• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone ever play 1st generation games anymore?

I play Pokémon Blue on VBA daily. I own it on GB as well. Awesome game, there's still lots of things to learn about this game, and I'm still working on my team.

Cory

I play Yellow a lot. It was definitely my favorite 1st Generation game because of the Pokemon you could get.

Shiny Arcanine

right now trying to recall my first 6 pokemon i had on my team so far ive come up with three Charlie my charizard harvey my pidgeot and my un nicknamed raichu (only my charizard had a nickname back then so im deciding on nicknames for my orignal team as i remember them) and im running through my original red version to remember my first team.

Saph

Rapscallion
I'm about to play both Red and Blue again. This time I'm going to catch all 151 Pokemon, which I have never done before. Then I'll try to get all 251 on Gold and Silver.

Dudette101

Feel the heat~!
I still play Yellow sometimes.
Pikachu's reactions to some things are just too cute! <3 That and I don't think I've ever fully beaten it.....

Skorbycky

I bought a few days ago Blue version and I will soon begin my adventure. Nostalgia, magic and joy - this game is worth every tear and money! It is in my opinion the best generation.

raquiri

I'm playing through yellow now. I'm just got past nugget bridge and there's this guy hiding in the grass who says "I saw your feat from the grass!" I realized my "feat" was getting past the bridge, I always thought he meant he saw my feet. The last time I played this game, "feat" wasn't in my vocabulary.

PokeMEN

PokeMEN Master
I play pokemon yellow occasionally and pokemon stadium with my friend :)

CursedtiniOnlyFriend

Snivy gonna kill you
I play them just for nostalgic feeling now...and Lavender town.

Kaz~

Banned
I still love the 1st gen games. Love the old sprites.

hawkmbl

Curious
I play Yellow off and on and use the transfer pack, but that's pretty much it. I just loved the final battle music of Yellow.

original150

"timey wimy stuff"
The answer is yes I do

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Yeah, duh. I still find it hard though XD
I can't believe I restarted Yellow and then when I found out about Ruby, I played on it for days..
My poor Data of 111 Pokemon in Yellow were gone >.> Wish I didnt delete it DX

agunimon45

yup, i still do. I got the game on blackberry(don't ask me how i got that. its not that i don't want to tell you guys, but more like i dont even know why the game is on a mobile phone.)

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Last time I played it was about 4-5 years ago when I played Red and realized just how awful Gen 1 is when compared to the rest of the series.

Giopawa

I actually still play Yellow.
I have a gameboy advance and the Yellow I got for my Birthday when I was 11 back in 99. I still have Blue and Silver.
Honestly, I am playing Yellow through again, only using the Pokemon Ash used in the series. That means, no evolutions and what not. Totally worth it, and extremely difficult. Ever fight Brock with a Pikachu? Yeeeeeah.