• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you watch it, play it, or both!

Do you...

• I watch Pokémon!

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I play Pokémon!

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • I watch AND play Pokémon!

Votes: 25 43.9%

• Total voters

Britters

Dobby's Sock
I only play the games now. Used to watched the anime until like Battle Frontier ended and I was like 12 or so. Started getting boring for me and I guess I outgrew it. I know it's a kid show, but with the material it's based on it has much more potential I think. People's fanfictions about pokemon are better.

If they made the anime more like the manga, with a different main character each season and different stories, and also characters that don't have completely cookie-cutter personalities, that would be nice. Though I do have some of the manga I couldn't get into it. Maybe I could give it another try sometime but idk. Also, other animes and mangas are better than both.

I play the games whenever they come out. I really liked Black and White, played through X and Y (I'm about to replay it again to get a second feel for it), but only got halfway through ORAS. I should finish it sometime though. It was my childhood favorite but even with the mega evolutions and such you can still feel this game's age since it's a remake. I think I played through the originals so much that I can't get into it...

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I only play the games. The show on the other hand, not paying attention to it in years.

Psychic

Really and truly
I've been playing since Yellow! I only stopped during gen 3-4 due to not owning a console I could play on. I watched the show as a kid, but stopped around Hoenn for many reasons. Sometimes I'll watch the movies and spinoffs like Origins, though.

~Psychic

Hmm, it still seems like I'm the only one who only watches the anime :p

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I do both.

Recently started watching the anime again, I was on and off in Black and White even though I adore the BW games.

I play mostly the main core games and few spin-offs.

Ascended Dialga

I mostly just play the games. I watch the anime from time to time if I'm in the mood for something different

Creyk

I only play the games. Iris made me hate the anime with her horrible personality so I couldn't watch it. After I stopped, I never got back into it

Aquarelle

Staff member
Both, though I spend more time with the games. I enjoy the whole process of playing through each game, exploring the region, battling, raising Pokemon, etc. The games are one of my main hobbies.
I'm not as invested in the anime, but I still find it enjoyable most of the time and I *usually* like seeing the episodes with Gym Leaders and other game characters.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I still watch the show, even though I lost track of it after Johto due to moving all around the channels, no cable tv and it was on in a time before anyone ever heard of streaming or downloading shows. I do play the games too, I see the anime then go back to my games to catch my own versions of those Pokemon I saw. Yeah still sounds childish for a 32 year old but meh...who's gonna stop me eh?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Both. Have since Red and the original series, always will

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I used to do both but now I only play the games because I feel like I had grown out of watching the anime. I also played a bit of TCG.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Recently, I've been playing, collecting and reading! :p Pokemon Black Manga ftw!

While I'd love to watch the Best Wishes anime, my crud internet speed won't allow it. >:I

Ditto B1tch

I did both for a very short period of time. I used more to play the game than watching.

Nowadays I do none, though. There should be a "None" option.

Last edited: