• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anybody other than me like Gallade!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave.

I like it, it has a lot of interesting sets, I like Bulk Up/Drain Punch myself.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
I've never really used Gallade. Most say he's just an inferior Lucario.

old man

On Guard!!!
He's found his way on to my 2nd UU team.

I like Pikachu

I agree

I've never really used Gallade. Most say he's just an inferior Lucario.

I totally agree! Gallade has: Lower HP, Lower Atk, lower Def., lower SpA, Higher SpD, and both have below average speed

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
I like Gallade, I like how he has a pretty good learn set, and pretty decent stats IMO.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Most say he's just an inferior Lucario.

Actually, that is not necessarily true.

Gallade and Lucario are NOT meant for the same purposes. Lucario is a sweeper of many sorts. Gallade is for more bulkiness and support. Gallade can take way more hits from some of those extremely common attacks, and can take at least two super affective hits if he is used CORRECTLY. Too many people are trying to use him as a sweeper. I have experimented with many different ways to use Gallade, and he is just not a sweeping type.

Another thing about Gallade is that, unlike Lucario, he doesn't have a million counters, giving him a fighting chance. Lucario is easily countered by the likes of Gliscor, which takes the dog down with a single Earthquake. Gallade, on the other hand, and survive one Earthquake from Gliscor, and take it out with a good Ice Punch.

Lucario may be faster, but Gallade can learn moves such as Thunderwave and Will-O-Wisp, which Lucario cannot. Though this may sound a little ridiculous, you should think about it. Gallade can cover his poor speed with Thunderwave, or he can cover his poor defense with Will-O-Wisp, as burn cuts attack.

So, all in all, Lucario and Gallade really aren't meant to be compared like they are. They are too different. In my opinion, they are about even.

I am not saying this just willy-nilly. I am saying this from both research and experience.

I rest my case.

GIR7590

Actually, that is not necessarily true.

Gallade and Lucario are NOT meant for the same purposes. Lucario is a sweeper of many sorts. Gallade is for more bulkiness and support. Gallade can take way more hits from some of those extremely common attacks, and can take at least two super affective hits if he is used CORRECTLY. Too many people are trying to use him as a sweeper. I have experimented with many different ways to use Gallade, and he is just not a sweeping type.

Another thing about Gallade is that, unlike Lucario, he doesn't have a million counters, giving him a fighting chance. Lucario is easily countered by the likes of Gliscor, which takes the dog down with a single Earthquake. Gallade, on the other hand, and survive one Earthquake from Gliscor, and take it out with a good Ice Punch.

Lucario may be faster, but Gallade can learn moves such as Thunderwave and Will-O-Wisp, which Lucario cannot. Though this may sound a little ridiculous, you should think about it. Gallade can cover his poor speed with Thunderwave, or he can cover his poor defense with Will-O-Wisp, as burn cuts attack.

So, all in all, Lucario and Gallade really aren't meant to be compared like they are. They are too different. In my opinion, they are about even.

I am not saying this just willy-nilly. I am saying this from both research and experience.

I rest my case.

Nicely said, Lucario has been my choice sweeper for quite a while, in the meantime, the elite four Gallade can still withstand a "Psychic" or "Zen Headbutt" from the thing. (One of the reasons I was planning on giving it Earthquake). But Gallade is a tank, it can stand a lot, and deal out very impressive damage. The move pool is also quite impressive, it can really hold it's own against almost anything.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I personally dont like the way it looks also from my personal experience it seems like more people tend to lean more towards special sweepers.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
good typing but better than medicham.
altho dahlias medicham is one tuff cookie to me!

squlicky4

yeah mann i love gallade he is wicked awsome

Final

I Submit to No One
I totally agree! Gallade has: Lower HP, Lower Atk, lower Def., lower SpA, Higher SpD, and both have below average speed

Gallade actually has higher base Attack than Lucario but still, his Speed lets him down. His Special Defense and movepool on the otherhand allow it to play support roles better. Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave can really help a team out. As a sweeper, Lucario outclasses Gallade with its superior Speed and better priority move in ExtremeSpeed but as a supporter, Gallade is better. Will-O-Wisp can help a team sweep by turning 2HKOs into OHKOs and stop most Physical Attackers from ripping apart your team and Thunder Wave can help a slower team sweep.

Last edited:

mockingjay

swift and lol
Ya know, it's one of my favorites. I like the looks, lawl. x3

RagingTyphlosion

Game Corner Addict
Gallade is awesome! I was very surprised when I found out Ralts got a new final evolution when D/P came out. The whole swords for arms is a sweet concept and if I'm right its one of the few Pokemon to get Leaf Blade which makes it quite unique.

I prefer it to Gardevoir.

Ahmed48

Tactician
Shiny Gallade rocks!!!! x3

Gallade is always a constant in my Battle Tower team. He provides a lot of coverage for me. (His moveset is Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Leaf Blade and Close Combat)

I think Gallade looks really well-designed and fits with Gardevoir very well.

I'm surprised that you haven't heard of anyone liking Gallade before, just look at the posts on this topic!

Emporar

Rocket rules.
I have one on my platinum. I use it to KO Cheryls Blissey and the rivals Snorlax.

Status
Not open for further replies.