• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does a Pokemons' Gender matter for you?

Yes xD When it's adorable like the starters and like ye know less likely to have a girl I just reset 'till I get what I want :3 If it looks masculine like = MALE! If it's feminime like = FEMALE :3

jakovu

No, besides breeding and evolution purposes. I don't want to feel like I'm applying biased gender stereotypes to something that isn't human.

VioiV

I Am Zora!
Im not really bothered about genders, unless im doing wedlocke or something...

ECM

I actually like female Wobbuffets lipstick. I think it's fitting and kind of funny, haha.

But, I don't care too much, however, when I plan my team, I usually try to have half my team be male and half female. I also had this thing when I was younger where I would nickname my Pokémon if they're names contradict with their genders. Mr. Mime was Mrs. Mime, and Geodude was Geogirl.

One thing I will say about myself though, when I replay any Gen II games and decide to pick Chikorita, I tend to restart until I get a female. One time I stuck with a male and nicknamed him Chiko. He was pretty awesome come to think of it.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
It doesn't really matter to me. And unlike most, I actually like getting Pokemon whose gender contradicts their appearance. My Male Lopunny has been a great asset to my team, thank you very much.

Chidzz

Not really... unless for evolution/nickname purposes
like my male budew would like to be called Rosie

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I worry about Natures first, but yeah I like to have certain genders with certain Pokemon. If I'm not interested in training the Pokemon (only catching them for Pokedex purposes) then it doesn't matter.

For example: I like to have female Milotic and male Gyarados.

And with DW Pokemon I always want the female version of course :)

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
So if you're a male and you get a female Torchic for example, would that annoy you to eventually have a female Blaziken?

OMg for me it does, when i started playing White2 my starter i choose was girl 2 times so i had to get a male one but when is a KINGdra i named it Queendra or seaking i named it seaqueen

Pookey-man

The Man of Many...
Whenever I get a female pokemon, I usually give them male names and vice-versa for some reason.

I still wish pokemon could undergo "sex surgery" or something for easy breeding...too bad this game is rated "G".

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
I usually have Pokemon with the same gender as me. Girl power!

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
So if you're a male and you get a female Torchic for example, would that annoy you to eventually have a female Blaziken?
Actually Female Blaziken's aren't that bad looking :p On topic I guess it all depends on how masculine or feminine a Pokemon looks Blaziken is probably more masculine but with a few body alterations... Besides if you don't like your starter's gender you can always reset the game remarkably I only had to reset 3 times to get a female Snivy! :D

Last edited:

Validus

I only care if it affects its evolution. Otherwise whatever. I often nickname before remembering to even to check gender... A female named Stanley is just weird. But it happened, uh well. The only gender I prefer for a specific species, is Male Nidoran. (Which is technically a completely different evolutionary line from its female counterpart)

Last edited:

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Only if i'm looking for a specific Pokemon for breeding purposes, or if it's gender specific evolutions. Other than that, I could care less.

OnceDone

Usually i prefer a Male, but I'm not going to sit there and wait till I get one, I'm okay with it being a female.

Colt45

Cobalt
For some reason, I just can't stand the female icon, so I always go with male, unless it's a female-only poke, or I want to use a girl-specific nickname.