1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone else here enjoy scary mangas?

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by telos, Feb 28, 2013.

1. telos

telos i brought ice cream

I know I'm supposed to keep it tasteful, but I won't be posting any of what I'm talking about to here because some of these comics are graphic and violent. If it's still inappropriate then feel free to move this or delete it.

I really enjoy reading horror mangas, particularly works by Junji Ito, like Uzumaki, and I enjoyed Parasyte (well, what I read of it) and Drifting Classroom was pretty good, too.
    Does anyone else here like reading really creepy/dark mangas?

2. Icarus©

Icarus© Full on PASBLer

Never,
    I usually stick to the shounen part of manga
    Getting nightmares over manga is not really my thing.

3. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

The only consistently creepy/horror manga I keep up with is Higurashi and Corpse Party, that's about it. After reading Enigma of Amigara Fault, I haven't touched any of Junji Ito's stories since (though I'll go on his TV Tropes page from time to time). It took months to get over it, and I don't know if I'm still sensitive to it or not.