• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone know the actual numbers behind the snow buffing drowsy/frostbite mechanics?

AVAVA

I'm working on adding support for the new statuses to a fan-gane I'm working on, but I can't do that without the real values.

Every online resource simply notes that it increases the chance of drowsy causing inaction and frostbite being afflicted as a secondary effect, but no one has the actual numbers or whether it's an additive or multiplicative effect.

AVAVA

So I did some testing myself. Snow doubles the chance of not moving while drowsy from 1/3 to 2/3.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
So I did some testing myself. Snow doubles the chance of not moving while drowsy from 1/3 to 2/3.
Darkrai's Dark Void is the most efficient way of getting the Drowsiness effect, better accuracy. The effect is at it's strongest the first 2 turns. Including with the legendaries battles.

That's how i captured a lot of them in the last portion of the game going after the plates.

PCN24454

They’re not buffs; they’re nerfs.

Being completely unable to move in this battle system is a death sentence, so they nerfed those two ailments.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
They’re not buffs; they’re nerfs.

Being completely unable to move in this battle system is a death sentence, so they nerfed those two ailments.
And wild area enemies getting more turns even if their level is lower is dangerous as well. Diamond Cland Leader and his agile Style Leafeon in particular in challenge battles is no pushover.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
OP very clearly wasn't saying Frostbite/Drowsy are buffs to the statuses they replaced, he was asking by what percentage snow increases the chances of those statuses being inflicted or procing. You can tell that, because it's literally in the god damn title.... and his post. I'm genuinely curious how someone actually misses it, did they maybe tunnel vision on the single word "buffing" and not read anything else in the title or the actual post?

Anyways, what do you mean by adding support to a fan game? ROM hacks and the like aren't allowed to be discussed here so if that's what you meant I would avoid talking about that in the future.

AVAVA

It's not a rom hack and I'm not talking about the game itself. The only reason I brought it up is that it's one of the only reasons someone would actually care about what the real value is.