• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doctor Who games on the Wii and DS!?

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
According to the Sun, BBC Worldwide has inked a reportedly £10 million contract with Nintendo to develop a Doctor Who game for the Wii and DS consoles.

The game, still in the early stages, is said to feature Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor as well as key adversaries such as the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Silurians.

A BBC insider reportedly told the Sun, "This has been in the pipeline for years. We're delighted to have finally nailed down a deal. We went with Nintendo as they have huge appeal for families and Doctor Who is very much a family brand. The Wii console is key for us as it's something families play together."

SAUCE

Can it be true? Will it be any good? Let's discuss.

EDIT: You know you people are still going to watch the show even though David Tennant's out, stop acting like crybabies. Also, just because it's based off a TV show doesn't instantly make this crap. Remember Darkwing Duck for the NES?

Last edited:

pkmnhippy

Banned
Decades of crap games based on television and movie licenses say "hahaha, good luck with that."

According to the Sun, BBC Worldwide has inked a reportedly £10 million contract with Nintendo to develop a Doctor Who game for the Wii and DS consoles.

The game, still in the early stages, is said to feature Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor as well as key adversaries such as the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Silurians.

A BBC insider reportedly told the Sun, "This has been in the pipeline for years. We're delighted to have finally nailed down a deal. We went with Nintendo as they have huge appeal for families and Doctor Who is very much a family brand. The Wii console is key for us as it's something families play together."

Will it be any good?

No .

Slick

Banned
:( Wii...

Let it be known as of now that I am eagerly looking forward to seeing Matt Smith as the Doctor, but use David Tennant. ;-;

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Decades of crap games based on television and movie licenses say "hahaha, good luck with that."

Well, it is being developed by Nintendo... So there's that.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well, it is being developed by Nintendo... So there's that.
And there's the chance the info is complete bullocks, they will outsource it and they will just publish a crap game. Or they pull a miracle outta their asses and make a great game based on a TV show. Or then again, its the sun.

Surfing_Pikachu

Maetch

Making a Doctor Who game that doesn't suck is a pretty tall order. I mean, the Doc's a known pacifist (assuming we're thinking of Tennant's Doctor), so an action game's out of the question. If anything, it would be better designed as a point-and-click game (think Phoenix Wright or the Strong Bad games). Also, limiting Sonic Screwdriver use would be important to avoid easy-escape puzzles.

Of course, a chance to blow a Dalek to pixels sounds interesting. EXTERMINATE THIS! (bang!)

PS: In regards to the Darkwing Duck comment in the first post, it was really a Mega Man game that got a Disney paint-dob. Even the game engine was based on Mega Man 5 for the NES. Not that it wasn't good (it was actually great), but it wasn't unique, either.

BCVM22

The Sun? As in the Maryland newspaper? Coolness.

The article is quoting the BBC and reporting on a decidedly British franchise. Ask yourself if it really makes sense that a newspaper from Maryland would be running this story, or if maybe, just maybe, there's a UK-based publication with the same name.

Surfing_Pikachu

The article is quoting the BBC and reporting on a decidedly British franchise. Ask yourself if it really makes sense that a newspaper from Maryland would be running this story, or if maybe, just maybe, there's a UK-based publication with the same name.
I was mostly just throwing that out there for somebody to correct me so I could get the real answer, but I suppose that works too...

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
PS: In regards to the Darkwing Duck comment in the first post, it was really a Mega Man game that got a Disney paint-dob. Even the game engine was based on Mega Man 5 for the NES. Not that it wasn't good (it was actually great), but it wasn't unique, either.

Yeah, I know it is just Mega Man, but because Capcom, a good developer, did the game, it was good. Likewise, if it's true that Ninty is doing this game, then it might be worth a look. The reason most licensed games are **** is because movie and TV companies give the rights to **** developers, which everyone in this thread does not get.

Dattebayo

Banned
My former friend in real life is a huge fan of Doctor Who. If he hears about this, I'm sure he'll buy it and give it a high score for the sake of being a fanboy regardless if the game turns out bad.

Waldorf

ungrateful
A Dr. Who game could be very interesting. If it's focused on adventuring and exploration, with the characteristic humor and setting of the series, and good developer muscle behind it, it could be a great treat to fans. Coincidentally, the Wii is a great console for these kinds of games.

Waffles

WACKY DELLY YEAH
In no small part because releasing license-based shovelware on the Wii raises about as much notice as planting a new tree in the forest.
Read,
This is why there is notice.