• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone know what PKRS means and how to get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought my Pokemon was going to die. >.> Ok, my friend who had Emerald traded me a Pokemon who had a thing called PKRS. I left the Pokemon in my party and went out battling. Sooner or later my other Pokemon started geting it! I freaked out so I just shut off my game and my game was saved after the trade. I quickly released the Pokemon and now my Pokemon never got infected by it. Now I looked in my friend's LeafGreen then I saw a Pokemon she got from my friend who had Emerald. (same person as before.) That Pokemon that she traded also has PKRS! I quickly put it in an empty box in the computer but what I want to know is, how do I get rid of this stupid thing. >.>

Edit: I hope this in the right place, but since the game the PKRS was in Emerald I put it here. >.> (Also the version I used was Emerald... but I've never seen this thing before...)

PKRS stands for Pokerus, which is short for POKEMON VIRUS. It speeds up EV training from the Pokemon infected by it (doubled), that's why Pokerus isn't really a bad thing. You're actually lucky you have pokerus, because it's rare for someone to encounter a wild pokemon with it.

So it isn't a bad thing at all. And many people who had encountered Pokerus always preserve it :D

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
Spirit Rubi said:
I thought my Pokemon was going to die. >.> Ok, my friend who had Emerald traded me a Pokemon who had a thing called PKRS. I left the Pokemon in my party and went out battling. Sooner or later my other Pokemon started geting it! I freaked out so I just shut off my game and my game was saved after the trade. I quickly released the Pokemon and now my Pokemon never got infected by it. Now I looked in my friend's LeafGreen then I saw a Pokemon she got from my friend who had Emerald. (same person as before.) That Pokemon that she traded also has PKRS! I quickly put it in an empty box in the computer but what I want to know is, how do I get rid of this stupid thing. >.>

Edit: I hope this in the right place, but since the game the PKRS was in Emerald I put it here. >.> (Also the version I used was Emerald... but I've never seen this thing before...)

Answer: DON'T GET RID OF IT!!!1!! It is the pokerus, a virus that doubles the EV's you gain in battle. It is one of the most rare things you can "find" in the game. You want all of your pokemon to be infected by it. You won't lose it by putting it in a box, it will however spread to all the other pokemon in the PC, which is good. Don't lose it!!

Edit: Ok so it will stay there forever... my friend must have chaught a Pokemon with it and her other Pokemon got infected and she traded them to me and my friend. XD

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
It will just stay for some days. But if a pokemon had it, and it get off that one, it can't get it again.

Last edited:

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
What is PokéRus, you ask?

You have been graced with the most awesome thing since the invention of held items, the Pokérus. Pokérus is shown as PKRS on the Summary Screen (and only there), and you can find it where a status effect would normally be shown (it'll only appear if there is no status). What it does is double EV points given from a particular battle. For example, for every Electrike your Pokémon "slaughters", it gets 1 point in Speed. If the "slaughterer" is infected with PKRS, it would receive double the points, or 2. Now let's say that this certain Pokémon is equipped with the Macho Brace for double points again, or 4. This means that Electrike will give you 4 Speed points every time you faint it. Assuming all you run into is Electrike, and you always faint it in one shot, it would take you about 20-30 minutes to complete Speed EV training.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. The same holds true for PKRS. After about three days, the PKRS will vanish. Those that were already infected with PKRS will have a small black dot appear between the Ball that was used to catch it and their Level. Those with the dot cannot be infected again. However, there is a way to preserve your PKRS: Simply get someone you generally don't really care about, and infect them with PKRS. Drop it in the Box (mark it with all four marks so you can easily find it) and let it sit there forever. It won't infect your Box Pokémon, but the PKRS won't leave, either. Whenever you have someone new to infect, bring out Azurill and infect the new guy. Once that's done, drop it off again. It's usually helpful to infect multiple Azurill so you don't ever have to worry about the PKRS mysteriously running out on you.

Phoenix Wright said:
What is PokéRus, you ask?

You have been graced with the most awesome thing since the invention of held items, the Pokérus. Pokérus is shown as PKRS on the Summary Screen (and only there), and you can find it where a status effect would normally be shown (it'll only appear if there is no status). What it does is double EV points given from a particular battle. For example, for every Electrike your Pokémon "slaughters", it gets 1 point in Speed. If the "slaughterer" is infected with PKRS, it would receive double the points, or 2. Now let's say that this certain Pokémon is equipped with the Macho Brace for double points again, or 4. This means that Electrike will give you 4 Speed points every time you faint it. Assuming all you run into is Electrike, and you always faint it in one shot, it would take you about 20-30 minutes to complete Speed EV training.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. The same holds true for PKRS. After about three days, the PKRS will vanish. Those that were already infected with PKRS will have a small black dot appear between the Ball that was used to catch it and their Level. Those with the dot cannot be infected again. However, there is a way to preserve your PKRS: Simply get someone you generally don't really care about, and infect them with PKRS. Drop it in the Box (mark it with all four marks so you can easily find it) and let it sit there forever. It won't infect your Box Pokémon, but the PKRS won't leave, either. Whenever you have someone new to infect, bring out Azurill and infect the new guy. Once that's done, drop it off again. It's usually helpful to infect multiple Azurill so you don't ever have to worry about the PKRS mysteriously running out on you.

