• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone watchYu-Gi-Oh, anymore?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yami Bakura was a great villain. One of the best in the Yu-gi-oh world (Second to Yami Marik for me XD) but again what purpose would he have? Attack a duelist school? Sounds like a major downgrade from taking on the Pharaoh in ancient Egypt with living God Cards, Exodia, and Zork clashing. I'm very glad none of the old cast were regulars on Gx. Cameos and references are always welcome and even small crossovers like the 5d's movie are welcome, but for them to appear back to back is to much and it cripples the young blood of the new cast. I'm just a guy who loves change. I love getting fresh new starts while at the same time respecting the old.

Maybe Bakura's spirit could've been after a certain student who would have been the key to his revival or something. I don't know, but the writers could've easily come up with something if they had wanted to. I guess it's good that few of the older characters appeared in the GX series. They had their time in the original series, after all. I haven't watched 5Ds much, but were there any cameos by older characters in that series? Apart from the movie, I mean.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Maybe Bakura's spirit could've been after a certain student who would have been the key to his revival or something. I don't know, but the writers could've easily come up with something if they had wanted to. I guess it's good that few of the older characters appeared in the GX series. They had their time in the original series, after all. I haven't watched 5Ds much, but were there any cameos by older characters in that series? Apart from the movie, I mean.

Officer Trudge was the school bully who beat up Joey and Tristan when they were bullies to Yugi back in school. I don't remember the full story but that was him. So he's from the original series, but a very minor character.

Edit: Bringing Bakura's evil spirit back wasn't necessary. His story really was done. He has no history with the Gx cast so his impact would not have been as good as say Sartorious or Yubels who had personal ties to the Gx cast.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Not in the flesh he wasn't. His name was on a list of people in Domino city.

Lorde

Officer Trudge was the school bully who beat up Joey and Tristan when they were bullies to Yugi back in school. I don't remember the full story but that was him. So he's from the original series, but a very minor character.

Oh yeah, that security guy. I never really liked him, but I did find it funny that he was voiced by Dan Green. I think I remember that they mentioned one of Joey's relatives in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds, although that may have just been dub-added. The dub likes to add weird things like that, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if they did that again.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Oh yeah, that security guy. I never really liked him, but I did find it funny that he was voiced by Dan Green. I think I remember that they mentioned one of Joey's relatives in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds, although that may have just been dub-added. The dub likes to add weird things like that, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if they did that again.

I'm not sure if the was dub stuff either. Trudge was okay. I don't remember if he ever won a duel before but anyway it's a shame he never brought up the past. Would have been interesting to hear he was once a bully to the king of games. Oh well. Being voiced by Dan Green is always great!

Aegon

I think this thread's name really needs to be changed. I think that we can gather that, yes, some people do watch Yu-Gi-Oh!. ;]

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Hmmm...
I'll change the name to yu-gi-oh discussion thread ;)

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
hmm the original yugioh is awesome gx is ok and 5ds suck i mean really playing card on a bike LAME

You're just jealous you can't duel on a bike ;)
Lulz but seriously I thought 5D's was the best! I like Krow/Crow and Yusei and the whole signer/dark signer idea, too.

gliscor&yanmega

hmm the original yugioh is awesome gx is ok and 5ds suck i mean really playing card on a bike LAME

That's just your opinion. Plenty of people enjoy it(Such as myself).

Did you actually give the show a chance or you just calling it "lame" just because of the dueling on motorcycles? I wasn't so crazy about the show at first, but then I watched it and I found it to be actually interesting.

Regardless, you thinking it's "lame" is nothing but an opinion, as such it's not a fact that it's lame.

Lorde

I'm not sure if the was dub stuff either. Trudge was okay. I don't remember if he ever won a duel before but anyway it's a shame he never brought up the past. Would have been interesting to hear he was once a bully to the king of games. Oh well. Being voiced by Dan Green is always great!

I could've sworn that he lost every duel he participated in, although I didn't watch all of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds, so maybe I missed some stuff. I used to think that other minor characters suffered tons of losses to main characters, but Trudge seems to have the record for the most losses in a single Yu-Gi-Oh! series. It's kind of sad, because I liked his deck quite a bit. I also wish he and Yugi had met each other in the 5Ds series.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Dark Bakura's spirit existed in the modern world solely to revive Zorc Necrophades (and in the anime, he WAS Zorc Necrophades). He would have had no business being in GX. Besides, Ryou is the Sennen Ring's chosen wielder, and if someone else wore it, eventually they would die a horrible death. Not to mention the fact that the Sennen Items were long gone by the time GX took place.

He was based on the character from the manga and shares his name (Ushio), but I highly doubt it's the exact same character. Judging by the outcome of his Game of Darkness with Yuugi in the first chapter of the manga, he would be in a mental institution, not riding around on motorcycles playing card games. Of course, things could have happened differently in the DM anime universe, since it's actually really different compared to the manga's universe aside from following the same general story provided by volumes 8+ of the manga (along with alterations)... and we never saw what happened with Ushio in the DM world. The little Penalty Games we've seen from Yuugi inflict upon people in the DM anime were less extreme compared to the manga in the first place.

Last edited:

Mr.Billehh

sorry but 5ds is the worst the best deck though is jadens really superheros the best deck and no i wouldnt duel on a bike cause that isnt cool the original have stuff attached to your ankles thats what i like and the original god cards cant be put out as the most awesomest cards to be created

gliscor&yanmega

sorry but 5ds is the worst the best deck though is jadens really superheros the best deck and no i wouldnt duel on a bike cause that isnt cool the original have stuff attached to your ankles thats what i like and the original god cards cant be put out as the most awesomest cards to be created

Again, it's your opinion, nothing else. You think 5D's is bad, others don't. Neither is right or wrong, it's all opinions and preferences.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad(If that were true then everything is bad since there is always someone to not like something(Same for someone who will always like something)). It also doesn't mean others can't like it or wont like it.

