• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doctor Who anyone?

Pansy :]

anustart
So, for those of you that love the classic TV show, that was brought back in 2005, disscuss previous seasons, or the upcoming season six here. If you have any spoilers regarding season six, please mark the with the spoiler tag as some people want to be suprised.
After an hour of extensive searching, here's all of the confirmed information i have found:
Matt Smith (the eleventh doctor) Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) and Aurthur Darvill (Rory Williams) will all return for season six

Alex Kingston will return for her role of River Song and reveal her true identity to the doctor.

The unanswerred questions of season five (ie. the silence, the cracks and the mysterious force that took over the TARDIS) will all be explained

James Corden will return to play Craig Owens in a sequel to the season five episode The Lodger (Ya know, where the doctor pretends to be human... and plays soccer) Gareth Roberts will write this episode.

Season six will be split into two parts, one starting in Spring 2011 and being picked up in Fall 2011. The last episode in the Spring will be episode seven, called Demons Run (am I the only one upset about this?)

There are currently no plans to bring back any past doctors.

The following monsters have been confirmed to have roles:

The Silence
The Nazi's will make an appearence
At least one Ood will appear
Sontarans
Cybermen
Pirates (Aaaarrrgh!)
Monks will appear in episode seven
Dorium will re-appear (the blue fatty in The Pandorica Opens who sold River the vortex manipulator)
Life-Size dolls in episode nine (oh joy)

For the first time in the history of Doctor Who, the season will begin with a two part episode.

And here are some rumors I came across:

Matt Smith will leave at the end of the 2011 season (we get rumors like this each year, so I doubt it)

Amy will be killed during episode eight (again, doubt it)

River Song will die (this made me laugh, as we saw her death in seas
on four, so I highly highly doubt it)

The Celestial Toymaker will return

The 'old' or non-rainbow daleks will return (steven moffat says that the chances of seeing any daleks at all is highly unlikely, but if we do, they will be the old ones)

We will see more of the inside of the TARDIS

We will see River Song as a young child.

The Doctor will meet a President of the U.S.A.

Skaro will be re-visitted (pretty pretty please?!?!?!?)

One episode will feature a "Future Doctor"

There will be an episode set in a doll house

There will be an episode set in Egypt

There will be an episode set in an Ice Base

The Mara will return

The TARDIS will be cloned

There will be an Easter Special

We will find out who River Song killed.

Amy and Rory will leave the TARDIS when Amy becomes pregnant

The end of episode seven will be a reminisent of Star Wars Episode V

GaZsTiC

Alternating
just no!! lol

You maturity levels are second-to-none.

Anyway, I'm excited. I'm not particularly a Doctor Who fanboy, but there's just something about it that is special.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
You guys remember that weeping angels episode? On of my favorite episode of all time.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Totally looking for the return of the Doctor Who series so I can watch Karen Gillian in action some more.

Have they got a Tentative date yet besides just "Spring 2011"?

Also, there was a fan club here for a bit but the leader left and it's been dead for a bit now. :/

Pansy :]

anustart
I couldn't find a tentative date, some said early april though, and they probably meant british, and BBCAmerica is normally 2-4 weeks behind, so my best bet is early april for England, and late april for America.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Totally looking for the return of the Doctor Who series so I can watch Karen Gillian in action some more.

Have they got a Tentative date yet besides just "Spring 2011"?

Also, there was a fan club here for a bit but the leader left and it's been dead for a bit now. :/

Are they still gonna air it on SyFy?

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Are they still gonna air it on SyFy?
No, Syfy completely dropped Doctor Who in favour of some stupid show where idiots shake the camera and say they saw a ghost.

The only current station I know that has picked up the series (and does continuous re-runs daily) is BBC America.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
No, Syfy completely dropped Doctor Who in favour of some stupid show where idiots shake the camera and say they saw a ghost.

The only current station I know that has picked up the series (and does continuous re-runs daily) is BBC America.

Ahhh poo, I don't get BBC America. But it also comes as a little of a relief, I only saw small clips of Smith as the new Doctor and he's not as good as Tennant. But thats just me being judgmental.

Aquarelle

Staff member

Here in Canada, Space airs Doctor Who at least five days a week I believe. I don't know if the US gets this channel, though, so this may not be that helpful. :/

My mom watches the show nearly every day. She's been a fan of it forever, ever since the original classic show aired. I think she will be very interested in knowing about those spoilers the OP posted! ^_^

I myself don't know a whole lot about the show. But, I think the theme song is awesome. :D

Nebbio

NINJA!
I can't wait for season 6. I am a hardcore fan because I have a calender.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I also can't wait for Doctor Who :D! The series opens with a two-parter, which will be absolutely epic. I heard a rumour that River Song is actually Amy Pond. Or is Rose Tyler. Or is Amy and Rory's baby. I don't know which one is the worst -.-

Best bonus though - Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are both on my telly every week ;D

Bowties are cool, guys. And fezzes.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Matt Smith is a better Doctor than David Tennant. Yeah I said it. /opinion.

Also Karen Gillans legs make me believe there might well be a god after all.

I think it's fairly obvious that the Doctor will meet the President seeing as in the most recent trailer he's seen in the White House.

Fun fact- I believe the 'Silence' we heard so much about has actually been revealed to be the 'Silents'-a species. That may be the monster at the end of the trailer.

I also can't wait for Doctor Who :D! The series opens with a two-parter, which will be absolutely epic. I heard a rumour that River Song is actually Amy Pond. Or is Rose Tyler. Or is Amy and Rory's baby. I don't know which one is the worst -.-

Best bonus though - Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are both on my telly every week ;D

Bowties are cool, guys. And fezzes.

And, now, stetsons.

indigohex

Sad news back in February, Nicholas Courtney died aged 81. He is best remembered for playing Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart during the Jon Pertwee era. You can view the article here: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/02/vale-nicholas-courtney.html.

This year with Doctor Who, they are dividing it up into two halves, with one half in spring and the other half in autumn (in the northern hemisphere, which means autumn and spring here in Australia), and this is not uncommon now as seasons are divided into two. I hope that ABC1 did what they did last season and air it a few weeks after airing in the UK. By the way, ABC1 is airing repeats of Season 5 on Sunday afternoons at 5:30pm.

I am looking forward to Series 6, especially what would happen mid-season.

Last edited:

abraxas

Words.
Ah, how I've missed The Doctor. lol I'm not the biggest fan of the 11th Doctor, well Matt Smith, more so than the actually character, but I still enjoy the show. Not Fond of Amy, either, for that matter.
Watched since Christopher Eccleston had the roll of the 9th Doctor, and enjoyed him, but I really became a fan with David Tennant as the 10th. I even enjoyed Paul McGann as the (short lived, one time, movie) 8th Doctor. So, by this point, I'm pretty hooked, but it's going to have to really kick it up a notch in this upcoming season if it want's to keep me hooked, though, from the teaser trailer, it looks as if it'll do just that. =)

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
It took LONG enough!

The confirmed date is now Saturday April 23, with little over a month to wait for Season 6 premiere on BBC America!

cantab

The first two episodes of this season were scary as ****. I think the...

Sorry? Doctor Who? I haven't seen it recently.