• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone here not competitively battle?

McBatch

now i just do all my competitive battling on pokemon showdown

i was too obsessed with trying to get perfect natures ivs evs and i lost why i liked pokemon just playing the game and catching one of each type and work with what i have!

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I used to but I fell off a while ago. Might get back into it next gen if I'm liking the new Pokémon, moves, abilities etc

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
EVs, IVs, Natures, etc..., am I the only one around here who couldn't care less about them and think back to the old days when all that was said was "Imma Earthquake all you suckas!". I just play for the experience, not to make complex strategies.

I'm not particularly competitive. I've EV trained before, and it is kind of fun, but I've been too lazy to do it consistently. Breeding doesn't sound even slightly fun to me for some reason, but that's probably because I don't like hatching eggs. There's also the fact that most of my favorites are statistically weak, and therefore, not very competitively viable.

Although, I'm considering EV training my team for gen 6. Because as I said, it was pretty exciting to see my Pokemon grow in that way.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Nope, I don't really. It's really time consuming to breed for IVs, and besides, at college I don't really have access to Ds-compatible wifi. I'll EV train a bit, but I won't spend days breeding for the perfect IVs and natures.

(ahem, see signature)