• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone focus on one type only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolespeon

I dont know.
I don´t like to have a team of only one type, I think it is better to keep everything in balance.

Wigglytuff_

Y hai dar.
I like fire types and I use them a lot. But,My team is all different types.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I tend to end up using a lot of Steel-types, intentionally or not. But I really like Steel-types, anyway, so it's cool.

charigod

charizard tamer
for the longest time i did an all dark-type team, but i switched back to multi-type soon after

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
I remember on one of my games I only used one type...but I usually diversify.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I've never done a monotype game, but, if and when I do, it'll be Poison. I always have 3 Pokemon of this type in my E4 team, and, I hope to beat the E4 with a fully Poison team, one day.

The Flash

I like shorts!
my first run through i pick a starter, which is usually random, and then support my starter with pokemon that help cover what its weak to. my main attacker is usually my starter. but after that run through... i try to do weird things like my all fighting team, all psychic team, etc. i'm serious to beat the game, and then mess around.

Rebo Rhino

i love dragons ground fire and normal types. but at the same time i enjoy a balanced team. but i am always training different pokemon. b4 my sapphire crashed i had around 60 lvl 100's most of which were the list above and some other miscellaneous favorites. i miss that file so much.

I usually try to train a balanced team, but I play the monotype challenge once in a while too, exclusively with Fire types in my Crystal game. Go Typhlosion! :D

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
I usually keep a fairly even team just so that nothing can suprise me. But most of my pokemon either have a ground or fighting move just because of coverage. But I'm a huge fan of grass pokemon (most dragons are cool too).

i also try and keep a pretty even team, though i may lean towards the water type... >.> or pokemon with a weakness to ice and electric type moves.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I have done a team full of Ground Type Pokemon on Sapphire but the closest with a full team of one type in Diamond is my Poison Team.

'Twas a Good Team

Caaz

Awesomeliciousness.
I love Flying type pokemon! I beat all the gyms in diamond with my staraptor!

i'm trying to get my team filled with the coolest birds, kinda hard getting a pidgey/pidgeotto/pidgeot in the GTS....

cfish

I like dragon types because of the great type coverage and the sweet reward I get when I finally get a Dragonite after busting my a** raising a Dratini from level fifteen and going through the elite 4 with a Dragonair. It makes Dragonite feel really over-powered

Sara Hysaro

I usually try to train a balanced team, but I play the monotype challenge once in a while too, exclusively with Fire types in my Crystal game. Go Typhlosion! :D

I did something like that in Gold, except the only Pokémon I used was Typhlosion. Thunderpunch really helped out a lot. :) I miss Toughy....

Anyways, I don't really focus on one type, instead I like to avoid having two pokemon of the same type at all costs. Still, if I had to pick I'd pick dark. It's one of my favorite types.

Status
Not open for further replies.