1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by lugia*master, Apr 18, 2010.

1. What an episode, first the part where the cyberman tried to tentacle rape Amy. (Fetish Fuel.) Then when all the enemies come in, and trap The Doctor up to a chair, to stop him from being evil, yes THE DALEKS ARE THE GOOD GUYS IN THIS EPISODE.

2. Skeith

Skeith (◕‿‿◕)

Everyone grab your loved ones and make the most of this week as it is the last before everything gets erased. Why? Theres a Crack in the centre of the Milky Way Seriously. We're all going to die!!! D:>

Seriously though, this is one hell of a coincidence and makes an already exciting finale even better. I really do hope that the BBC puts an news story about this right before the new episode just to ramp up the tension even more. I also wonder what Moffat's reaction to the news will be as he already has the date coinciding with that of the show and the discovery of this crack couldn't have been timed better.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  3. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

I don't exactly see any of this "mature, gothic" style to Moffat's writing. These are nothing like the episodes that appeared during Hinchcliffe's regime. Or perhaps I'm missing something somewhere and this is exactly like that! Still, it appears to be something completely different. Would the Weeping Angels have likely come along in a pre-2005 episode? I highly doubt it.

Still curious as to what will happen in the finale, but in America, we just got Cold Blood yesterday. I was kinda disappointed by that duology.

4. Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Shadow_Lugia_XD001 Guess who's back

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  5. indigohex

indigohex Well-Known Member

I wish to go further on the topic that Blaze Boy threw up a couple of weeks ago on the subject of lost episodes, which I made a long post about (its on Page 2 for those of you playing at home). With the Jon Pertwee era, there are a couple of serials that only exists in black and white. Apart from Part 1 of Invasion of the Dinosaurs, there are other serials which has episodes that only exist in black and white. They are:

> The Ambassadors of Death (Episodes 2-4 and 7 exists in black and white)
    > The Mind of Evil (all episodes exists in black and white)
    > Invasion of the Dinosaurs (episode one exists in black and white)

Apart from the 11 episodes listed above, all of the episodes featuring Jon Pertwee are intact (and in colour). There is more information on the following website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials#Season_5_.281967-68.29.

6. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

I'd be interested in hearing more about the lost Doctor Who episodes. I know some have been lost only in video form and they still have audio available.

Mad maybe, but is he enough of one of these* to be him?

*Don't click the link if you have an addictive personality. I will say no more.

7. indigohex

Yes, the BBC has full-length audio from the lost episodes, but for many of the lost serials, the only images that they have are still images. But it should be noted that the most sought-after of the lost episodes is Episode 4 of The Tenth Planet, which featured the first ever regeneration, in which William Hartnell regenerated into Patrick Throughton.

But when compared to other BBC series from the 1960s, Doctor Who is well-represented, in which 145 of the 253 episodes that aired in the 1960s still in existance.

Here is the link again for those who are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_missing_episodes

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  8. SoulSilverMstr411

SoulSilverMstr411 Hikikomori

I've missed most of the current series. Partly 'cos it's on earlyer than I expected. (18:00) And the reception on BBC1 on my TV is so bad I can bearly see or hear what's going on. Thank God for i-Player!

9. indigohex

I am looking forward to the finale, but since we are two weeks behind the United Kingdom, I will avoid the BBC website and this topic for two weeks until the episode airs here in Australia. By the way, the final episode of Series 5 will air on July 11. I got it from the TV guide on the ABC's website.

10. Mushy Crayon

Mushy Crayon Eater of Mamoswine

My World History teacher is British and he loves the show. Sometimes after school when there's nothing to do (It's a boarding school), he'll let us watch a few episodes. It's actually really good.

11. invaderdim

invaderdim Dimmest of the Dim^^

the finale was ok i suppose, i was hoping for the dreamlord T_T hope he makes a return.
    and i just downloaded the dr who game and played through city of the daleks, it kept me entertained i suppose :)

12. SHINY CATCHER

SHINY CATCHER Epic Snake is Epic!

