• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doctor Who

lugia*master

Cheese XD
Does anyone watch Doctor Who? I know the new series premiered yesterday for those in America, and tonight for those Ozzies among us. For people in the UK, like me, last night saw the return of the Daleks, plus the introduction of the new series design which looks awesome, I will add.

Anyone else watch?

I watched Doctor Who since it's reboot in 2005. Loved every episode. David Tennant was such a good Doctor and Amy is the best companion of the new episodes ^__^
I'm loving Matt Smith at the moment and I think that Karen is the most prettiest person to walk into the TARDIS doors :p
Watched Victory of The Daleks last night. Loved the new designs but I thought that the plot later in the episode was quite weak. Next week we are seeing the return of the Weeping Angels (squeee) and River Song (double squeee) :D

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
Yeah, I watch it and I think it's brilliant. I can't wait for next week, but since school starts tomorrow it will seem to take longer than a week.
There is a Doctor Who club on these forums but you have to write a lot about why you like it and so on to get in, which I would do if I was bothered to review every episode.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I watch it, i wasn't too sure about the new Doctor at first becausehe seemed a little odd, but now he's calmed down a little he seems to be doing a good job.

It's just a shame that most people will be comparing him to David Tennant, even though they never did that with any of the other Dr. Whos.

The Daleks are getting a little old, how many times does he have to get rid of them until they stay gone?

Crasher

I reccommend joining the Doctor Who club if you haven't already to discuss Doctor Who.

Anyway, I liked yesterday's episode. The Dalek redisign was so that they could match Amy's height. The old Dalek's matched Rose's height, but Amy is taller. I love how their ranks are colour coded.

One thing that annoys me is that, again and again, a few Daleks survive complete destruction and fall through time. It's getting a bit old. And how did they survive? The Dalekanium feeds were blasted or something like that. And how did they know to run away? All the Daleks were caught unawares.

I agree, AKRy100. Since school's starting tomorrow, the episodes are going to be spaced out a lot longer. And you don't have to write loads to get in, just four or five lines on why you like it (there are plenty of reasons!) and which Doctor is your favourite. You don't have to review every episode, it's mainly a club just to talk about Doctor Who. Most older members just review them out of habit or want, not necessity. And those reviews spark quite a lot of discussion.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Love this show. I've been watching ever since it restarted in 2005. I was going to retire from watching it after Tennant left, but some of my friends watched the first episode and I felt obliged to watch it too. So far, it's amazing, Matt Smith is fantastic, brilliant choice.

When DT was revealed, I treated him with mass hostility "he doesn't look like The Doctor" etc, but then obviously he was brilliant. So this time I decided to stay optimistic about MS, and was not dissapointed in the least. From what I've seen so far, IMO, he's just as good as David Tennant, if not better!

Needless to say I will be watching the Weeping Angels on saturday (or at least catch it on iplayer!) :)

Did anyone else think it was absolutely brilliant and hilarious in Victory of the Daleks when the Dalek said "WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME TEA!?" :D

The Daleks are getting a little old, how many times does he have to get rid of them until they stay gone?

The Daleks are the Doctors main enemy, and absolutely iconic. As long as the show's around, the writers will find ways to keep them around/ bring them back.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
My family watch it together so its a nice event regardless of the quality of each individual episode. I like the new Doc, but the past couple of episodes were a bit lame.
Whenever a person used to feel embarrassed at Doctor Who you just had to respond 'Come ooonnnn. It's Doctor Who!' However, I am getting a bit tired of the Doctor explaining what everything is: 'I am the Doctor, I am alone but super awesome!' 'You are the Daleks you are my biggest blah blah blah'. At the end of the day though it gets away with it because it's for young children.

HI
I too watched with my family and it is one of the favourite episode for my family. Especially my dad loves very much.I like the DALEKS, and I like this new doctor, and I really like his new companion. The new relationships strikes me like a different take on the Rose and Doc 10 one, which is nice.
I liked this episode, better than the last one but still not as much as the pilot, which was fantastic.

Kster

The Awesomnator
I just saw the new Doctor Who episode last night, (GO AUSSIES!!!) and I absolutely loved it! I'm only new to the fandom (don't flame me yet!) but I've seen quite a few episodes and I really loved David Tennant (He's NUMBER ONE!) and Christopher Eccleston was great too. A lot of fans were upset when David left and I was really upset, (my friend was really, REALLY upset about it!) but I'm willing to give Matt Smith a go and see if he can pull it off. And you know what I think?

