• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you wish the Sevii Islands were included?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It would be nice to have it but add some challenges there, like Hoenn Battle Frontier facilities or maybe some morę gym leaders (like a Bug, Flying, Normal, Dark, Fairy, Steel and maybe second Water type ones) as well as add all cross-evos for Kanto Pokemon.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Sevii Islands were a pleasant surprise in LeafGreen/FireRed... Yes it would have been awesome to at least have one, two, and three isle since the other 4 contain Johto region Pokemon and those aren't in the game. I pray for an update on these games. I feel like they were just there for the Pokemon Go player to get a Switch and get the game, nothing more.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
It sort of depends. Would the Sevii Islands get major updates and improvements? Because a few of the side quests were rather long and tedious than they should have been and some areas are actually bland and forgettable particularly Altering Cave and the Dotted Hole. The Berry Forest is also boring and the only reason anyone would return to it is to get the respawning Berries. Icefall Cave was interesting visually but it is a bit dull in terms of gameplay on the upper levels. The bottom level with the water and ice floor is the only thing that makes the cave worth revisiting.

Nyter

Island Challenger
It sort of depends. Would the Sevii Islands get major updates and improvements? Because a few of the side quests were rather long and tedious than they should have been and some areas are actually bland and forgettable particularly Altering Cave and the Dotted Hole. The Berry Forest is also boring and the only reason anyone would return to it is to get the respawning Berries. Icefall Cave was interesting visually but it is a bit dull in terms of gameplay on the upper levels. The bottom level with the water and ice floor is the only thing that makes the cave worth revisiting.
For them to be unforgettable, you have vivid memories of them. But yes they would have to be updated as you said.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
For them to be unforgettable, you have vivid memories of them. But yes they would have to be updated as you said.
Not really. I barely remember the names of the locations and actually had to look up the names on the main site so I would not be saying stuff like “That weird empty Cave that was in some ruins or something.”

TwilightBlade

Um well that would've been a nice feature for these games to expand the setting beyond just Kanto but if I'm being honest I don't think it would've been a big selling point for me? As much as I like the Sevii Islands I won't take it for granted that they'd make me like these games more. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
It would've been a nice addition to make the games more interesting to me given that the Kanto region by itself is the most monotonous Pokemon region from my perspective. Having an extra set of islands to explore would've been highly appreciated.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Yes, I do, and the lack of them is one of the reasons why I didn't like the Let's Go games. Then again, since there are no Johto Pokemon in the games, they would probably have been pointless anyway despite having some pretty beautiful locations, especially in 3D.
I feel that some of the rare spawnable Pokemon that were in the Safari Zone in Red/Blue could have been placed in the Sevii Islands instead like Chansey, Pinson, Scyther... and even Moltres like it was done in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I feel that some of the rare spawnable Pokemon that were in the Safari Zone in Red/Blue could have been placed in the Sevii Islands instead like Chansey, Pinson, Scyther... and even Moltres like it was done in FireRed/LeafGreen.

It'd take a lot more than that to fill up the Sevii Islands, they're pretty much an entire second region, you can fit over 100 new Pokemon there (which even FRLG didn't do well). So yeah, the Sevii Islands are pointless if there's nothing but the first 151. They really shouldn't have restricted you to just the original 151 in the first place because that's too little in both quantity and variety (even with the Alola forms), but if they're going to stick with it, the Sevii Islands isn't the kind of post game content the game needed.

Pokemon Power

They could always add them in through an Expansion Pass. I know it's been nearly three years, but hey, if Animal Crossing New Leaf could add DLC content years after its launch, then I don't see why not.

I swear the Sevii islands were included in FRLG in the first place because they were going to do Johto and then ran out of time. Or did I dream that?

*checks*

can't see anything probably just a five year old fever dream

Let's Go was actually my first full playthrough of Gen 1 so I would have loved them, agreed.

PoDiRancher

If they were shooting for a pure remake then I'd understand their exclusion, but since they made many changes anyway I feel like it was just lazy not to include it.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
It would be nice to have it but add some challenges there, like Hoenn Battle Frontier facilities or maybe some morę gym leaders (like a Bug, Flying, Normal, Dark, Fairy, Steel and maybe second Water type ones) as well as add all cross-evos for Kanto Pokemon.
I have created my idea Gym Leaders for a Sevii Island DLC. For now without cross-evos (though it can easily be updated to have those).
I see fighting those before having the Red battle.
der7qj0-ab068fce-e93f-4df7-87bc-474565045e7b.jpg

Pokemon Power

For those of you who still doubt that they could add the Sevii Islands to Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee due to the fact that they released back in 2018, Nintendo just announced that they're adding DLC to another game that's been out for nearly five years at this point.

For those of you who still doubt that they could add the Sevii Islands to Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee due to the fact that they released back in 2018, Nintendo just announced that they're adding DLC to another game that's been out for nearly five years at this point.
Omg that would be so Amaze ballz!!!!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I mean, theoretically Nintendo could release DLC for this game but it’s so unlikely that we might as well say it is not happening. For one, there have been three entries to the series since the release of these games (SwSh, BDSP, LA). Two, the game that came after already has had two DLC releases while the other two that followed are rumored to be receiving DLC of their very own. Three, there have been no patches to the game in almost three years which signals they have moved on. And four, the Let’s Go games are not part of the current generation of games with GF focusing on SwSh, BDSP and LA at this time. Let’s leave these games in the past where they belong.