• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone care about Pokemon Gender?

Do you care about a pokemon's gender?

• Yes

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 39.1%

• Total voters

Tx85

I only care when it's necessary for evolution. The rest, since it has the same stats and the rest equal to the other gender is okay for me..

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
I like catching female Pokemon. I guess cause I'm a woman. A shiny is a shiny though.

Girl Power!

=^_^=

Nana

I usually care. In Crystal, I caught them based on what they "should" be (like a Clefairy being female, Machoke being male). In LG, I switched it up and tried to only find female Pokemon. This was mostly to force myself to level up my Pokemon by taking longer to find the female gender. In Emerald, I switched back to selecting genders for each Pokemon. In Platinum, I decided to capture only female Pokemon again. Platinum will probably be the last time I do this though. In future games, I'll just capture them like I did in Crystal and Emerald.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
with certain pokemon it definetly matters to me

like with vaporeon, it looks like it shuld be a female, as umbreon i think looks like it shuld be a male

or with milotic i just prefer the female
and dragonite i prefer as a female too

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
It depends. Like, if a pokemon looks girly, I always try to get a female. But, if it looks masculine, then I try to get a male XP

Also, it depends on what gender i'm playing in the game. If i'm a male, i'll mostly likely get 4 male pokemon & 2 female. If I play the girl hero in the game, i'll get 4 female pokemon & 2 males.

I'm very wierd & picky. XD

Chris-kun

i still believe
I don't care about pokemon being gendered specifically, but I like to have a balance of male and female pokemon in my party instead of having all or almost all males/females

Dattebayo

Banned
I usually don't care about the pokemon's gender (unless it's the Jigglypuff and Machop evolution line). Sometimes I use 2-3 females in my team.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
well, I care when they dress piplup and pachirisu and buniery in pink cheerleaders skirts..../:
but than again I guess it is just me......

madelyn

Thinks with Portals
Well, I'd really only care about it if the Pokemon in question had some kind of gender difference, then I would go with the gender of the sprite I preferred.

For example, I prefer female Gible, Gabite, and Garchomp to the male, and I prefer Male Pikachu and Raichu to the female.

Same here. I only care about the genders when the Pokemon in name looks like a specific gender. Other than that, it's usually whatever I catch first.