HE FRIGGING NAILED IT!

I won't spoil anything, but I do think that he definitely showed all those flamers what for! I still <3 David more than anything, but the 11th Doctor has some big, fancy englsih shoes to fill!

Kster

The Awesomnator
Love this show. I've been watching ever since it restarted in 2005. I was going to retire from watching it after Tennant left, but some of my friends watched the first episode and I felt obliged to watch it too. So far, it's amazing, Matt Smith is fantastic, brilliant choice.

When DT was revealed, I treated him with mass hostility "he doesn't look like The Doctor" etc, but then obviously he was brilliant. So this time I decided to stay optimistic about MS, and was not dissapointed in the least. From what I've seen so far, IMO, he's just as good as David Tennant, if not better!

Needless to say I will be watching the Weeping Angels on saturday (or at least catch it on iplayer!) :)

Did anyone else think it was absolutely brilliant and hilarious in Victory of the Daleks when the Dalek said "WOULD YOU CARE FOR SOME TEA!?" :D

The Daleks are the Doctors main enemy, and absolutely iconic. As long as the show's around, the writers will find ways to keep them around/ bring them back.

(shivers!) The Weeping Angels have GOT to be the most freakiest villians ever! I watched, "Blink" last Thursday at a sleepover with my friend and it scared the holy Ho-Oh out of us! I literally screamed in one part and my friend was digging her nails into my leg she was so scared! But it was more scarier for me since I haven't seen the whole ep before! Now I am left with too things:

An irrational fear of statues

And wanting to have a stare down with every statue I meet! (western music comes on!) Bring it, statues!

And David Tennant is God and Matt Smith is his Angel! ^^ By that I mean, Matt Smith was incredible as the Doctor and I can't wait to see more! *______* But DT still rules!

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/this-is-relevant-to-my-interests
YES!
I love Dr. Who! The logic and science of it is pretty accurate, so it's not bad at all in that aspect!
The new doctor was awesome!

EDIT: Speaking of the weeping angels, I love them.
The ultimate guide actually put them down as the scariest doctor who monster.
^Oh, and I also have the first and second irrational fears, not true fears for me, but it's more, I'm cautious and very observant of them.
I'm observent and ever watching because I've noticed statues and stuff move when you're not looking, even when nobody's around/nobody could have moved it.

Last edited:

KOToxicroaK

I like the new series, however i preferred David Tennant as the doctor because i think he as more suited. But it might just take time to get used to Matt Smith.

GlaceonLover1

BestCharacterEver <3
The weeping angels are back for tomorrow :/ I don't like them...

Matt Smith is an awesome doctor! He's acting is fantastic, and I think he is a very good doctor. The Daleks episode was cool, except I think they should have had more of that space scene.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
It's good to actually physically see the Daleks escaping this time. Means there won't be stupidly convenient plot devices as the only means of bring them back.

Mr.Azy

Cradily's Victory!
Should be an interesting new series, not sure if it will be as good as David Tennant, but I can't judge yet

AZ

indigohex

I have seen the first two episodes, and I will be watching the third episode "Victory of the Daleks" tonight. I think Matt Smith will be the best doctor ever, and his companion Amy Pond (played by Karen Gillan) will be the best companion ever. But I would like to see Sarah Jane Smith (the best companion ever in my opinion, at the moment) return as well, even for like one episode.

lugia*master

Cheese XD
The episode "Flesh and Stone" is just absolutely the best of the series so far. It's scarier than Blink!

Victory of the Daleks debuted yesterday in the US. I kinda like the new Dalek props, but I was also just getting ****ing sick of the gold Daleks. Can we please get some of the old-school chrome-y Daleks?

I'm reasonably psyched for The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone, but it seems to me like Moffat's just trying to scare the crap out of everyone with those. I don't remember Doctor Who being a horror series.

abraxas

Words.
I've watched the show since the 9th Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, and have really enjoyed it. I loved every minute of David Tennant's run, too. But with Matt Smith, I'm just not really feeling it. There have been a few moments that made me more inclined to like him, but he really hasn't sold me, yet. And I'm not that big on Amy, either. As it is, I'm trying to stay with it, and do still get pretty hyped to see the next episodes every week, but after watching them, I always seem to feel a little let down.
I hope, with time, he'll grow on me, but I do have my doubts.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Ok the end of Flesh and Stone just proves that they really are trying to sex up the show this series. Amy's so hot! :p