• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do your friends know you like pokemon?

• Total voters

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Do they still like you?
Do they like pokemon too?
Please reply.

Last edited:

yappy25

IM LEAVING
friends

if my friends knew i played pokemon i would be considered the nerdiest kid in school : ( i really wish people didnt care what you played, just what u were like, some people can be real jerks

i go to 2 schools 1 during the day and one that my dad teaches at afterschool, the kids at the school during the day dont know squat about the addiction, but the kids at my dads school all play :)

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

mew801

haha yea they do but they dont really care lol. they just think im a bit weird!! lol

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Most of my friends don't know I like it, but me and my cousin have played it chronically sense we were kids and we still play when we are together.

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
I think I've told a few of them. They think it's stupid, but diffrent strokes for diffrent folks, I guess.

Pokemon is considered cool and retro at my school, btw

WestCoastNinja

Killer Shark
It's rediculous to be so self concious you hid the kinds of video games you play. Of course my friends know.

No its not. If the biggest jerk ever walks up and asks you if you like pokemon then you better say no. If you say yes then he's gonna have a wonderfull time teasing the **** out of you. =/ We're all taught to not care about what others think of us but that wont make the teasing any less irritating.

For me I almost never share the things I enjoy with others. Whether its my taste in tv, music, or games I keep it secret. Only if its embarrasing of course. ;)

I lost all my freinds a long time ago though so this question dosent really apply to me. :O

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No its not. If the biggest jerk ever walks up and asks you if you like pokemon then you better say no. If you say yes then he's gonna have a wonderfull time teasing the **** out of you. =/ We're all taught to not care about what others think of us but that wont make the teasing any less irritating.

For me I almost never share the things I enjoy with others. Whether its my taste in tv, music, or games I keep it secret. Only if its embarrasing of course. ;)

I lost all my freinds a long time ago though so this question dosent really apply to me. :O

If the biggest jerk came up to me and asked if I liked POkemon I'd tell him I did, and I played it a lot... I easily ignore insults thrown at me, I am open about everything I do, whether it could be embarrassing to some or not, I rarely get embarrassed, and if I do, it' not because of what activities I partake in.

Profesco

gone gently
WestCoastNinja said:
No its not.

Yes it is. It's ridiculous that anyone, even a big jerk, could force you into some sort of cramped-up social cubicle of standard mainstream reputation-mongering. Unless you let them, of course. Don't let them.

In any case, everyone who knows me knows I am crazy about Pokemon. In fact, you can tell just by looking at me most of the time. And not one single person, even the meanest of mean people I've met, has ever said one adverse thing about it. It's up to you to not let people think it's something to be ashamed of. If you treat it like a problem, other people are going to do so too.

yes everyone knows i like pokemon and they dont really care. to be honest i wouldnt care if they were ok with it or not its only a video game so falling out with someone for it is abit daft. there are worse things you can find out about someone than they play pokemon.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Why would you let yourself be bullied like that? Besides, if he's teasing you that much for something like that, chances are he's a closet fan too and refuses to admit it (for whatever reason, there's really no reason to hide something like what shows/games you like)

Anyway, yes, all my friends know. How do you think I *met* most of them?

stu770

Soul Trainer
My friends know that I like Pokemon and to them it doesnt amke one bit of difference, which is the way that it should be.
In fact one friend finding out that I like Pokemon has bought us closer together as tehy also like Pokemon.