• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Anyone Know Forum HTML?

Fatal

Banned
...I have an invisionfree forum, and I want to know how to make a member's name bold, italic, a different color, add a symbol, or any combination of those.

I'm trying to make the change under the setting "Edit Member Group" so that when a member reaches a certain forum quota, they will get new features, and a + added to their name.

The board only gives one example: (Example:<span style='color:red'>), which changes the username's color to red, but that's all I know how to do.

Does anyone know the codes to make it bold, italic, a different color, add a symbol, or have any clue that might help me?

I've figured out pretty much everything else about IF, but not this.

Last edited:

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This is not a question about SPPf, so I moved it.

Well:
When you edit a usergroup, there are the following ofields to fill in (as you already mentioned):
Online List Format [Prefix]
(Can be left blank)
(Example:<span style='color:red'>)
Online List Format [Suffix]
(Can be left blank)
(Example:</span>)

Put in the following values to make it like like you want it to:
Bold:
Online List Format [Prefix]: <b>
Online List Format [Suffix]: </b>

Italicised:
Online List Format [Prefix]: <i>
Online List Format [Suffix]: </i>

Different color:
Online List Format [Prefix]: <span style='color:red'>
Online List Format [Suffix]: </span>

Just replace "red" by another color's name.

Red "+":
Online List Format [Prefix]:
Online List Format [Suffix]: <span style='color:red'>+</span>

Fatal

Banned
Thank you, pika.

EDIT: How do you make the red "+" bold?

Last edited:

ArteMagica

Love. Honor. Truth
I think this is the right code as I used this code to make name in Itallics at my forum:
Online List Format [Prefix]:
Online List Format [Suffix]: <b><span style='color:red'>+</span></b>

If you want it in Itallics just change the <b></b> to <i></i>

Last edited:

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
That makes just the + sign bold, though... (?)

And why does everyone insist on using <span style='color:red'></span>?
I just use the simple <FONT COLOR=Red> (or #FF0000 instead of "Red") </FONT>. The effect is the same...

ricocheting

Noob Trainer
Admin
your question has already been answered, but I get to play 'geek.'

anyway, the <font> tag is depreciated and hasn't been a valid HTML tag for years now. and even though <b> and <i> are still technically valid, they're frowned upon if you're doing strict coding. the technically "correct" way would be to go:

Code:
<span style="color:red; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold;">+</span>

with whatever combination of color/italics/bold you wanted.

Magma Leader Maxie

Non caedor caedo
ricocheting said:
anyway, the <font> tag is depreciated and hasn't been a valid HTML tag for years now. and even though <b> and <i> are still technically valid, they're frowned upon if you're doing strict coding.

I see... So the tag is not in use any more. But <span style="font-style:italic"> xy </span> seems like a lot to write as opposed to <i> xy </i>. I wonder why it was completely replaced, though.

Wait a minute... that would porbably be the reason why my Firefox browser misinterpreted my <FONT> (notice I dislike XHTML) tag and displayed normal, black text where it should have been red. Ok, I'll waste the extra Joule to type the <span style=""> one next time. Thanks.