• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you wants Ash to catch Mewtwo from movie 1 in the remaining episodes?

What do you guys think?

• Yes

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 87.8%

• Total voters

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
That team will also do vs mewtwo it is still to think what can happen which team will be suitable for a battle against mewtwo

Cyclone

^ where it all began
You would logically figure that the "Red" character (in this case Ash) catching Mewtwo would be the ultimate culmination of the character's journey since it is based on Red & Green versions, in which catching Mewtwo is arguably the most climactic moment, moreso than beating champion Blue, but in this case they never "set up" the dramatic tension that Ash wanted to, or is destined to catch Mewtwo. If it had been mentioned in the way that Goh is striving to catch Mew, then yes it would be a natural and somewhat expected outcome. I remember being a kid in the 90s anticipating the first Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo and every single one of my peers and I expected Ash to catch Mewtwo in it. It definitely is something that you would naturally expect if you assume the anime would more closely emulate the lore of the games, but the anime really is its own universe with different expectations and rules, and didn't entertain the notion that human trainers could capture legendary Pokemon in pokeballs until the Battle Frontier episodes I believe? On the other hand, I think that Ash catching the Ho-Oh he saw on the first day of his journey would make tons of sense, and be a very poetic ending for his arc. (Plus when he returns in future episodes he could appear riding on a Ho-Oh.... :D)

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
What a beautiful ratio

*chew*

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
It's weird to imagine any box or main legendary being caught in general. It just doesn't fit how deified they are to be a standard trainer or whatever battling with them.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's weird to imagine any box or main legendary being caught in general. It just doesn't fit how deified they are to be a standard trainer or whatever battling with them.
doesnt really apply to the main/box legendary since Gen 7 :d

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I kinda almost forget about Sogileo somtimes, which I guess kinda proves your point
well it definitely doesn't apply to Koraidon and Miradon at least.

Kein

AKA Silktree
If Ash lets Mewtwo roam, okay. But then what's the point?

I want Giovanni to catch Mewtwo (which didn't happen originally) so that Ash defeats and saves Mewtwo with TRio's help. Yes, it would be similar to Mewtwo Returns, but this time a battle would be involved and Team Rocket would finally be disbanded.

World Turtle

Well lets ask ourselves which Kanto Legendary did Ash bond with? He basically helped Metwo with his existential crisis and restored his faith in life and humanity.

Guy100

Red did catch Mewtwo in the final episode of Pokemon Origins. Although, Ash's chances of getting Mewtwo are slim, the possibility is feasible, only happening if Mewtwo himself allows it, just for curiosity to know what its like to share a partnership with a Pokemon trainer.