• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you want to see Brock handle a Starter again?

Red Jr.

Banned
He doesn't need a starter. Just give the female companion 1 and Ash 2. Or maybe 1 for Ash,1 for his rival and 1 for the female. Giving Brock a Marshtomp was a waste.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Another question I have: Would you like to see another mono-type trainer? I think that would be interesting to see, and they could get the chance to do it right.

That'd get boring fast.

One of the reasons I never cared for Misty's team much was they were all water types, and most of them like Goldeen, Staryu and Corsola had no personality whatsoever. Its like Psyduck was her only Pokemon with a strong and funny personality.

Brock's also broke free of the rock typing, so I have no desire to see him go back to that.

Ancax

All good points. I was just thinking they could do it right another time around, which would be a challenge, and the writers don't often handle challenges well.

PDL

disenchanted
Brock's also broke free of the rock typing, so I have no desire to see him go back to that.

In fact, part of his goal as a breeder is to get experience on how to raise various Pokémon, all with different needs. Thus, he's able to receive anything and not follow a particular formula.

Unlike Ash, Dawn and Team Rocket.

pokemon fan 132

That'd get boring fast.

One of the reasons I never cared for Misty's team much was they were all water types, and most of them like Goldeen, Staryu and Corsola had no personality whatsoever. Its like Psyduck was her only Pokemon with a strong and funny personality.

Dont you think your being too critic?Psyduck wasnt the only Mistys pokemon who had personality.Politoed for example could be described as cheerful and quite a bit funny pokemon too.Also Staryu or Starmie arent valid examples to bring as pokemon without personalities.

Honestly i always liked Mistys pokemon and never found them boring.Like i said before there is nothing wrong with someone having only one type of pokemon.He could be interesting with even only one type if writers handle them properly.

Anyway for the topic,whether Brock should have another starter or not it depends.If writers this time handle new starter pokemon properly giving him enough screentime and likeable personality than sure why not.However if his new starter ends up like Mudkip than frankly he is better without any.Personally i would like that Brock gets some new rock type but thats just me.

Last edited:

shac

Till now I have been reading the thread title to be, " Do you want to see Brock handle a Stantler again?" And I thought what a waste of a topic to talk about!...I am so silly sometimes.
About Brock getting a starter, I think it depends on how the starter is. I hate when they give Ash all the starters and fill up his roster. With Pikachu and the bird and the three starters, only one spot remains. And sometimes I wish Ash would have caught varieties, not the same grass/fire/water pokemon all the time. And even if its the three types, sometimes I want it to be some other Pokemon than the starters. Like in this saga for example-I was so happy that it was a Buizel instead of piplup.So yeah, I would like Brock to get one of the starters instead of Ash getting them all the time.
Though it was sad how they handled mudkip. Swampert was such a cool pokemon and would have been great in Ash's team. Corpish was great, but it could never evolve since crawdaunt is part dark type.

milenadrg

I had a theory(of course before he released him): Paul will release Chimchar, but he will go to Brock. It hapends simmilar, but Chimchar is at Ash's team...

shac

I had a theory(of course before he released him): Paul will release Chimchar, but he will go to Brock. It hapends simmilar, but Chimchar is at Ash's team...

No complains there......there's hardly any fire pokemon in Sinnoh besides chimmy. There's only Heatran, of whom, even I dare not let Ash capture it in my dreams!