• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you watch it, play it, or both!

Do you...

• I watch Pokémon!

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I play Pokémon!

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • I watch AND play Pokémon!

Votes: 25 43.9%

• Total voters
Do you...

• Only play Pokémon!
  • Only watch Pokémon!
  • Watch AND play Pokémon!

Discuss why!

Last edited:
I watch and play. Pokemon Advance is actually playing the episodes that go with ORAS. It's a real treat to do booth :)

I only watch Pokémon. I banned myself from playing the game because I ended spending to much time on it.

I had a level 52 Venasuar in pallet town. I sucked at the game, but I was hooked, man.

Flamer

I just play it, and now a days only the main series games. Used to watch the anime as a kid, but kind of 'outgrew' it. Also used to play the TCG, but stopped that around the same time I stopped watching the anime.

I mostly just play the games. I watch an episode or two here and there, sure, but not as much as I used to. I have days when I just want to re-watch the older episodes or a movie here and there, so I guess that also counts as watching it since I usually do it when I feel like it.

I guess it's both for me.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I play the games since they air the anime on cartoon network which I don't have on my TV but I watch the movies.

I mostly just play the games. I watch an episode or two here and there, sure, but not as much as I used to. I have days when I just want to re-watch the older episodes or a movie here and there, so I guess that also counts as watching it since I usually do it when I feel like it.

I guess it's both for me.

This, basically.

Though, for me it's because I don't really like the anime anymore. Sometimes I'll watch an episode and post in the anime forum, but it's not often. I've long since gotten to the point where I stopped caring about the show. I enjoy the games though.

I do both.

I've been able to keep up with the show since I started watching it online.

Play it, I stopped caring about the anime after Ash got his Jet badge, but I've been keeping up with what's been going on through my sister who still cares about it.

hitrho5

I put a lot of time into the games, and I used to watch the anime, but I don't like the pacing, so I just watch episodes with significant events like evolutions, gym battles, and Pokemon League battles after they've been put online.

Sorry. Should of included the manga too :S

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Actually I watch, play, and read the Manga. Mainly because I love Pokemon that much and I really like what Pokemon has to offer no matter what it is.

Kalosian

So long
I just play the games. Used to watch the Anime when I was younger but stopped watching it for various reasons. I don't believe the Anime is bad, I just don't have any interest in it nowadays. As for the Pokemon Mangas, I have not read any of them but I have considered giving some of them a try to see how good they are.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I do both, in fact I watch the Pokémon anime every week.

I'm just glad that Ash isn't an idiot anymore. He sure has become smarter in X/Y. In fact I can't remember the last time he's done something incredibly stupid.

As for the games, well, I love how you can battle Pokémon in so many different ways.

But there are two aspects of Pokémon I don't care for at all.

I hate the Pokémon TCG game as I need so many darn cards to play properly. And honestly that's not my idea of fun. I do enjoy however card games of regular cards. Like go fish. That's some of my favorites. (I'm referring to with regular cards, not special fish cards.)

As for Pokémon toys, well, I feel I have overgrown those. Not saying that people who do like collecting toys are immature or anything, but yeah I don't like toys that much.

As for the mangas, they are hardcore and dark I will admit that. But I can't get into them since they're in black and white. I mean come on, why can't it be in color? It's a minor problem, but the fact is I'd be reading the mangas much more if it wasn't for that.

Last edited:

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I watch and play though I haven't played as much since ORAS came out. Anime I try to keep up w because I have a bad habit of slipping and then I end up having to marathon. Its not bad but considering I try to keep up w other anime when it debuts I should put that much work into pokemon. Now the only question is which pokemon game do i want to replay