• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone still play these games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reillysix

Training Since '98
I'm currently playing Crystal attempting to Catch 'em All.

mewfanforlife

I used to play them a lot, but silver and gold both had their internal batteries die.

Master of Sceptiles

Sceptile Trainer
I play sometimes when I got nothing better to do.

flygon54

i still play it frequently!!! well because i got a shiny porygon and i love it as shiny porygon 2

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Last night I caught a shiny Pinsir in the Bug Contest. And I beat the Elite Four on my new Crystal file. So yes, I still play.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
I wish I could still play, but my sister was nilly-willy and broke my gold version by throwing it, biting it, and soaking it in the bathtub. Then, something happened to my silver version where my data got deleted and whenever I save, it doesn't remember the data, so I end uup starting a new game over and over. And my Crystal version is just plain lost, nowhere to be found for 3 years. If only I had a second chance, I would play them in a heartbeat.

R.I.P. Wiimote's 2nd gen games.

Whitby

Dog Man Star
I still play the games... Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Yep... Good times.

I remember that I had to buy a second Crystal game since, I didn't want to give up my old pokemon on my other Crystal game... And, this was recently too... Like, last week...

Bought it from.. Game Stop... And, yes, surprisingly enough, it actually works.

Wolfie

I'm going to be restarting my Gold version soon, as I have just recharged the internal battery and can now save. So yeah, I still play it, the 2nd gen is my favourite of the games.

Last edited:

roses_108

Sometimes I do but not often enough

kal1ch

I'm playing Gold on my phone. It's fun, although it's a bit laggy and lacks sound..... good to kill time with though! :p :D

Currently leveling up my team for the second badge.

fuzyfuz

Child safety much?
I stopped when i beat ash in gold and silver

I still just turn on my Gold to see if it's still there every so often.

Crystal king

けかいの妖怪~
I'd play my Gold and Silver if they Wern't stolen..but atleast I(thankfully) still have Crystal that my friend gave me.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I've been playing Crystal a lot lately... but it's stuck now, so I can't play much anymore :/

Status
Not open for further replies.