People like different things.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Dark Bakura's spirit existed in the modern world solely to revive Zorc Necrophades (and in the anime, he WAS Zorc Necrophades). He would have had no business being in GX. Besides, Ryou is the Sennen Ring's chosen wielder, and if someone else wore it, eventually they would die a horrible death. Not to mention the fact that the Sennen Items were long gone by the time GX took place.

He was based on the character from the manga and shares his name (Ushio), but I highly doubt it's the exact same character. Judging by the outcome of his Game of Darkness with Yuugi in the first chapter of the manga, he would be in a mental institution, not riding around on motorcycles playing card games. Of course, things could have happened differently in the DM anime universe, since it's actually really different compared to the manga's universe aside from following the same general story provided by volumes 8+ of the manga (along with alterations)... and we never saw what happened with Ushio in the DM world. The little Penalty Games we've seen from Yuugi inflict upon people in the DM anime were less extreme compared to the manga in the first place.

While it has never been officially confirmed he is the same guy, there really is no doubt that its a different one. They have the exact same name and look exactly the same. And with the timeline thing it does add up. I don't know what happened to him in the manga version and I am to lazy to look it up right now, but anime wise I don't think anything that serious happened to him, correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure they were able to cure him because as I said he has the same name and same design perfectly down. The only difference is his skin is a little darker. But that is minor.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Well, Dark Yuugi/Atem seemed less extreme with his Penalty Games compared to his manga counterpart, so 5Ds Ushio is probably the same person that appeared in flashbacks in the anime's universe.

Also, just for information's sake, what basically happened in the manga was that he was playing a Game of Darkness with Yuugi with a theme based around greed, involving a knife and a stack of yen bills, and he decided to stab Yugi after he found out he had pretty much no control over his greed. After that, Yuugi inflicted the Penalty Game "Illusion of Avarice" and he pretty much went insane in public, thinking piles of leaves were piles of money.

The only reason I don't think it's the same Ushio is because (from what I've seen of 5Ds) he doesn't seem to be anything like the Ushio from the manga, which is the only source to base his original personality from seeing as he wasn't shown in anything other than flashbacks. Again, the anime may be different.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Well, Dark Yuugi/Atem seemed less extreme with his Penalty Games compared to his manga counterpart, so 5Ds Ushio is probably the same person that appeared in flashbacks in the anime's universe.

Also, just for information's sake, what basically happened in the manga was that he was playing a Game of Darkness with Yuugi with a theme based around greed, involving a knife and a stack of yen bills, and he decided to stab Yugi after he found out he had pretty much no control over his greed. After that, Yuugi inflicted the Penalty Game "Illusion of Avarice" and he pretty much went insane in public, thinking piles of leaves were piles of money.

The only reason I don't think it's the same Ushio is because (from what I've seen of 5Ds) he doesn't seem to be anything like the Ushio from the manga, which is the only source to base his original personality from seeing as he wasn't shown in anything other than flashbacks. Again, the anime may be different.

In the anime Ushio appeared in a flashback beating up Yugi, Joey, and Tristan. He was a very minor character. The anime characters and manga characters in Yu-gi-oh are not the same. Pegasus died after Yami Bakura took his eye out in the manga right? Anime version of Ushio didn't have a personality because he was just in a flashback for the Duel Monster series, therefore making it very easy to give him one for 5d's. Ushio had a bully like personality from what little I have read from the manga and in 5d's he is a bully cop at the start of the series who later changes. His name as someone stated above was used on a list in Gx of all the people in Domino city including Seto Kaiba. With 5d's setting place in Domino city's future it makes sense. It doesn't make sense to make a new character with the same name and the same face design as a old character who was so minor you could get away with it. It is 99% likely the same guy, especially considering he is now a full grown adult in a future world of Domino city.

Lorde

Why do people always bring up the motorcycle argument? It's not even that bad. It was done to set Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds apart from the original series and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. I was a bit disappointed that there was hardly anything different between the original series and GX, so the addition of Turbo Duels in 5Ds was pretty cool. I'm not the biggest fan of 5Ds, but it's a decent series.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
In the anime Ushio appeared in a flashback beating up Yugi, Joey, and Tristan. He was a very minor character. The anime characters and manga characters in Yu-gi-oh are not the same. Pegasus died after Yami Bakura took his eye out in the manga right? Anime version of Ushio didn't have a personality because he was just in a flashback for the Duel Monster series, therefore making it very easy to give him one for 5d's. Ushio had a bully like personality from what little I have read from the manga and in 5d's he is a bully cop at the start of the series who later changes. His name as someone stated above was used on a list in Gx of all the people in Domino city including Seto Kaiba. With 5d's setting place in Domino city's future it makes sense. It doesn't make sense to make a new character with the same name and the same face design as a old character who was so minor you could get away with it. It is 99% likely the same guy, especially considering he is now a full grown adult in a future world of Domino city.
That's basically what I was getting at. Still don't like the way the anime producers like to veer off from the continuity of the manga by changing stuff and adding their own content, though... and only acknowledging their own continuity during that anniversary shit. Manga gets no love...

Why do people always bring up the motorcycle argument? It's not even that bad. It was done to set Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds apart from the original series and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. I was a bit disappointed that there was hardly anything different between the original series and GX, so the addition of Turbo Duels in 5Ds was pretty cool. I'm not the biggest fan of 5Ds, but it's a decent series.
I hope you mean when it comes to gimmicks, since there are many thinga that set GX apart from the original series, from what I've seen. GX is a lot more lighthearted, for one.