• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Docked Handheld or Both

How do you plan to play the game

• Total voters

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I recently got a Switch Lite since I prefer handheld gaming. Also, based on what I've seen, it feels that SWSH is better suited for handheld.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I recently got a Switch Lite since I prefer handheld gaming. Also, based on what I've seen, it feels that SWSH is better suited for handheld.
Pro Controller: Oh? Your approaching me? Instead of hiding on shelves, you're coming right to me?
Switch Lite: I can't beat the home consoles without coming closer.
Pro Controller: Oh ho! Then come as close as you like.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'll be doing both. For going through the main game, I'll be using both docked and handheld depending on whether or not I am close to the dock. For online components, it's docked all the way, due to a combination of me being able to record only when docked, but also because the Switch's wired connection is much faster and more stable than wireless.

The only game I play online in wireless is Tetris 99; it's the only one where I'm not terribly lagging or getting disconnected.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Handheld as I've recently got a Switch Lite.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Handheld. I prefer it that way.

Cactusauce

Both, but mainly handheld :) I prefer handheld as I can play while still spending time with my family but I'll use it docked occasionally when my Switch needs charging :p

But I may swap over to a Switch Lite at some point, I got to try the demo at the pop-up shop on a Lite and it just felt so much more comfortable to hold and my brother wants a Switch so I'd probably sell mine to him at the value of a Switch Lite, but I don't know if I can give up the home console side with the regular Switch...

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I've played Let's Go in handheld only, primarily because I'd heard of the messups that come from the motion controls and wanted to make things easier on myself. With traditional "pro controller" compatibility in Sword and Shield, I'm looking forward to experiencing Pokemon both on the go and on the big screen :)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I've played Let's Go in handheld only, primarily because I'd heard of the messups that come from the motion controls and wanted to make things easier on myself. With traditional "pro controller" compatibility in Sword and Shield, I'm looking forward to experiencing Pokemon both on the go and on the big screen :)
Why not connect the two joycons?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Handheld naturally, as I will be using a Switch Lite. However, my relative will be getting a regular Switch by Christmas and she will be seeking to play in docked mode whenever possible.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I have the new Zacian-Zamazenta Switch Lite coming my way, so I'll be playing in handheld mode.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual