• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does any one really want Goh to catch Mew?

ShuckFam

I want him to capture and box it. Mew deserves to be in jail and being trapped in a Pokeball for life is the closest to that punishment.

It's time we accept Goh as an elite legendary pokemon poacher. This man's pc boxes are so stacked he could afford to give Eternatus away. I actually want him to get a Darkrai too.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
What do I hate more Goh or Mew?

Hard choice here...

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I don't have to justify having an opinion to anyone on here.
You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to your own reality. You are not entitled to lèse-majesté protections whenever you shout your nonsense into this crackhead house.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Also can we stop calling Goh mentally unstable or whatever stigmatized mental condition to claim he's bad? It's fricking disrespectful to those that are since y'all just throw that around to describe a character you don't like. (Like, I'm not mentally stable atm due to outside factors affecting my mental health and I think this all is crazy)
I don't like Goh either, but saying that him acting the way he is because of a mental illness claim is gross af and it's being treated like the Mary Sue term here. ://////

UnovaMaster

Yes, they can just make a different legendary his "main goal catch" in each new 3 year saga

So let's get Mew out of the way so it doesn't turn into a 20 year quest

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If i'm being honest, to me it's Mew's status that make me hope Goh doesn't get it.

Mew is one of the 2 progenitors of all pokemon alongside Arceus (Until GF wants to tell us who came first they will share this distinction) it's not how powerful it is, but rather due to how the lore surrounding it and what it represents, it just doesn't feel like something somone should just own in the anime with the context around it.

Last edited:

Guy100

My prediction for 134 and after:

Goh will get Mew.. Some fans will rage about it... the anime writers wont care.. and the Pokemon anime will just move on.

If younger audiences are happy to see Goh catch amazing and popular pokemon, the anime writers feel they've accomplished something to help build more marketing to support the pokemon franchise.

It seems to me that the Pokemon franchise has reached a threshold that they are wanting to further raising the bar of their marketing by promoting its target main characters (Ash and Goh) to accomplish amazing feasts just to build more positive support for their aging franchise by having said anime protagonist (Ash and Goh) accomplish the said goals they've set out to do towards a new story arc (PWC and Project Mew).

I dont truly care much about Goh since he's essentially a marketing tool to promote the pokemon franchise and is not a character that the writers are bothered to invest their years in building up like Ash. Case and point is the fact that Goh was given a Suicune and was able to catch an Eternatus.

Evenmore, the kid(Goh) has had such a spontaneous development, that he's now become so talented that he can now overpower some legendary pokemon and catch them. Even commenting at one point in promotions that Goh is almost as independent as Ash. Based on this type of story development, it seems writers dont seem to have a long term goal of investing in Goh like they did with Ash.

How I see it if the director and staff team of pokemon journey's didn't have a problem with a newly introduced character (Goh) catching one of the franchises most popular legendaries (Suciune) as a keep-sake, then I dont see why they would object with him catching Mew, espcially seeing how Goh is just a marketing tool to build up more viewership to watch the anime. Doesn't make sense if the "Gotta Catch'em All" poster boy fails at accomplishing one of his grandiose goals to get one of the most renowned mythical pokemon; Mew.

Just imagine the viewer ship with Goh having Mew in his party and traveling around with it. Lost of younger and new audiences would honestly be aroused by this development, and to be honest I would have too as a youth watching the original series if Ash had caught populaar pokemon and legendaries early on such as Zapdos and Dragonite.

To be honest, I cant be mad at the writers for wanting to try something new, especially when they're burnt out recycling the old story formula. If newer fans want to see the older formatted series, they can just re-watch the original series.

Last edited:
It's wild to me that the best Ash's friend thread gets closed immediately as soon as people start criticising Ash and Serena's friendship, but threads where Goh gets called a psychopath, an incel and so so so much more stay active despite even requests to close them down

Bias much?
Because this forum hates Amourshipping