• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doctor Who

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
The new Torchwood's kinda old news. And I'm not particularly looking forward to it, Children of Earth was pretty much the perfect way to end the series, and made Jack interesting again. Just let it die Davies.

But it left Gwen pregnant and, you know, all we've seen of Jack since CoE is the cameo in The End of Time, so who knows how having to kill his own grandson might have changed his character? There are some things that could be wrapped up... PLUS they won't let it die until people stop liking it, which hasn't happened just yet.

I'm mostly looking forward to SJA starting again just now. Because Jo's coming back. And it's long overdue. The Doctor specifically told her she'd see him again, 37 YEARS AND 8 ACTORS AGO. I'm also wanting to see how the dynamic between Sarah Jane and Eleven is, how she deals with another regeneration, etc.

Last edited:

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Also, they are planning to kill off Amy next series and to be honest, I didn't really feel for her anyways...

I want a source right now. What is it with this show and killing off the decent companions, or sending them to a fate worse than death while Rose's clingy chav *** and her beaver teeth get a happily ever after with her own personal Doctor. Thank god Ten giving them the TARDIS coral didn't make it to the final cut or that would've really been the most ridiculous ending ever.
But it left Gwen pregnant and, you know, all we've seen of Jack since CoE is the cameo in The End of Time, so who knows how having to kill his own grandson might have changed his character? There are some things that could be wrapped up... PLUS they won't let it die until people stop liking it, which hasn't happened just yet.
I think the most baffling thing is people still like it. Honestly the only time it came anywhere near the quality of Doctor Who, or anything good really, was when they were killing off the cast and making Jack do horrible things.

Also the episode with James Marsters. But that's a given.

I'm mostly looking forward to SJA starting again just now. Because Jo's coming back. And it's long overdue. The Doctor specifically told her she'd see him again, 37 YEARS AND 8 ACTORS AGO. I'm also wanting to see how the dynamic between Sarah Jane and Eleven is, how she deals with another regeneration, etc.
How is SJA? I've been thinking of watching it once I heard about Jo Grant and Eleven showing up, but Davies' writing and the tone of the show in general has really turned me off from what I've seen.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
How is SJA? I've been thinking of watching it once I heard about Jo Grant and Eleven showing up, but Davies' writing and the tone of the show in general has really turned me off from what I've seen.

It's...OK. It's pretty much DW with less death and more idealism and the occasional moral at the end of an episode, as you'd expect from children's TV. It manages to pull off being creepy just as well half the time.

I want a source right now. What is it with this show and killing off the decent companions, or sending them to a fate worse than death while Rose's clingy chav *** and her beaver teeth get a happily ever after with her own personal Doctor. Thank god Ten giving them the TARDIS coral didn't make it to the final cut or that would've really been the most ridiculous ending ever.

That is so true I mean after what happened to Donna it just made me dislike Roses fairytale happy ending more.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Well, here's the source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...played-by-Karen-Gillan-may-be-killed-off.html I dunno if it's true hence the word apparently I just dunno what to expect with Doctor Who sometimes...

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
This may seem like the most bizarre question of all time, but out of the following Doctors, who do you think would fit in best as a character on Red Dwarf: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy, David Tennant or Matt Smith?

Yeah, I'm kinda bored.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
This may seem like the most bizarre question of all time, but out of the following Doctors, who do you think would fit in best as a character on Red Dwarf: Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy, David Tennant or Matt Smith?

Yeah, I'm kinda bored.

Tom Baker. Just because of my secret desire to have him cameo in every TV series ever.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I'm bored so I thought i'd share my opinions on some of the characters:
I don't really like Rose, she was WAAAAAY Too clingy and desparate.
Martha was okay but she seemed to depend on the Doctor a little too much might as well be like 'Doctor!!! Can you open my front door for me?'
Donna was brilliant, she was funny and she wasn't too dependant on the Doctor to solve everything for her.
Amy, well she's just a **** snogging him on the night before her wedding and she's a kissogram hmm... plus, she doesn't really treat Rory like a husband anyways.
Jack is great! He's fit and funny alos quite smart and has a sense for adventure and not getting into trouble that the Doctor comes running to fix.
Also, I don't really like any of the pairings of the Doctor and any of the above. The only pairing with the Doctor I support is River. I think that she is his wife from the future and that soon she'll be popping up a lot more and staying for a lot longer. River is just purely amazing she's smart, brave, thinks on her feet and doesn't count on the Doctor to do everything. Plus, in my opinion, she is the most attractive out of the female companions and she is also played by my favourite actress. ;)