1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone suffer from a mental illnes?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by donteatsoap7, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donteatsoap7

donteatsoap7 Active Member

I feel this is an important topic to talk about and seek help and advice from our peers.

I have schizo-effective disorder (which is a mild form of schizophrenia), along with depression. I'm currently taking medication but I still have symptoms of the schizo-effective. Luckily, the medication for the depression works.

Anyone else going through a similar event?

2. sweetie

sweetie lovely love

inb4 self-diagnosed autists

Well, so this doesn't look like complete spam, I do not have a mental illness, and haven't been tested for anything. What bothers me is people who self diagnose based on some random online self-testing criteria and then act as if they have been professionally diagnosed. Mental illness sucks, but if you have to use it as an excuse for every stupid thing you do you probably don't have anything. Don't blame your supposed 'Aspergers' because you have a crappy social life. I know people with Aspergers or other forms of Autism and they lead decent social lives.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. OldManJenkins

OldManJenkins Lol, wut?

Yep. Doctors arent 100% sure what it is but its probably bipolar. Having a hard time getting a balance of meds that work. **** sucks. Going to the doctor tuesday to get something different assuming I can get my insurance straightened out. -.-

4. donteatsoap7

donteatsoap7 Active Member

Yeah, doctors just assume what it is based on what you tell them and if you have difficulty explaining it (like me) they don't know what to do. :( Yeah, it took me a while to get the right meds for me. just know they are a lot out there so if one or two don't work, you could try others. I really hope you get everything situated because insurance is great to have. :)

5. OldManJenkins

OldManJenkins Lol, wut?

YES. I have so much trouble explaining whats wrong(Partly cuz I dont fully understand it myself I guess). I feel like Im gettin close to finding meds that work tho. And pills are sooo expensive when you dont have insurance.

6. iFi Salamander

iFi Salamander I'm a vampire!

I have Aspergers but it is more like the joker card of life than a disorder. My thought pattern is incredibly hard to read and most times I am only feeling what I am told I am feeling. Inherently I just mimic others.

7. ShinyUmbreon189

ShinyUmbreon189 RealTalkRealFlow

I got anxiety and it's a *****. I can rarely get deep breathes from it and on top of that depression comes along with the anxiety. I went to the doctor and they gave me Xanax but it really ****ed me up. I always smoked weed but I wanted to find a way to do it legally but I don't like pills so ya, I just smoke medical marijuana from Colorado.

8. OldManJenkins

OldManJenkins Lol, wut?

Xanax is great but its addictive as ****. I got anxiety and depression like nobodys business haha.

9. MuzikMaestro

MuzikMaestro >Never Say I Die<

OCD.... big time case of it.... ADD/ADHD as well.

10. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

Not that I know of, but I haven't exactly went to a psychiatrist to see if there is anything wrong either. There could very well be something wrong with me, but I don't see much point in getting a diagnosis.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  11. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

I have depression.

12. Floette

Floette Fennekin

If germaphobia (diagnosed as OCD, I guess) counts, well, yes. I just don't enjoy germs, lol. *washes hands*

13. Eternalserenity

Eternalserenity Wanderer

Starting about four years ago and ending around October of last year, I had PTSD from a stressful school environment. I'm over it now, but there are occasions where it comes back for a bit - usually in the form of depression and unwanted suicidal thoughts.

14. Ferrin

Ferrin Easily Lost

no,though i hate keeping my hands still,especially if i'm sitting down. ive noticed that people with ADHD are fun to be around [:

15. 32er

32er TM87? I got TM32 :]

I have depression.

16. greatguy

greatguy Back.

Well, I haven't been diagnosed by a professional, but I took a test for AS, and I got a high score. Then someone with Asperger's explained that ASers are emotionally retarded, which I'm not...So...As far as I can tell, I have the thought processes of an autistic person, but with a sunny bright personality.

My social life sucks.

17. Rave

Rave Banned

everyone has a small degree of psychopathy to them. It just depends on the magnitude and severity of the learned "abnormality."

18. blackterminator3

blackterminator3 Well-Known Member

I have a learning disability, schizopal disorder, suffer badly from bi-polar disorder and a lot of depression. Been on and off of therapist most of my life. I every once in a while suffer from anxiety attacks by too much stress.

19. Squeegie

Squeegie Hey now!

I have social anxiety disorder, depression, and body dysmorphic disorder.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  20. iFi Salamander

iFi Salamander I'm a vampire!

The latter when coupled with the prior is just you being shallow to compensate, like a guy who has no luck with the ladies so he works out on an absurd level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.