• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone think Froakie will finally break the Water Starter curse?

Will Froakie be the first evolved water starter?

• Yes, Ninja frogs are awesome!

Votes: 133 73.1%
  • No, he will be like the rest

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Not sure/Don't care

Votes: 33 18.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikatoshi26

Looking at XY so far and seeing that it looks like Ash is going to have one starter (Froakie) just like in Hoenn when he had Treecko I am one to think that maybe just maybe Froakie will one stage or two stage evolve. I mean its a ninja frog how can you go wrong? Anyone else share in my controlled optimism?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I am very sure Froakie will become Greninja. ^^ It really feels like a Pokémon that'd evolve.

I also Think that Chespin will stay Chespin, and that Fennekin will evolve to Braixen. But that's just a hunch.

Haunter ゴースト

Agreed. Plus XY is like AG, and Froakie is exactly like Treecko.

I'm glad the AG days are back.

Agreed - despite the fact Froakie is the only starter like Treecko the resemblance is shocking between them in terms of behaviour.

I'm glad too - especially because the writers and animation team have suddenly buckled down.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Agreed - despite the fact Froakie is the only starter like Treecko the resemblance is shocking between them in terms of behaviour.

I'm glad too - especially because the writers and animation team have suddenly buckled down.

Yes as long as this series follows the AG formula we will all be crying tears of joy.

Why would Fennekin evolve? Serena isn't competing in anything.

Why did Brock's Mudkip evolved ?
It wasn't really surprising if he didn't but... he did evolved.
As for Froakie, I think writers will finally break water starters curse and make him evolve to his final stage, anyway he has the conditions so yes...
...But Oshawott had the conditions too before becoming a mascot and we all know what it is now.

Nodame

Misty <3
Yes, I'm 100% sure that Froakie will break the water starters curse and evolve to Greninja. I can see that happening.

Yes as long as this series follows the AG formula we will all be crying tears of joy.

lol You're giving AG way too much credit, way more than it deserve -_-

Last edited:
lol You're giving AG way too much credit, way more than it deserve -_-

Agreed. Personally, each series since AG seemed unique to me. And XY will be unique in its own way.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Assuming that the "water-type curse" isn't another fabricated, silly pattern blown out of proportion by fans. I don't know, it might evolve and it might not. That's all I can say.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I voted "Not sure/Don't care" because I just really don't care about the supposed curse or even about evolution in general to be honest. In my opinion, the "curse" is just fabricated by fans like others have said before. I'm surprised that other people also said they didn't care though given that most people in the Pokemon Speculation thread seem to want Ash to get Greninja. Whatever. I'm gonna feel bad for Froakie if he doesn't evolve though given the amount of complaints that will arise if he doesn't.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Assuming that the "water-type curse" isn't another fabricated, silly pattern blown out of proportion by fans. I don't know, it might evolve and it might not. That's all I can say.

How is it blown out of proportion? How is it that all of Ash's Water-types capable of evolving, didn't? Krabby only evolved because it had like no focus since it's capture. Oshawott was marketed way too much, while Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, and Palpitoad weren't.

In my opinion I think it will at least evolve once & that's good enough for me.

Dax

Legend
I'm enjoying him as a Froakie. I rather not draw precipitated conclusions that will contribute to my disappointment at the end, so for now, I don't care.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
How is it blown out of proportion? How is it that all of Ash's Water-types capable of evolving, didn't? Krabby only evolved because it had like no focus since it's capture. Oshawott was marketed way too much, while Squirtle, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, and Palpitoad weren't.
Because fans assuming the writers have some type of vendetta against Ash's Water-types evolving is really stupid and I mean that bluntly, but not rudely. Almost as silly as the idea that the animators "hate Fraxure and are lazy" because that certain storyboard artist's words that were meant to be interpreted as a joke were taken at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.