• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone else feel the starter choices are very random?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I have a feeling they r gonna get a new evo/form
If so, that could be cool. But un-fair to the other starters of their corrsponding trio

Julia Artemis

I think they were picked because they one fit a lot of Japanese cultural tropes and if we do get alternate evolutions than they will probably tie into Ainu mythology. There was a reddit post about that I need to find it but basically all three of the starters animals it's based off tie into spiritual creatures called Kamuy. But if that isn't the case still these starters are very much based off of Japanese tropes of archer, samurai and shogun.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So random that I'm gonna box the starter for once unless they've got new forms.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
It sure is Random! Scorbunny should be the Fire Starter Here.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Actually coming back to this, I've got a few things to say

This is pretty lengthy so I'll Spoiler it

A bit of a Rant ahead

The way I some people are complaining about how Oshawott, Cyndaquil, and Rowlet were picked to be the Legends Arceus starters and not popular stuff like Charizard, Greninja and Sceptile or whatever.

But those people fail to realized that those Pokémon always get the spotlight and they want to try something different for a change

Also if that I mean IF that alleged leak about the alleged Hisuian Variations is true then that's all the more reason why we got stuck with the Starters we're getting now

Typholosion and Samurott are Starters who needed glow ups far more than Charizard or Greninja did

I really dont know about you guys but I personally would just rather take bland or controversial designs and potentially fix them or at least make them look a little better rather than doing the complete opposite by taking perfectly good/popular designs and risk ruining them or making them look worse.

Typholosion was always critized for being bland, having a bad 3D model, and being an inferior Charizard clone with it's stats.

Give me a good reason why you would rather prefer Charizard who already has a perfect design over Typholosion who could really use a redesign?

Samurott was often slammed for being "ugly", critized for not being "as cool as Dewott" and called "the worst water starter" by many (at least until Inteleon came along)

Give me ONE good reason for why Greninja who is a universally beloved design should get a redesign instead of poor Samurott who actually strongly needs it?

Samurott and Typholosion needed this

These guys don't (and neither did Decidueye imo but that's a whole nother story)

But even with Decidueye, it wasn't nearly as popular in Japan as it was in the West so that could be a main reason why they wanted to give it a redesign?

And btw, while sure, I have no way of knowing if they'll look better or worse than the originals at least I'll appreciate them going back to at least try to fix their old controversies as opposed to just ignoring them and keep dumping everything on Charizard