• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone besides me really not care?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
hmmm... Seeing how much 4kids edited this show, I wonder if any North American shows have been as highly cencored when dubbed...

I fail to see how erasing made up laguage is highly censoring...stop being so petty.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
It's not just that, Justin. 4kids would get rid of anything they thought was violent, anything they thought was inapropriate (they would cencor things like clevage) anything they thought was too foriegn, anything they thought was too mature (like wine) and other things. And it's not nice to call people petty.

TeddiUrsa

I am annoyed by the dub mainly because of the music. Here in germany, we have always the original soundtrack of animes. And it hurt my ears to hear the aweful synthesiser sounds 4kids made.

I am so happy that we have a good 1:1 one piece dub and not the 4kids version...too bad about pokemon...-.-

oh, about "the US version NEEDS different music, because the original music wouldn´t fit in the US television/wouldn´t sell":

I bet simpsons would be the bomb in germany if they changed the music into bavarian trumpet music, because..well, isn´t it that what germans like?

and..I know someone else said this, but I think some people are forgetting it over and over again:

Why is it nessasary to edit rice into sandwitches? Don´t you know rice in the USA? Are young children in the USA confused when they see rice? Aren´t there chinese restaurants in the USA? Why can character in YuGiOh GX eat noodles with chop sticks but pokemon character can not eat rice?

Last edited:
It's not just that, Justin. 4kids would get rid of anything they thought was violent, anything they thought was inapropriate (they would cencor things like clevage) anything they thought was too foriegn, anything they thought was too mature (like wine) and other things. And it's not nice to call people petty.

Your right it isn't nice to call people petty although I wasn't called you, but rather your intensions. If you were offended I aplogize. Although if I may ask...how are covering clevage, taking the handle off of a wine glass important to the advancement of the plot? In no way should cleavage be involved in the Pokemon anime series regardless.

TeddiUrsa

PokeMaster Justin said:
Your right it isn't nice to call people petty although I wasn't called you, but rather your intensions. If you were offended I aplogize. Although if I may ask...how are covering clevage, taking the handle off of a wine glass important to the advancement of the plot? In no way should cleavage be involved in the Pokemon anime series regardless.

I hope they edit cleavages out in every show, even in the real life. god forbit children to see cleavages. They are the devil! *pokes eyes out*

what´s wrong with children seeing cleavages?

Um...do I even have to respond to that with a logical answer?

TeddiUrsa

PokeMaster Justin said:
Um...do I even have to respond to that with a logical answer?

please,enlighten me. is it because it screws up the minds of the little children?
maybe people shouldn´t carry their children to beaches anymore...

Last edited:
That's not the point the point is that this is a childrens television show presented in the United States, and thus to maintain the level of standards it has to be erased. Beaches have nothing to do with this arguement.

TeddiUrsa

PokeMaster Justin said:
That's not the point the point is that this is a childrens television show presented in the United States, and thus to maintain the level of standards it has to be erased. Beaches have nothing to do with this arguement.

you can see cleavages even in chip´n dale-rescue rangers and various other children´s cartoons. what´s the point?

I see how covering cleaving makes a difference at all to the plot or atmosphere of Pokemon, but I'm sure you can explain that.

TeddiUrsa

PokeMaster Justin said:
I see how covering cleaving makes a difference at all to the plot or atmosphere of Pokemon, but I'm sure you can explain that.

That wasn´t my point. The edits are pointless and are getting on my nerves. even you can´t tell me why it was changed, so you skipped this point.

In my country we usually don´t have those pointless edits. why even put effort into this when you can use the money for this for someting different?

My whole point is that I don´t want 4kids to get any other world-wide rights for an anime. I want an 1:1 dub of the original as I´m used to in german television.

That's not really a fair assesment because besides pointless edits that either side your on are pointless to argue about Pokemon is without a doubt a great voice casted anime.

TeddiUrsa

PokeMaster Justin said:
That's not really a fair assesment because besides pointless edits that either side your on are pointless to argue about Pokemon is without a doubt a great voice casted anime.

4kids is for me just a bunch of strange edits, sometime corney jokes and script edits ( not so much in pokemon, that´s true) and aweful music. the "great" VAs do nothing for me, because I simple don´t hear them on TV.

I´m not too fond of James´ and Brock´s voices. Never liked them inthe US version. but the rest was okay for me, that´s right. ( We had different VAs anyway ^^; )

The VAs aren´t my problem with the 4kids version, the edits are annoying but what really bugs me is the music change.

I'm a bit stubborn on my stance with edits involving cleavage and whine as they have cases to make...you really don't know how much people complaign in the U.S. i.e. Jynx is the perfect example.

The music thought I'll give you as I don't care for the replacement of music...

...besides lyrical ones.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I didn't mean they change the plot, but I was wondering if any North American show has had as many paint edits.