• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone focus on one type only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-boogie200

I was wondering if anyone did. Just curious. I love water pokemon, and I've tried to dominate battles with just using primarily them. I've won some and lost some. For example, all level 100s(Dewgong, Walrein, Swampert, Slowbro, Kingdra) My Empoleon is on level 80 and I've had it for 2 years. Crazy huh. I mean I also have other types, but I just love others.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
i love ice types!
they are my absolute favorite <3
smoochum is my favoritee of all :]
sometimes i will play a game && only have ice types,
just for the fun of it.
my fav. team would have to be:
smoochum
glaceon
dewgong
froslass
abomasnow
articuno

Concept

Führer of Fun
I do monotype challenges sometimes. My favourite type is water (only one where I've done a monotype on all four gens) although fighting and psychic come in at second and third.

Officer Jenny

Poliwag ftw
i started with pearl and played it with a mixed team, but on diamond i've stuck to water types

uhhh6677

I usually use a variety of types, unless I'm doing a monotype challenge. But psychic pokemon are sweet.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
Fire is considered to be the weakest type out there because of its Earthquake, Surf & Stealth Rock weakness. Nevertheless, I love fire type Pokemon. I love everything about them, their underdog image, their designs, their attacks...

Even though I do not train fire type Pokemon ONLY, I would say I specialize in the Type. My goal is to own a decent IVed, EV trained version of every existing fully evolved fire type (I already did this with Infernape, Arcanine and Houndoom). I am not in a rush tho, as I enjoy raising other Pokemon as well. I also have my fire Pokemon in mind when I'm raising other Pokemon. Having thoughts about how they could support my fire types, what fire weaknesses they could cover and so on.

You see, I'm a fire enthusiast who also enjoys other Pokemon types & especilly Pokemon breeding.

Killer Grunt

Hmm i guess i would specialize in water or grass type pokemon. I do use others but they are always my main focus. It may be partly because i have not liked the fire type starter since the Johto days.

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
Water Types, I adore them. But I also have an Ice, fire & Grass team in the making.

Alloute

Not Banned
I do not, but I love Ice and Water types, they bring out the mother in me...

I'm doing a Lorelei team on Pearl soon.

Last edited:

ScorpioStarmie

Concert Headbanger
I have made a team of just water pokemon on gold before. I switched out my togetic and meganium with some of the water pokemon sometimes. Since then I never had did that again. I was thinking about it on Diamond. Of course a water team. I might want to try a psychic aor dark team...my other favorite types.

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
I really like water and ice type pokemon, and I actually considered making each pokemon on my competitive team have that type. Claydol and Breloom are the only ones without either of the types, so maybe I'll switch them for some other pokemon. Imagine a competitive team that all shared a type. COOL BEANS ROAR!!!!

Cruisercard

My favorite types are Water, Dark, Bug and Poison but for some reason I have about eight Water Types. Six of them are almost unique dual types too. Don't ask me how but it just happened.

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
I also love water types but I don't usually train one type...I try and keep my teams all balanced

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
My favorite type is rock. Being somehow underestimated due to the many x4 weaknesses they catch some neatweaknesses on flying Pokes like Dragonite or the brids..too sad that in old times Rock slide was the only powerful move..but now rock Pokemon are more powerful than before..I don't really care of some weaknesses since especially rock is often combined to overcome this weakness..Maybe I should try to train a gym leader team..

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
My favorite types are Dark and Dragon. Fire is nice too, but I like the first two more. I don't focus on one type. I always try to build a balanced team.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I usually keep a fairly even team just so that nothing can suprise me. But most of my pokemon either have a ground or fighting move just because of coverage. But I'm a huge fan of grass pokemon (most dragons are cool too).

Status
Not open for further replies.