The finale was good but at the same time I found it quite hard at first to keep track of. I'm really getting to like Moffat's writing though and i can't wait for the Christmas Special.

So in Confidential Moffat said the theme for next year would be the silence, aka the thing that took control of the TARDIS. He also said that we would finally find out who River was exactly.

13. PsychedelicJellyfish

PsychedelicJellyfish formerly R. New

But...who was behind the whole thing? MOFFAAAAAAAAT! GRRRR! *shakes fist*

I'm going to go with the popular theory that it was
    Omega.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  14. indigohex

Just watched "The Lodger", and there were great one-liners in the episode, especially when Craig kept on say I love you and the Doctor was happy about it as he was the new lodger; and how he (the Doctor) kept on flashing the psychic paper as it was new (including a reference from the Archbishop of Canterbury).

Next week for the Aussies is "The Pandorica Opens" and if tonight was anything to go by (and the previews at the end of the episode), I am looking forward to part 1 of the Series 5 finale.

And I also liked the Doctor Who Confidential: Cutdown part, including the bit with Karen Gillan visiting Greenwich Observatory (the Prime Median). Any of my fellow Australians have any comments about tonight episode?

15. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

I'm not surprised the end of The Tenth Planet is so widely desired. I'm sure somebody out there has a presumably poor-quality copy of the video, and if not, I know that the BBC released at least one story with missing episodes animated in black and white. I don't know if they'd do anything like that with more serials, or the general reaction to this, but it would probably be the closest thing to having a full version of a story like The Tenth Planet at this point. Probably.

16. indigohex

The episode you are thinking of is The Invasion, which was animated in black and white (well, episodes 1 and 4 were animated in 2006 as the other 6 episodes survived in its original form), but because the BBC still has the audio of these lost episodes, it is possible that they could do with the other lost episodes.

17. TR4eva

TR4eva A Friendly Rocket

Ok, so I LOVE Doctor Who! The Finale was amazing and I do keep watching it over and over. I'm so glad the River is back and she's gonna be back again next year, she's my fave character out of well, EVERYONE! And... I think that she is the Doctor's gorgeous wife as in every episode she's been in, someone has mentioned marriage e.g 'Silence in the Library/ Forest of the Dead' Mr. Lux says they squabble like a MARRIED COUPLE and there is only one reason why the Doctor would tell anyone his name- at the ALTER, 'Time of Angels/ Flesh and Stone Amy asks the Doctor if River is his wife and he pauses, meaning probably but is unsure or cannot believe it and then Amy also asks River and her reply instead of her TRADITIONAL 'Spoilers' is 'You're good... I'm not saying you're right but, you are good.' Which hints that she is but doesn't want to say... 'The Pandorica Opens/ The Big Bang' The Doctor asks River if she is married and if she is married to him all she says is 'yes' which could mean either, but she does say after 'You'll see me again very soon and I'm sorry but, that's when everything changes' which lead me to think that he finds out who she is and it changes their lives as they will become 'partners' and maybe we get to see him finally accept who she is and there may be a spark in their relationship as that could be where 'everything changes' . They do seem like the perfect couple! Yeah, my opinion has stood for well since River first appeared back in 2008.

18. indigohex

It could happen in the future, but not necessarily during Matt Smith's tenture as the doctor. It could happen after he regenerates into the twelvth doctor (or even the thirteenth doctor), which is a long way off. But I think that River Song could be a future companion and not wife.

I think there could be a regeneration at either the end of Series 6 or the end of Series 7.

But with the regeneration, it is possible that the next doctor could actually be older than the current doctor. It did happen a couple of times in the series than ran from 1963 to 1989: Jon Pertwee (3rd Doctor) was older than Patrick Throughton (2nd Doctor) and Colin Baker (6th Doctor) is older than Peter Davison (5th Doctor). In fact, Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor) is older than Peter Davison.

Anyone tipping a regeneration at the end of next season?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  19. pine121

pine121 Banned

20. TR4eva

TR4eva A Friendly Rocket

River= Mrs. Doctor FTW!!!
    <3