• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone else feel like Ash's mini tournament wins were unsatisfying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

Still better than him losing a bunch of tournaments that are of no value. If not then we still we be hearing from folks like you how much you hate him and how he needs to be replaced all the time. It's just nice to have peace once in a while.

I don't hate Ash but rather how his character has devolved in Best Wishes. In OS, he wasn't a great Trainer but his personality was pretty enjoyable compared to his flanderized BW-self.

The fact this is a filler arc is kinda a downer too.

thunderblade12

This is Ash's worst team since Johto. It's going to end the exact same way. With him having two unevolved starters and one in it's middle stage. The show literally wouldn't have been any different if Ash had never caught unfezant, Palpitoad, Boldore, or Krookodile. Even Scraggy and Axew, two pokemon who I thought from the start had potential to get mounds of character development, didn't get much.

I hope the Kelos saga is better because it's borderline unwatchable now.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't hate Ash but rather how his character has devolved in Best Wishes. In OS, he wasn't a great Trainer but his personality was pretty enjoyable compared to his flanderized BW-self.

That's because we didn't know him for long and he was much stupider and I never liked that. But let me get back on topic and say that I really don't care about him winning whatever he can win. There was some others that also won most of their matches by weird standards and such. And since Ash didn't win any tournaments in BW, there's nothing wrong with winning some simple ones.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It just seems suspicious. Yeah, it's nice that Ash is winning things but the way they're handled here... well, it seems like a student who's desperate to get a good grade after a streak of failed tests.

That's like me getting a 6 (out of 10) for a subject that's worth 12 credits, and trying to make up for it with a 9 in a subject worth 2 credits.. :p It feels exactly the same.

Iris' Don Battle win is a definite mark, while Ash winning this Sumo Tournament is a footnote.

This is Ash's worst team since Johto. It's going to end the exact same way. With him having two unevolved starters and one in it's middle stage. The show literally wouldn't have been any different if Ash had never caught Unfezant, Palpitoad, Boldore, or Krookodile. Even Scraggy and Axew, two pokemon who I thought from the start had potential to get mounds of character development, didn't get much.

I hope the Kalos saga is better because it's borderline unwatchable now.

It's like the games. Ash was forced to capture a Ground-type for Elesa, but didn't have much use for it afterwards.. Unfezant made no sense, considering it should've been used against Cilan and Burgh at least before Skyla. Boldore could've been used against Elesa's Emolga instead of Snivy getting whacked. Krookodile and Scraggy I disagree on. It might not have gotten much development, but they were essential to general feeling of Ash's team. Krookodile being the real powerhouse and Scraggy being a standout character. We've seen Scraggy grow as a fighter just like how we saw Gligar grow as a fighter, though the latter evolved.

When I look at the team, I still don't think that it's bad in terms of strength, but just really poorly handled. Whereas Johto lacked strength and we all knew it.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Scraggy is kinda like Gligar if it improved without evolving. The Johto team had some power, but it was only Cyndaquil, Bayleef, and Heracross(which doesn't really count). Noctowl could have been much better if it had better moves back in Johto.

The only really strong ones from Unova are Pignite, Leavanny, and Krookodile. Then the others are split into two groups:
1. Didn't appear/battle enough to prove itself to the degree the above three did(Snivy and Scraggy)
2. Had too many fails in battle which outweighs its success(Oshawott, Boldore, Palpitoad, and Unfezant)

matt0044

That's like me getting a 6 (out of 10) for a subject that's worth 12 credits, and trying to make up for it with a 9 in a subject worth 2 credits.. :p It feels exactly the same.

Iris' Don Battle win is a definite mark, while Ash winning this Sumo Tournament is a footnote.

That's exactly what I meant.

ikkoola

Banned
I haven't watched any of the DA! saga but I might catch up. In which episodes does Ash have these mini-tournament battles? O:

Status
Not open for further replies.