1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Does a Pokemons' Gender matter for you?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife, Feb 13, 2013.

1. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

Nope. Not at all. Unless the pokes have a gender based evo like burmy.

2. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

It depends on the Pokemon's looks or its cry.

3. Fluffyy

Fluffyy Peace ^-^!

Yup, it matters to me in some cases. For example, if the pokemon looks feminine then I'd like to get a female pokemon and such xP

4. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

hell yes. Esp when i give nicknames to them. Actually gender is what matters to me most. Not them IV or nature shizz, nya~

5. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

Usually yes. Especially on my fave Pokes and sometimes, some Pokes don't look right too on gender.

6. JulySableye

JulySableye Pardon?

Only with breeding, otherwise, I don't see the big deal...

7. destinydude000

destinydude000 The Awesome Dude

it does matter to me, but the pokemon itself decides it, for example the pokemon that I love and will never leave me and my team are Gengar and Snorlax so they should be male, but for a pokemon like gardevoir,blissey and other girl themed pokemon, they should be definitely female.
    also other pokemon like machamp, machoke, hariyama and other dude like pokemon shouldn't be female, imagine a naked body builder girl or a sumo girl!

8. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

I usually try to catch males everytime, but when I'm desperate of getting a rare pokemon, I will catch whatever it appears.

9. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

I tend to prefer an even mix of both, so I don't care about genders that much.

10. Not really, but sometimes I like to keep some male and some female mixed in my team for the sake of it! XD.

11. ebevan91

ebevan91 Well-Known Member

I don't like my party being a sausage-fest so I do intentionally find female Pokemon. Maybe a 2:1 ratio of male:female in the party, 4 males 2 females.

12. Chewiana Jones

Chewiana Jones Dunsparciologist

I don't usually care, unless I only have a good nickname in mind for one gender or my team is already heavily skewed towards one gender (mainly nearly all female; I don't mind nearly all male quite as much). I also sometimes try to catch uncommon-gender pokemon like my female Panpour and Riolu or my male Clefairy and Skitty.

13. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

The gender doesn't matter to me unless a specific gender is needed for something like breeding or evolution.

14. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

What about slowbro and slowking?

15. IndigoAir

IndigoAir Myth Hunter

For the most part I try to have an even split, or more females if I'm including a gender-neutral Pokemon in the team, or all female. Also when I'm filling my pc boxes with one of every Pokemon, if I have a male basic and a female basic I'll evolve the female one (unless the male is at a much higher level). However, as someone else said sometimes I will have a nickname in mind for a Pokemon I want to add to my team and I will search out a Pokemon of the gender that fits the name.

But other than ALL THAT no, I don't care >.>

16. Chewiana Jones

Chewiana Jones Dunsparciologist

I personally have a Slowqueen kicking around one of my PC boxes...

17. SlowPokeBroKing

SlowPokeBroKing Future Gym Leader

I'm surprised at how sexist certain of us are on here. I could care less about its gender or IV or nature. I like the genders and natures because it makes the Pokemon seem more real. Like they are actually my pets.

18. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Only for evolution or breeding purposes.

Otherwise, I couldn't possibly care less.

19. Pochie ~

Pochie ~ Brazilian S♡ne

Yes, it does! D:

I have an extreme 'girly' taste for pokémons, so my teams are usually all females. <3

It's hard for me to see some pokémon being male or female, even if their gender rate is 50/50. A male Gardevoir is an iconic example.

20. emogirl

emogirl Panda-chan.

It really doesn't. ....but sometimes I'll be in a weird mood. When I first got BW, all my Poke's in W were female (I restarted a million times for a female starter) with my female character, and all in B were male with my male character... xD After awhile though, I stopped being as picky on those, because it's a lot of work sometimes.