So it does go away! o_o Um, one of my Pokemon got it but then I restarted the game... (not like, restart from the begining I just turned it off and started back before my Pokemon got it.) does that mean it can't get it anymore?

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
Spirit Rubi said:
So it does go away! o_o Um, one of my Pokemon got it but then I restarted the game... (not like, restart from the begining I just turned it off and started back before my Pokemon got it.) does that mean it can't get it anymore?
Sadly, you cannot get PokéRus ever again. That was your loss, now if you want a new PKRS, then the chances are lower than finding a shiny.

Mighty

Indigo Champion
If you got it and lost it because you didn't save, there's no way of getting it back except the normal way - extreme luck. I got it, and I spread it to 25 Pokémon in about 20 minutes just to make sure I kept it.

Mighty said:
If you got it and lost it because you didn't save, there's no way of getting it back except the normal way - extreme luck. I got it, and I spread it to 25 Pokémon in about 20 minutes just to make sure I kept it.

No, I have another Pokemon who has it in another game, I was going to trade it into my Emerald again. XD

Phoenix Wright said:
Sadly, you cannot get PokéRus ever again. That was your loss, now if you want a new PKRS, then the chances are lower than finding a shiny.

NO! I HAVE ANOTHER POKEMON THAT HAS IT I GOT TWO! XD

Russian May

Spirit Rubi said:
No, I have another Pokemon who has it in another game, I was going to trade it into my Emerald again. XD

NO! I HAVE ANOTHER POKEMON THAT HAS IT I GOT TWO! XD

So you're very lucky! Congratulations on getting PKRS! Man, I wish I had one...

Russian May said:
So you're very lucky! Congratulations on getting PKRS! Man, I wish I had one...

Thanks... XD Hey you live in Russia? And in that city? My friend who gave me PKRS lives by there... go find her and ask her for it... she has no idea what it is. XD

Jolly Latias

Beginning Trainer
I didn't know how lucky I was the first time my pokémon had PKRS, either. I didn't spread it to any of my boxed pokémon, and lost it. But, I was blessed with PKRS on two of my other games after that, and since I knew what it was by then, I spread it to a bunch of my boxed pokémon so I won't lose it again.

I have encountered PKRS three times. That's the same number of shinies I've encountered.

;380;

Jolly Latias said:
I didn't know how lucky I was the first time my pokémon had PKRS, either. I didn't spread it to any of my boxed pokémon, and lost it. But, I was blessed with PKRS on two of my other games after that, and since I knew what it was by then, I spread it to a bunch of my boxed pokémon so I won't lose it again.

I have encountered PKRS three times. That's the same number of shinies I've encountered.

;380;

I've only got one shiny... T_T Well, I'm going to have fun with PKRS now... if someone goes to JAA in Mall of America I'll gladly trade you a Pokemon with PKRS. ;311;

Russian May

Spirit Rubi said:
Thanks... XD Hey you live in Russia? And in that city? My friend who gave me PKRS lives by there... go find her and ask her for it... she has no idea what it is. XD

I live in Moscow. And who is your friend? PM me, because it is not on topic!

Organous

Boulder Trainer
There is detailed information on the Serebii site here: http://serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml I've got a few that have pokerus, but it hasn't seemed to really spread amongst the others. I have all the infected ones in one box, so I'll try putting them in another populated box to see how that works out.

Organous said:
There is detailed information on the Serebii site here: http://serebii.net/games/pokerus.shtml I've got a few that have pokerus, but it hasn't seemed to really spread amongst the others. I have all the infected ones in one box, so I'll try putting them in another populated box to see how that works out.

I looked on Serebii for it I just didn't find it... >.> Thanks for the link.

Organous

Boulder Trainer
It's inside the Game Mechanics section above the forums link that took you here. There are lots of other useful facts in there. :)

X~Politoed

XiaolinShowdown Yeah
Keep pokerus its really good i got mine in the Battle Pyramid ?!? Really cool. I was on the floor before Brendan.......................i lost against a Houndoom

Status
Not open for further replies.