• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone ever play 1st generation games anymore?

Andy787

Unless I'm doing a challange that requires me to play it, I hardly play the 1st generation games these days. Maybe I should get back into them at one time though. I actually do miss beating a level 53 Onix with a level 15 Lapras with water gun :(.

ForteAnly

Unless I'm doing a challange that requires me to play it, I hardly play the 1st generation games these days. Maybe I should get back into them at one time though. I actually do miss beating a level 53 Onix with a level 15 Lapras with water gun :(.

Was that with a critical hit. If not that is pretty insane.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I play them for sport basically. I just think the games have a lot of appeal even though the sounds and the graphics are more than a decade old and could really use an update lol. I think nostalgia also plays a key role in how often I play my old Red and Blue versions but mostly I'm just bored when I play them. I usually play 5 different Pokemon games a week :S

ForteAnly

I just received my Blue version I ordered from ebay and i'm excited to play it since I never bought it when I was a child. I want to complete the dex something I gave up on doing a long time ago because I lacked blue version.

When I got my copy of Yellow 10 years ago I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now the Gen I games just make my eyes hurt.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've been working on finishing the Pokedex in Yellow. I have about 100 caught, and I have 8 badges, using only a Pikachu. I just can't beat Gary, his Sandslash gets me everytime.

ForteAnly

As soon as I finish Blue version I will start my Yellow version again since my file got deleted.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Just started playing a red rom whenever I browse the forums. Currently at Viridian City with a Bulbasaur (Jericho) and a Nidoran Male (Pendragon), I missed the super long nicknames.

SuperVenustoise

I sometimes play Yellow version to exploit glitches or to raise Pokemon for Pokemon Stadium/2. Unfortunately, my Blue version is corrupted.:(

jacobii

Third Wheel in J#+IB
i play red and silver a lot more than my platinum and way more than ruby the 3rd generation is just so bad and boring i only play them to catch the legendaries the starters and my favorite hoenn pokemon flygon walrien sharpedo mettagros salamance and absol
i also love playing pokemon stadium 1 and 2