And when we finally got an opportunity to see a powerful swampert in action it gets KO'd by a corphish. I never want to see a starter wasted on Brock ever again.

PDL

disenchanted
This isn't a thread about Brock's tenure on the show and how he should leave.

Anyway. It seems that Brock is best to showcase a single Pokémon, while the other two are used as "background" characters.

In Hoenn, the mistake was that the one "star" of Brock's team was Lotad. While Mudkip and Foretress were regulated as background characters. Lotad basically "stole" the showcasing that could have went to Mudkip. It wasn't until Brock left Ludicolo at home that Mudkip (and to a lesser extent, Foretress) got some decent screentime. At least, until Bonsly showed up.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
In Hoenn, the mistake was that the one "star" of Brock's team was Lotad. While Mudkip and Foretress were regulated as background characters. Lotad basically "stole" the showcasing that could have went to Mudkip. It wasn't until Brock left Ludicolo at home that Mudkip (and to a lesser extent, Foretress) got some decent screentime. At least, until Bonsly showed up.

Heck, I don't care, since lotad was one of my favourite Hoenn pokemon. Though I do agree the mudkip line got it bad.

I almost have a feeling it wasn't Brock's owning it alone which got mudkip the shaft. Looking at the three evolved pokemon, I notice that sceptile and blaziken are lean, mean, fighting machines, while swampert is a little chubby. Swampert's being ignored might well have to do with its looking more like some sort of water monster than a "cool" fighter type creature, as sceptile and blaziken were. Not only that, but swampert got a quad weakness, meaning it could easily be thwarted by anyone wielding a grass pokemon.

Not to say Brock's owning it, and lotad's foreshadowing it had nothing to do with its being ignored.

But I still think Brock might have done better if he were given a chance with a less shaftable starter. I mean, turtwig doesn't seem the type to be ignored. Maybe being Brock's pokemon might change what people think about it, but then again, mudkip is the last pokemon on the starter list. Turtwig's first. And Brock's owning turtwig might give it a better chance to fully evolve, as it could replace onix. Ash likes little, nimble critters, which torterra certainly isn't.

Though I guess lording it over smaller pokemon, all the time being doomed to go the way of raichu and be felled by a little critter is better than being all big and intimidating only to never be seen fighting. Still, torterra's fate is incredibly, painfully predictable.

Chimchar would be wasted potential on Brock, and piplup would just be bizarre.

Araleon

Chill
Well, I don't know if I'd want him to handle a starter again, it depends on what the 5th Gen one are, and if Brock is still in the group.

But, I could've seen Brock with Torterra, and Ash only having Infernape. Plus we could potentially have seen Abomasnow.