• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone still listen to Punk Rock?

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
Im not saying there "bad" to everyone. Im saying they not exactly what "punk" is and I personaly think they sound like whiny middle school children.

Im not saying there "bad" to everyone. Im saying they not exactly what "punk" is and I personaly think they sound like whiny middle school children.

I hate trendy punk rock like blink-182 it makes me cringe...

Saying it 'makes you cringe' feels like you're implying it's bad.

But I digress. As I said, I'm probably just inferring things wrong.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
I do think their bad. Im not speaking for everyone though. I mean people like what they like but I think its s*** and im not going to let them get away with calling it "punk". lol At least call it "pop punk" or somethin. I wont have NOFX in the same category as fall out boy without some sort of sub-genre in there! lol seriously though...

I do think their bad. Im not speaking for everyone though. I mean people like what they like but I think its s*** and im not going to let them get away with calling it "punk". lol At least call it "pop punk" or somethin. I wont have NOFX in the same category as fall out boy without some sort of sub-genre in there! lol seriously though...

It's called Pop Punk by a lot of people. The only bloody Pop music I'll listen too.

It's starting to get annoying you only referring to Fall Out Boy, because their are many 'trendy' Punk bands that are infinitely times better than them.

DragonDance

thrasher
ITT, People who think that bands that are not punk at all like Green Day and Fall Out Boy hold a candle to The Misfits, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, etc.

Myself, I don't listen to much punk, however as a metalhead, I will forever be indebted to the sheer influence that true punk had to true metal.

Now, for anyone who has a valid musical opinion: Hardcore Recs, gogogo

Last edited:

Rageman

That's real neato
Give a hint to the people here that aren't clueless retards about punk:

War on Errorism.

mangaeyes

Fall Out Boy's older stuff is much better.

I listen to Blink-182, Greenday, Sum 41, Senses Fail...that sort of thing. Is any of that punk-rock?

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
All punk rock is a bunch of noises crammed together by a unknown group of kids, a title slapped on it and called a song, thus, insulting REAL songs by this ear polluting crap.

mangaeyes

Each to there own. Everybody thinks they listen to 'good' music and everybody has an opinion on why certain music isn't good. Its just a bit of a problem that somebody came on a thread about punk-rock music and insulted it...did you want to start an arguement?

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
And tell me, oh wise superior one, what do you think is real music?

Something that has good beat, tells a story or happening or a decent topic, and is pleasant on the ears.

Each to there own. Everybody thinks they listen to 'good' music and everybody has an opinion on why certain music isn't good. Its just a bit of a problem that somebody came on a thread about punk-rock music and insulted it...did you want to start an arguement?

Why get into an argument over my opinions?

Something that has good beat, tells a story or happening or a decent topic, and is pleasant on the ears.

Then I find it a little offensive that you instantly group every single band of Punk Rock together and say they're all the same. I'm sure you can find something along these lines by at least one band.

Why get into an argument over my opinions?

Because your way of speech makes you sound like you're trying to pass them off as facts.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
Then I find it a little offensive that you instantly group every single band of Punk Rock together and say they're all the same. I'm sure you can find something along these lines by at least one band.

Because your way of speech makes you sound like you're trying to pass them off as facts.

Now now.... don't raise your fist at the kitten, you might make him handshy.
Your interpretation to my sarcasm is unbelievable.

..............................Oh.....I give you credit now. Your only 14.

It's not only me who thinks this of punk...

By the way, I have a right to post. This is America isn't it?

BACK ON TOPIC....

Now now.... don't raise your fist at the kitten, you might make him handshy.
Your interpretation to my sarcasm is unbelievable.

..............................Oh.....I give you credit now. Your only 14.

Maybe I think you're being serious because I have seen people who have said the exact same thing. Not to mention I have to infer what you're saying from text, where it is much harder to understand sarcasm.

And don't talk down to me just because I'm younger.

It's not only me who thinks this of punk...

I know that. And they're are also people who like Punk. What's your point?

By the way, I have a right to post. This is America isn't it?

One, not everyone lives in America, two, I never said you didn't, and three, I find it kind of funny that you say this considering your post in the Puberty thread:
Hello, ego. How are you today? Good? Okay... here is a nice cup of shut the heck up.
Trust me, kid. That aint nothing to write home about.
And not something you should be telling a forum who has over a thousand members either.

BACK ON TOPIC....

We've never really been that far off it.

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
"pop punk" NOFX

I find it ironic when people complain about pop punk and then go about how great NOFX is.

I don't listen to much Punk anymore but there are a few bands I like particularly Dead Kennedy's, Agent Orange and Adolescents. For older bands I have foud some songs by Dead Boys, The Damned, Stiff Little Fingers, The Adicts and the Sex Pistols to be quite good though I haven't really heard anyhting outside of singles. I mostly like the genre in low doses as I will get bored with it after a while. I do like it when punk bands think outside of the box though even if it means expanding to outside the genre.

Last edited:

Fenix

Tremulant
I don't really care much for punk but there are a couple of songs from Sum 41 that I like/frequently listen to, and Sum 41 is generally recognized as a Punk Rock band.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also lol @ trolls getting fed

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Gawd, this thread is full of trolls that keep getting fed.

Even though Punk and Metal were somewhat bitter enemies, you gotta admit that later on they both seemed to influence each other.