1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by lugia*master, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Megaton666

Megaton666 Swampert Trainer

I really hate the 11th doctor. he looks like a Twilight reject and he doesn't project the same confidence as the 9th or 10th doctors

2. Troysen

Troysen Member

new doctor

According to my mum, Matt Smith was only cast as the doctor cos they're going after a younger audience than with David Tennant, anyone else notice how he's a lot funnier?,

not sure if i believe that though, there wasn't that much to like in my opinion

3. Megaton666

Smith just doen't seem as compotant as Tennant. when you see Tennant going into an alien infested area, you know he's gonna' kick their ***. when you see Smith doing the same thing, you think "OMG, he's going to die!"

4. Yungerer

Yungerer The Kinetic Kadabra

I also think that David Tennant was better that Matt Smith, but we've got to remember that David has been in the show for a while. Matt has only recently started up.

I remember when David took over Christopher Eccleston, everyone said he wouldn't work out, and that Chris was the better Doctor. Now look at what people are saying. :) Matt will do fine, he just needs some more screen-time. This latest season of Dr Who was only, what, twelve episodes? That's half of what we're used too already. He'll be okay. :)

One thing I am really disliking though; the 'new' Daleks. They look hideous.

5. Megaton666

it's not just that Smith is new. I was skeptical of Tennant at first too, but right in the first episode of Series 2 he convinced me that he really is the Doctor. i've watched half a season with Smith and I still don't believe he's the Doctor. though i have to blame the writing staff also. Series 2 was brilliant, it was both epic and funny. Series 5 is just boring and uninteresting. Amy doesn't really feel like a good companion either, but she's hot so it's forgivable.

6. Pansy :]

Pansy :] anustart

The only reason that people don't like matt smith is because he isn't david tennant... and don't get me wrong, i cryed my self to sleep for a week after end of time... and i had to be put back on my depression pills (no joke... i take obsessions VERY seriously) and yes, i wish david was still here, but that isn't possible and if he was back i would be mad at them for not really giving matt a chance, and if david came back it would be quite hard for the show to move on. although the real thing that dissapoints me is (how ever long ago this happenned, it still upset me) how chris eccleson was only here for one season, i would go far enough to say i liked him better then david (and david is after all, my imaginary husband) i know that he only wanted to be on for one season, but really, he was amazing, but didn't get much of a chance to prove it... to tell the truth, amy is the first companion to not annoy the crap out of me, rose annoyed me because of how average she was. martha was better, but still pretty boring... and i HATED donna... she was ugly, b*tchy and pretty stupid, i like amy better then any other companion, well besides jack of course...
    I LOVE CAPTAIN JACK HARKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!
    sorry for my fan-girlyness but jack is SOOOO amazing :)

7. Megaton666

I don't hate Smith because he isn't Tennant. I hate him because he just isn't the Doctor.

8. indigohex

indigohex Well-Known Member

Actually, I read somewhere *cough* Wikipedia *cough* that Steven Moffat wanted a middle-aged actor to play the Eleventh Doctor, but it was Matt Smith that stood out. So I doubt it had anything to do with going after a younger audience.

9. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

Smith feels to me like Patrick Troughton 2.0 so he pretty much had me from "You're Scottish, fry me something."

And he wears a fez. Fezzes are cool, ergo Smith is cool. It's irrefutable logic. Those who disagree are ugly and wrong.

10. Kazekage

Kazekage

Quoted for the effin truth.

Matt Smith, that boy is going places im telling you.

He's personality seems to contrast with his youthful appearance, he's the doctor and he knows it. I was sold from the moment I saw his expression upon the crash of the Tardis in the first episode, but it was his speech to the Atraxi that made me think that he's gonna be one of the BEST doctors we had.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  11. WynautQueen

WynautQueen Pokemon Caretaker

Doctor Who, from classic to new, is possibly one of the greatest things ever.

And Smith had me almost from the beginning. He's a fantastic Doctor, and I never would have predicted it but I think I like him just as much as Tennant. But this previous season in general was possibly one of the best seasons of the new series, with its finale being my favorite yet, rivaling End of Time at a close second.

12. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

The thing I liked most about series 5/1.3/fnarg is that it feels like an entirely new show but familiar at the same time. It honestly feels like Moffat and co. are channeling the classic series in every way, straight down to the wobbly "steel" doors on board the Byzantium in Time of Angels. It helps that it had the first honestly optimistic finale since 2005.

13. Pansy :]

Pansy :] anustart

CAPTAIN JACK IS HOT!!!! just felt the need to tell those who were unaware of this face

14. Wordy

Wordy #FlorrieSlayage2014

15. indigohex

They are doing it for The Sarah Jane Adventures as well. And staying with Doctor Who spinoffs, a new series of Torchwood has been confirmed. It will be called Torchwood: The New World and is a co-production between the BBC and Starz.

16. DarthVader

DarthVader Well-Known Member

I've seen a few Dr Who episodes and I quite like them; especially "Blink"

:p

17. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

The new Torchwood's kinda old news. And I'm not particularly looking forward to it, Children of Earth was pretty much the perfect way to end the series, and made Jack interesting again. Just let it die Davies.

18. indigohex

I really liked Children of Earth as well, but I am wondering what Torchwood: The New World will be like.

And with the whole split the series into two halves thing, it is becoming very common. In Australia for example, Hey Hey It's Saturday and Talkin' 'bout Your Generation were split up into two blocs (one half early in the year and the second half later in the year. I wonder how it will work with both Doctor Who and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

19. Kazekage

Kazekage

Awww I thought Moffat would helm the new Torchwood....

Thats stupid because Moffat and Davies have very different styles, the series ARE connected so it'll be a little weird watching two writers on the Whoverse.

20. TR4eva

TR4eva A Friendly Rocket

Yeah, and apparently when the series splits, it will be the most epic storyline ever, leaving us wanting more according to Moffat. Also, they are planning to kill off Amy next series and to be honest, I didn't really feel for her anyways...