• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone here actually use the GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
It's ridiculous how many hacked pokemon there are to non hacked. Fortunately the couple of times I have traded on the GTS have been legit.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
What! And get screwed, yeah OK...

jabs4

UT Embedded Tower Groudon for a Sapphire Kyogre.

I did not want to wait around for my friend to catch up and trade me his Groudon just to unlock Rayquaza.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I did when I had the wifi (There's a chance I might able to use it again too). I just liked getting different Pokemon and shinies, even if they are hacked (I try not to use them)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I use it when I try to finish a PokeDex without trading with my other Platinum/SS.

Punk Lion

Dark Trainer
I use it quite a bit to shore up by 'caught' numbers. I have pretty good luck with it too, probably because I don't try to get legends from it. 'S far as I can tell, none of the trades I've gotten so far have been hacks.

dragor31

I traded the 10TH ANIV Celebi I can clone on Emerald for a random Celebi, It turned out to be hacked, so I kept trading the hacked ones I got till I finally got one that looked legit. Turns out it is legit, or close enough. But now I am just putting my Celebis up for Celebi, Jirachi or Shaymin. I have gotten quite a few legit ones for them.

bobri28

Get your snacks
yeah, i use the GTS all the time to collect legends. Mime Jr for a starter, starter for a high level milotic, milotic for a legindary. it works really well but the mime jr phase seems to be over now. need to find a new ppoke to replace it with

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I used to do it to get good deals or for another reason but haven't used it at all in SS and in more than 6 months in Diamond.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
ive used it a few times. once to get a skarmory in pearl because i couldnt catch the wild ones and a few other times to just get pokemon for my team like Glameow or munchlax

Also got a Cherubi from a player named Serebii once :D

Last edited:

Khoury

i've perused the choices often... but i've never actually put a Pokemon up for trade or traded one myself. usually due to the lack of having the certain Pokemon they want for theirs, but also because there ARE a lot of hacks and i don't want to ruin my own file.

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I use it, but not for legendaries. I hope the people there are decent enough not hack any non-legendary Pokémon (I mostly trade for version exclusives or missing starters), but you never know :/
I think it's fun to receive Pokémon from random people from all over the world, but, like already said, the offers are mostly ridiculous. And I don't even look for special Pokémon...
Though somebody mentioned to search for each gender or multiple level ranges for a certain Pokémon separately to get more results. I didn't think of doing that before so I guess I'll try it out^^

Larris

Barney Stinson!
In the beginning I used GTS a lot. It helped me get the version exclusives.
I quickly noticed that it's easier to put up a pokémon for trade yourself than to search for the one you want. And it is kind of exciting when the little clock is spinning and you're wondering if a trade has been made. :)

Last edited:

23caterpie

pokemaster
I got a legit shiny Ditto and Weadle off there just two days ago like 5 minutes within each other.

WaluigiP

GET OUT OF MY STORE
It's impossible to trade with anyone though because of extremely inconvenient trading conditions, like trading a Deoxys for a Lv. 80 and above male Growlithe.

It also makes getting the Over the Sea or whatever it's called Pokewalker route difficult because everyone's asking for Lv. 100 legendaries in exchange for a Pidgey they caught on the first route in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.